cervix position?

So I’ve looked online and your cervix goes low and hard after ovulation, and then low and soft for AF or high and soft for pregnancy.

Yesterday it wad low and hard, had some cramps, and today its high and I can’t tell if its soft or hard, because I cant really reach. Is this a good sign? I’m only 9dpo, so its too early to test, but last month it didn’t do this at all…

[quote=hunt2005]So I’ve looked online and your cervix goes low and hard after ovulation, and then low and soft for AF or high and soft for pregnancy.

Yesterday it wad low and hard, had some cramps, and today its high and I can’t tell if its soft or hard, because I cant really reach. Is this a good sign? I’m only 9dpo, so its too early to test, but last month it didn’t do this at all…[/quote]

That is actually a VERY VERY good sign!!! That is how I knew I was pregnant before I found out I was pregnant. It was just like that. Low one day and the next day it was so high I couldn’t find it. It was still a little hard that first day, but each day after that it got softer and softer to the point I could not even feel it. Good luck and I hope you get you BFP very soon!!!

I have to ask because I’ve never heard of it before: How do you feel your own cervix? I’ve never tried it, so this might seem like a stupid question. Do you just shuf your finger in there and hit the “wall” so to speak? How do you know what you’re feeling and whether or not to distinguish between hard and soft, or up and down? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i never heard this before.

[QUOTE=ssnikitas]I have to ask because I’ve never heard of it before: How do you feel your own cervix? I’ve never tried it, so this might seem like a stupid question. Do you just shuf your finger in there and hit the “wall” so to speak? How do you know what you’re feeling and whether or not to distinguish between hard and soft, or up and down? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but i never heard this before.[/QUOTE]
It’s not stupid at all! You reach in and feel upwards… its easiest to feel during your period or the two week wait when its low and then you can learn from there. If it feels like your most its hard, squash its soft. You’ll feel a doughnut shaped section which is the cervix itself :slight_smile:

You should look up checking your cervical position during your cycle. If you have never felt your cervix before you probably have no idea what you are feeling for. I have checked cervical position for years now. The way I actually learned what a cervix felt like was from being an EMT for years and having to know when we have a women in labor to check her cervix for dilation, so I had to learn what a cervix felt like. After learning and know what to feel for I felt of my own to see where it was.

During your cycle your cervix changes position and it gets hard and soft. Before your period arrives your cervix will be low in your canal and hard like your nose, or maybe a little harder. After your period is over it will rise up in the canal and close off. You will not be able to feel the dimple in it. As your ovulation approaches your cervix will become more soft like your lips and it will be higher and harder to reach, it will also open to allow the sperm to enter the cervix in order to reach the uterus. After you have ovulated the cervix closes again and begins to form a mucus plug in the dimple, preparing the body in case you become pregnant in order to hold the baby in and keep infection out. If you are not pregnant your cervix will lower once again and become firm getting ready for AF to arrive.

There is also different fluids that are present with this. Right before AF arrives you will have a thick sticky white discharge that is present. It is tacky in consistency. After AF it will be watery and thin and pretty clear. As ovulation approaches that discharges changes to the egg white consistency. Some women get the EWCM after ovulation has occurred, so unless you know your body you will not know how to determine if it happens to you before or after ovulation. Anyway, the EWCM will then turn into a thin milky discharge if your progesterone is increasing. If you are pregnant you will notice more of this type of discharge. If you are not then you will notice the tacky thick discharge return.

A cervix felts like a thumb almost. It is round and almost like a cylinder and you can take your finger and go all the way around it when it is low and hard in the canal. You can feel a dimple in the tip of it.

Hope that helps you out. Knowing your cervix is a very good thing.

Lovinmybabies ~ Awesome post, very informative. Thanks!

Thank you Loving Babies. I had no idea, now I do! I will start doing that!

You are very welcome. I hope that helps a lot of women. There are always a lot of cervical questions on here.

Mine is always high and soft from 7dpo til 14dpo. It goes from high and soft and open to low hard and closed after ovulation then sometime around 4dpo it starts moving to med, med and closed until 7dpo where it goes high, soft and close until AF shows up. Its like that EVERY cycle even on my bfp cycle. I could tell no different in my bfn and bfp cycles.

Hopefully yours is a good sign. :cross: