CCRM Girls!!!

Hello everyone! I have been following the board for a while. My husband and I have been TTC for 4 years. My #1 IVF cycle at CCRM with Dr. sch produced 7 follies with 5 mature and only 1 blast for ccs which was abnormal. I have completed the Acia berry/ DHEA study and started stim meds yesterday for retrieval on Sept 19th. I am on protocol 6. Is anyone else on this protocol? I am 40 and this will probably be last cycle with OE due to finances. So I am praying this one works. I have also been praying for all of you out there wherever you may happen to be in your cycles.

Sorry to hear about the scare, but glad everything is ok and congrats on twins!!!

I’m glad everything is OK.

I hope It keeps getting better. And congratulations on your bfp/twins!

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]Hi all! [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]I am so glad that the forum is finally up and running again. Over the last couple of weeks I have started to get withdrawal symptoms.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]AzooinCT,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]Great beta!!! Two babies? How wonderful!!! Congratulations![/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]HRttc2,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]I was thinking about you so thanks for the update. Are you gonna try another cycle at CCRM? I would like to join the Facebook group though my Facebook account is largely inactive. I think I haven’t actually logged in there in last 6 months…[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]Kathe1969,[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]Lots of luck to you! It’s wonderful that you are able to bring your own support group with you :slight_smile: It makes me feel envious though Mr. StorkChaser has been extremely supportive throughout all of this. He’s got an extremely good rapport with kids and it just breaks my heart that none of them are his own…[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]AFM:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]Disaster :frowning: Total and complete disaster :frowning: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]When I went for my 1st ultrasound check and blood test here in Germany, the ultrasound check showed 9 follicles altogether (record number for me) but two of them already at 14mm. The rest was much smaller, around 4-5mm. That was a day before we were supposed to fly to Denver.[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]Enter the lead follicle drama :frowning: I’ve never had that problem with my two other IVF cycles(antagonist protocol) so I can only assume that this is how I reacted to the #6 protocol (MDL with testosterone and saizen).[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]The next day early in the morning I went for another ultrasound check, which showed one 16mm follicle and the rest basically not developing any more or even shrinking :frowning: It seemed like the lead follicle stunned all the others. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]We would have gone to Denver for 4-5 follicles but 1 was just not worth it…so the rest of the day was spend on figuring out how two minimise the penalties for cancelling all our travel reservations at such a short notice :frowning: We were scheduled to fly that day at 2pm. You can imagine how I felt. Devastated would be about 5 levels above the place I was in :frowning: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]We have since talked to dr. Sch and will be trying a new protocol but I do not have much hope. A donor egg would be probably a much more realistic option for us but my SO completely rejects the idea… He’s been just wonderful throughout all of this and I cannot imagine a person more helpful and engaged in the process. He would be a wonderful father, one of those people that a kid could always count on. But he rejects the concept of a donor egg entirely. Sometimes I wonder if it’s not out of some falsely understood loyalty toward me but I can neither change it nor do I want to talk him into it. I’ve always felt that any decisions pertaining to having kids need to come from the heart and have both parents 100% behind it. [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=12px]We’ll see what our ext cycle at CCRM will bring but more and more I am coming to accept that we will never be parents. [/SIZE][/FONT]

Hi Everyone,

I have been following but It’s a little harder to respond on this forum than before. I have a question about prepping for a FET. So I have not been on BCP in 9 years except for my IVF cycle in March 2013 and which I had a very very light period. So I finished my 26 days of BCP for my upcoming FET and I still only had what I would normally consider spotting 7 days after stopping BCP. I called the CCRM nurse and she said to count it as day one because my period may not get any heavier and even if it got heavier the next day that was ok. So I went ahead and started my Estrogen Patches on Saturday. Well today 3 days after what we called CD1 I am bleeding way heavier. So now I am paranoid that we were way off on CD1 and although she said it was ok even the next day, how about 2 days later. So I guess what happens if you start the patches too soon as in 3 days before actual CD1? Will this be obvious on Blood work and ultrasound? Will they push back my transfer which is on a Friday? I only have one shot at this bc we only have 2- 3 day embryos. I just feel like very little has gone smoothly in any step of this IVF process for me. My body just does not respond well to these exogenous hormones. Any reassurance on starting estrogen way early?

That really sucks! I’m so sorry your cycle started off so bad. Hopefully the new protocol will help prevent a lead follicle. The good news is you were starting with 9, which is great so hopefully it will be the same for your next cycle.

It’s so hard to plan and then have everything change last minute, I’m sure even more so for you traveling from another country.

Good luck!

I thought they were a little flexible with the estrogen so hopefully it won’t throw you off. Let us know what they say.
Good luck!

I’m so sorry this happened to you, but at least you didn’t travel to Denver only to have to cancel there. I know how frustrating it is to have a cycle canceled (although I didn’t have to deal with international travel cancelations - ugh!), but hopefully they can get a protocol that better suits you. My first cycle was canceled, then delayed, then didn’t go very well. My second cycle was completely different. Don’t count yourself out too soon! CCRM is great about tweaking protocols. As AzooinCT says, having 9 follicles is super. As for DE, if you have to go that route, perhaps your DH will come around. Our feelings about having children are very complex and can change, depending on the circumstances and also with more information. As I’ve looked into donor embryos, for instance, I’ve learned a lot about epigenetics that has changed the way I think about carrying a baby not created from my own egg. There is a lot of amazing research being done that contradicts a lot of what we tend to think about “biological” children. But hopefully you’ll never have to cross that bridge. Keep us updated about what Dr Sch says. BTW, if you can join the facebook group, it is a bit more active than this one these days.

Your question about the effect of myo-inositol on non PCOS patients prompted me to do some additional research as I am in a similar boat as you and currently taking it. I found this study below that links it to lower # of eggs in non PCOS women. Larger study needed though. Ugh - hate conflicting studies.

http://www.rbej.com/content/10/1/52

Hello ladies, wow I am having a hard time posting here after they changed the forum.
Hope everybody is doing well. I got some results from CCRM. I have a cystic fibrosis mutation but my husband doesn’t so he is ok. My FSH came back at 9, Dr surrey said it was a little high for my age (30) and that if this cycle doesnt work, we may need DE!! :frowning:

I need some advice. We won a free IVF cycle through Thrive IVF study, but we were ready to cycle with CCRM, starting with my next period.
The Thive study is for women with repeated IVF failures, and its 100% free. What would you guys do? Just go to CCRM since its the best or try the study first? They will be testing a new drug that is supposed to help with implantation, although we dont really have an implantation problem, we have an embryo quality problem.

I am so confused, dont know what to do :frowning:

Did you have cycles before with no success? Is money an issue for you? If money is no object, I would go to CCRM, especially if you had failures elsewhere. If it is, then I would consider the study. What clinic is conducting the study? I would consider their success rates. If they are good, and money is an issue, I may try the study. However, I would want to know if the meds are included or covered by your insurance. If they are not included, I may be inclined to go to CCRM anyway. The meds can really add up if you have to cycle more than once.

19 members and counting! Yea!

I did take DHEA but some women should not. Yes I’m taking Acai berry but was not part of the study. Just taking it anyway.

I struggled with whether CCRM should be our next stop as well. In the end I chose to go to CCRM and it was the best decision of my life. In my previous clinic my embryo quality was horrible, most everything arrested between day 3-5 and I was convinced I would need donor eggs. I just cycled at CCRM I got 13 day5 and 6 blasts, of which 8 are CCS normal. I did not need donor eggs- what I needed was a better lab and CCRM’s FLC is the best!!!
Good luck!

I know I missed it and Im having such a hard time navigating this ridic new forum so can someone please repost how to join the FB page? I need to have my 8 year old niece school me on all this online stuff.

I can’t even imagine the frustration and sadness you must be feeling. I’m so very sorry. My RE “cancelled” my cycle too but we didn’t need to worry about the travel changes and costs. I’d be so mad. Did you still do the business? Maybe you’ll get lucky! And yes we’d love you to join us!

Hi ladies, thank you so much. I have had 3 failed IVF cycles so far, and we have bad quality embryos, none ever reached blastocyst stage. Money is not an issue, we have the money for CCRM thanks to my in-laws. The clinic conducting the study is Center for Women’s Reproductive Care (the CWRC), it doesnt have very good success rates… Have any of you cycled there??

LanaA - if finances aren’t a concern I would go to CCRM. For the thrive study you will be randomly selected into the treatment or placebo group for a test drug treating a problem you say you don’t have. I’m guessing that the drug is for immunological issues if they’re treating implantation problems. “Free” is a seductive word but think of what youre getting. You have already failed a few ivfs. I don’t see how a free IVF to treat implantation failure at a mediocre clinic will help your egg quality problem. It’s possible that you could get lucky, and if time isn’t of the essence then it might be worth doing the trial. But I think most of us wished we had moved to CCRM sooner. I hope I haven’t offended you with my bluntness.

Hi All,

I’ll be heading to Denver on Thursday for my 2nd IVF cycle. Anyone around this weekend and want to meet up? I am planning to go to CCRM’s support group at 1PM on Sat. We can meet there. It’s free and open to anyone cycling at CCRM. You meet in the lobby.

http://www.colocrm.com/NewsEvents/Events/12-01-06/Fertility_Support_Group_-_Lone_Tree.aspx