Chances to improve iui

We have our 3rd/4th IUI next week so that the dr doesn’t miss the egg drop. My question is should we have sex before the iui to increase the chances? I read alot about releasing my swimmers every 24hrs to get the bad ones out and make room for more healthy ones, some say have sex after iui the next day, some the week before but we need at least 3-4 days from last intercourse to IUI day I am just curious what others have done?

Well my RE told me to do BD on IUI night.
I am on the same boat and hoping positive this time.
Good luck

[QUOTE=xxnonamexx]We have our 3rd/4th IUI next week so that the dr doesn’t miss the egg drop. My question is should we have sex before the iui to increase the chances? I read alot about releasing my swimmers every 24hrs to get the bad ones out and make room for more healthy ones, some say have sex after iui the next day, some the week before but we need at least 3-4 days from last intercourse to IUI day I am just curious what others have done?[/QUOTE]

Our RE tells us that we should abstain for 2 days prior to and IUI. But definitely should BD the night of and the day after, it can’t hurt.

Are you guys tracking ovulation with an OPK?

For us since MFI is our issue we have dh release at 36-48 hours before IUI. A hold any longer than that makes his counts suck and any sooner than that they are also low. Yes it is best to have him release every other day or every 2 days. But every day can make the counts low. So for us we dtd 36-48 hours before IUI, then have the IUI, then we dtd the night of IUI even though we know his count will be low, then we dtd again the next night to cover our bases incase ovulation is later than it should be.

My doctor recommended we abstain for 48 hours before the IUI so that the count would be stronger. Then we were told to bd the night of the IUI and the next two nights. Good luck!

IUI#3 occured today and the egg did not drop yet and the dr also said he went deeper when he released it so we shall see since last time the egg had already dropped. My wife also did the trigger shot last night. My count was still low but improving.

lots of baby dust to all…