Center for Human Reprd in NYC-40+ w/High FSH-Anyone???

Greetings,

I’m still very new to the board, so please bear with me. But, has anyone dealt with the Center for Human Reproduction in New York city. I’ve looked at their SART/CDC numbers and they have good #'s for those of us 40+ and focus on the FSH/DHEA aspect quite heavily.They even have a (confidence rating) for 40-43 yrs olds. Wow!

I just learned yesterday that our 1st IVF was and the staff there was horrible, so I might not even bother with the WTF follow up. In the meantime we want to try again and this clinic keeps popping up.

Does anyone have any feedback, experiences they’d like to share? Also, they have a supplement (essentially DHEA) that they are selling, anyone familiar.

We live in MI so before we pack our bags for NYC does anyone have any comments?

Thanks and :babydust: to all,

Me:42-Fine-High FSH (highest 20.6), AMH ‘normal’ for my age or so I was told
DH:40 Fine

#1-IVF-02/22-4 Follies, 3 ICSI’s, seemed to a lil slow responder to 300 Menopur, 300 Gona Pen, initially. Estrdial (Trigger 500up)
02/25-All 3 ET 2-8 cell, 1-6
03/06-Beta -:bfn: was less than 2 (I’m thinking lining issues maybe)
03/10-:af: Already time to get to work with new RE

I got a bad vibe from them when I was looking for clinics. You should look into CCRM in Colorado.

flygirl9999-Re:Center of Hum. Rep-NYC

[QUOTE=silverbrumby]I got a bad vibe from them when I was looking for clinics. You should look into CCRM in Colorado.[/QUOTE]

Hi Silverbrumby,

You know I am going to take your reply as a whisper on my ear as to where my DH and I go for this next phase of treatment.

First, I’m so glad to hear about your twins after the challenges you faced getting to your :bfp: AND doing it all being a cancer survivor. You are my shero!!

My DH had leukemia. Its been rough. But we after many years are ready to start a family and its clear we need the best—period. I didn’t mention it in this posting but we’ve already been in contact with CCRM. I have my phone consult next week and I’m ready to travel wherever for treatment.

We have been torn between the two clinics for the past couple weeks now. I started with CHR, but CCRM (CDC) numbers are amazing. There’s this nagging feeling that keeps saying that CCRM is where we should go, even though getting to NYC would be easier, cheaper and closer.

Due to the time change and my work schedule it’s been difficult to communicate with CCRM right now; CHR jut doesn’t believe in taking calls just emails. We’ll have ame a decision by next week, but I’m curious, what did you think of CHR and what have u heard about CCRM?

Take care and :babydust: to you if you thinking of taking the plunge again my dear.

Flygirl9999

Well, I made a HUGE mistake of choosing SIRM as my last resort for IVF so my judgement is definitely not perfect. What made me not consider CHR was that their talk about individualized treatment didn’t really match up with the way they treated me during my call. I had a lot of questions and didn’t feel like I got many substantive answers and felt like it was just a big marketing gimmick. I actually also found the thought of NYC as an IVF destination to be too costly compared to other locations where I had friends I could stay with or where there were inexpensive hotel options (not really so in NYC).

I have several friends who had successes at CCRM. I chose SIRM over them mostly because of timing and because I had a friend I could stay with in Vegas (kicking myself now). My friends all said that the doc there wasn’t very warm and fuzzy but that he knew his stuff and was honest and thorough and they all went home with babies so that is a good sign I guess.

Well I had a consult with CHR but decided against them. Their numbers are good but I felt rushed with them so based on a gut feeling I decided to pass.

I also found out that RMANJ has much better numbers than CHR and they are right next door in NJ. Actually, based on CDC numbers I wonder why it took me so long to learn about RMANJ. Their numbers for over 40’s (via CDC) are just below CCRM (or so it seems) based on my very basic understanding of these things. After I tossed out CHR I began looking more closely at CCRM, Cornell, and RMANJ. My consult with RMANJ is in person in 3 days, and I recently found out that they do Select CCS similar to CCRM so if their consult goes well they may be my pick. I’ve already met with an RE at Cornell, which was great but they don’t do CCS; and I’ll only call CCRM as a last resort as travel and accommodations will = more $$$.

Hope things work out for you. Let us know what you decide.

[QUOTE=SoapySeltzer]After I tossed out CHR I began looking more closely at CCRM, Cornell, and RMANJ. My consult with RMANJ is in person in 3 days, and I recently found out that they do Select CCS similar to CCRM so if their consult goes well they may be my pick. I’ve already met with an RE at Cornell, which was great but they don’t do CCS; and I’ll only call CCRM as a last resort as travel and accommodations will = more $$$. [/QUOTE]

UPDATE:

1. RMANJ = most painful vaginal sonogram EVER! 24 hours later and I’m still bleeding and in pain. Seriously! :af:

2. Found out Cornell does PGD which is similar to CCS but tests less chromosomes. They also do Assisted Hatching for over 40’s. :clap:

Hope you find the place that’s right for you.