CCRM BNFers - do you still feel it's worth the money?

I have failed 3 IVFs and 2 FTEs and am now considering to go to CCRM. I am turning 40, and this will be my last shot.

Since I was 36, I have had 2 REs, both of which thought I had an egg quality issue, but didn’t explain why it was the case besides that I was old. I haven’t had even one chemical - it’s always been beta below 1. Neither recommended any additional testing, and I really need a doctor who is willing to scruitnize my case.

But at the same time, I am not confident if I can take another BFN, especially because I am an out of pocket patient, and CCRM is way way over our budget. But going to the very best clinic might be necessary for me to feel that I did everything I could have done before accepting a childless life (DE/adaption are not an option for us).

So, if you have had a BFN at CCRM and were an OP patient (or your insurance covered very little), did you still feel it was worth the money? Also, let me know if you eventually succeeded if you don’t mind.

Thanks!

You may want to post this on the CCRM Girls thread, I’m sure you will get lots of feedback there. Good luck!

I did not go to CCRM but I wanted to tell you that if you feel like it is the right thing to do then you should try it. You will regret not doing everything possible to give your self the best opportunity.

We went through 4 fresh cycle before finally deciding that we had to do something different. We loved our clinic, so that was not really the issue. We decided to try donor embryos. I know I would have regreted not giving donor a shot. I am so glad we did because we now have a wonderful 1 1/2 year old!!! Keep trying, don’t give up!! Good luck to you.

Alphie, brit1612

Thanks for your advice!

brit1612, going through 4 fresh cycles must have been really tough for you, but I am glad that you succeeded with DE!

We’ve been trying 7 years, and after 5 failed cycles (3 fresh, 2 frozen) with no sign of implantation at all, I am feeling hopeless. Besides that I am fed up with BFNs, I can’t keep trying IVFs due to health (my family has a bad history of cancer) and financial reasons, but it is really scary to accept the fact that we will be childless. Neither of us considers adoption, and DE is not an option for my DH…

As a CCRM patient now… I wish I would have known about the clinic when I first started my journey (at 40)

I have only done one transfer so far (banking my cycles since I’m not getting any younger) and got a BFP, but miscarried early… The Dr. was actually a little pleased as he now can mark off the list that issue. Now it’s just a matter of quality of the eggs.

I am out of pocket too, NO insurance coverage at all… So I get it… Again… I wish I would have come here first.

I’ll be doing my 2nd transfer around Dec/Jan…

[QUOTE=miyabell]> Alphie, brit1612

Thanks for your advice!

brit1612, going through 4 fresh cycles must have been really tough for you, but I am glad that you succeeded with DE!

We’ve been trying 7 years, and after 5 failed cycles (3 fresh, 2 frozen) with no sign of implantation at all, I am feeling hopeless. Besides that I am fed up with BFNs, I can’t keep trying IVFs due to health (my family has a bad history of cancer) and financial reasons, but it is really scary to accept the fact that we will be childless. Neither of us considers adoption, and DE is not an option for my DH…[/QUOTE]

miyabell - although i dont necessarily fit the criteria you sought, i am ccrm girl and i’m your age. i am on my second retrieval cycle at ccrm after a failed ivf cycle at my local fertility practice (where they told me i’d NEVER get pregnant with my own eggs). i will do a FET in jan.

ccrm doesn’t give promises but i have no doubt that if i am going to get pregnant, THIS is where it can happen. i listen to other women in other places and in their moment of giving up, i want to encourage them to try here…one last time, just to know you’ve tried everything.

it is cost prohibitive. i know, i’m paying 100% OOP and it’s not easy. But i also know that if I don’t try everything with the very best, I will destroy myself wondering. I am confident that I will either get pregnant with my OE or I will have enough information to know there’s no chance, and move on to DE or adoption. I trust this place that much.

i would encourage you to check it out. if you have specific questions or need details, PM me and I’ll give you my experience thus far.

[QUOTE=miyabell]I have failed 3 IVFs and 2 FTEs and am now considering to go to CCRM. I am turning 40, and this will be my last shot.

Since I was 36, I have had 2 REs, both of which thought I had an egg quality issue, but didn’t explain why it was the case besides that I was old. I haven’t had even one chemical - it’s always been beta below 1. Neither recommended any additional testing, and I really need a doctor who is willing to scruitnize my case.

But at the same time, I am not confident if I can take another BFN, especially because I am an out of pocket patient, and CCRM is way way over our budget. But going to the very best clinic might be necessary for me to feel that I did everything I could have done before accepting a childless life (DE/adaption are not an option for us).

So, if you have had a BFN at CCRM and were an OP patient (or your insurance covered very little), did you still feel it was worth the money? Also, let me know if you eventually succeeded if you don’t mind.

Thanks![/QUOTE]