Cero fertilization.... Anyone else?

Hi!
I just got my fertilization report… Out of 5 mature eggs none fertilized. Has anyone had this happened?
What did you do?
Any ideas?

[QUOTE=Oldtimerivfagal]Hi!
I just got my fertilization report… Out of 5 mature eggs none fertilized. Has anyone had this happened?
What did you do?
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

did you try icsi?

[QUOTE=Oldtimerivfagal]Hi!
What did you do?
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

We had that happen to us the first time with ICSI. They were pretty sure it was the sperm by looking at both so we had back up the second time around and told the embryologist that we didn’t want to know which they used. We got fertilization the second time around :). It’s always good to sit down with your RE after and see what their thoughts are.

I have had this happen with ICSI. I switched protocols to one better for me and had 100% fertilization the next time. So, I think protocol can make a huge difference. I was told my eggs were bad, but then went on to have a much better cycle. No fertilization can be a lab issue, a sperm issue, a protocol issue, or all of the above.

I’m not sure if you used ICSI. If you did not, I would use it next time. I am assuming you probably did since this is pretty standard protocol now.

There is something new in the works called calcium ionophore. I have not read a whole lot about this, but I know they put it in the lab medium and it is supposed to help with fertilization. I saw some girls on the CCRM board have better results with this approach. Not a ton of clinics are doing this yet, but I believe it is not that difficult to do and something worth checking into.

Thanks ladies…
We did do icsi
My RE implied egg issues…
I have DOR… But 2 years ago had 20 eggs and 19 fertilized. Now only 5 eggs and none fertilized

Have my wtf appointment next week…

Thanks for your suggestions and answers. Appreciate it!