Center for Human Reproduction-40+, w/High FSH and "Fertinatal"-ANYONE??

Greetings,

I’m still very new to the board, so please bear with me. But, has anyone dealt with the Center for Human Reproduction in New York city. I’ve looked at their SART/CDC numbers and they have good #'s for those of us 40+ and focus on the FSH/DHEA aspect quite heavily.They even have a (confidence rating) for 40-43. Wow!

I just learned yesterday that our 1st IVF was :bfn: and the staff there was horrible, so I might not even bother with the WTF follow up. In the meantime we want to try again and this place keeps popping up.

Does anyone have any feedback, experiences they’d like to share? Also, they have a supplement (essentially DHEA) that they are selling, anyone familiar.

We live in MI so before we pack our bags for NYC does anyone have any comments?

Thanks and :babydust: to all,

Me:42-Fine-High FSH (highest 20.6), AMH ‘normal’ for my age or so I was told
DH:40 Fine

#1-IVF-02/22-4 Follies, 3 ICSI’s, seemed to a lil slow responder to 300 Menopur, 300 Gona Pen, initially. Estrdial (Trigger 500up)
02/25-3 ET, no left overs
03/06-Beta:bfn: -No reason yet

[quote=flygirl9999]Greetings,

I’m still very new to the board, so please bear with me. But, has anyone dealt with the Center for Human Reproduction in New York city. I’ve looked at their SART/CDC numbers and they have good #'s for those of us 40+ and focus on the FSH/DHEA aspect quite heavily.They even have a (confidence rating) for 40-43. Wow!

I just learned yesterday that our 1st IVF was :bfn: and the staff there was horrible, so I might not even bother with the WTF follow up. In the meantime we want to try again and this place keeps popping up.

Does anyone have any feedback, experiences they’d like to share? Also, they have a supplement (essentially DHEA) that they are selling, anyone familiar.

#1-IVF-02/22-4 Follies, 3 ICSI’s, seemed to a lil slow responder to 300 Menopur, 300 Gona Pen, initially. Estrdial (Trigger 500up)
03/06-Beta:bfn: -No reason yet[/quote]

I am not really familiar with that clinic, but there is a board with a lot of high FSH people where I am sure I have seen this clinic discussed before. It is network 54 new high FSH board and there is also an over 40 board. You may want to post your question over there also. Have you thought about Dr. Davis at Cornell? He is really good for high FSH patients.

Yeah the CHR has a pretty good rep. for treating older women with infertility problems. Although I have no personal experience myself, I know from reading infertility journals that they have had good success with DHEA supplementation for ovarian function.

I know they also treat a lot of patients long distance, so you don’t need to be in NYC all the time. I guess like any place contact them first. My sister was interested last year, and she just had to complete an online consultation form to start the process. Good to check out this way whether or not they can help you, and it will save you the trip.

Hope this helps!

flygirl9999-Re:Center of Hum. Rep-NYC

Thank you Robyn & Houston,

I’m going to check out that other board. I didn’t know if I was putting this thread in the right area but BOY do I need some advice.

I’m also going to check out Dr. Davis at Cornell as well.

Good Luck and :babydust: :babydust: to you both.

Flygirl9999

[quote=flygirl9999]Greetings,

03/06-Beta:bfn: -No reason yet[/quote]

So sorry to hear about your BFN. I cycled at CHR. They did try for a while with DHEA, with my own eggs, etc. The DHEA they had me take was by prescription, there is a pharmacy that compounds it, just a couple of blocks away.

I find the doctors to be absolutely amazing. I’ve stuck with Dr. B though, I like him the best. The staff there is also wonderful - busy, insanely busy - but still. I find the best way to communicate with them is by sending an e-mail, and if you need to speak with them, they will call you just as soon as they are able, which in my experience has been pretty much right away (unless they are doing monitoring, which is usually over by 10-11). You can also ask the front desk to page whoever is available if it’s an emergency.

Unfortunately, in my case, we had to move to DE after a while, but so far so good.

If this place doesn’t work out, I hope you find one that does, but they are truly the best at what they do if you want to keep trying with your OE.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help with anything else.

Cornell and CHR

Hi ladies,

I just finished my second IVF and got my :bfn: yesterday. I have made a phone consult with CCRM but since i will be turning 42 in a few months, i am looking to find the best place to maximize my chances and am prepared to cycle as much as i can, ASAP. I am paying all out of pocket and CCRM does not have multi cycle packages for my age so , for that reason, i am also looking at other possible clinics.

I have looked up cornell at Sart website but cant find it. You all seem more familiar with this so i would like to know your suggestions? Perhaps i would be better trying for cornell or CHR? Despite scouring through these boards non stop, i just stumbled on this thread today and, until now, had not heard of these two clinics, CCRM seemed to be the go to place.

I look forward to any input you may have good or bad and wish you all :cheer: :bsv:

Go to CHR, talk to the Drs., see how you feel about what they do and what they say. Before we chose CHR, we went to several clinics to have a consult, and even though my insurance didn’t cover the Drs at CHR, and we were already in debt and not doing well financially, we decided on CHR.

Best decision I’ve ever made. But it’s a very personal choice. Go to Cornell, and others, as well as CHR. Talk to them, you will know right away which place is right for you.

Good luck!
P.S. are you planning on trying again with your own eggs? if so, CHR would be the only place I’d trust.

[quote=Mmflorida]Hi ladies,

I just finished my second IVF and got my :bfn: yesterday. I have made a phone consult with CCRM but since i will be turning 42 in a few months, i am looking to find the best place to maximize my chances and am prepared to cycle as much as i can, ASAP. I am paying all out of pocket and CCRM does not have multi cycle packages for my age so , for that reason, i am also looking at other possible clinics.

I have looked up cornell at Sart website but cant find it. You all seem more familiar with this so i would like to know your suggestions? Perhaps i would be better trying for cornell or CHR? Despite scouring through these boards non stop, i just stumbled on this thread today and, until now, had not heard of these two clinics, CCRM seemed to be the go to place.

I look forward to any input you may have good or bad and wish you all :cheer: :bsv:[/quote]

[QUOTE=brmus21]Go to CHR, talk to the Drs., see how you feel about what they do and what they say. Before we chose CHR, we went to several clinics to have a consult, and even though my insurance didn’t cover the Drs at CHR, and we were already in debt and not doing well financially, we decided on CHR.

Best decision I’ve ever made. But it’s a very personal choice. Go to Cornell, and others, as well as CHR. Talk to them, you will know right away which place is right for you.

Good luck!
P.S. are you planning on trying again with your own eggs? if so, CHR would be the only place I’d trust.[/QUOTE]

Thanks br. Yes i plan on using my own eggs. I will be having my post failed ivf meeting with my doctor in early april (he is 4 hrs away) so he can tell me what happened. Im concerned that despite my good numbers my response was so poor. That is why i think a different protocol should have been used but when i researched my doc on sart (after i become aware of it) he does have a solid record and significant experience, in fact probably best and established clinic in florida and lots of experience in my age group. Im just baffled right now and overwhelmed but want to have the perfect plan in place to not waste a second.