Chemical Pregnancy?

Hi Everyone,
I am so happy to have found this site. I was hoping to get some insight on what has happened to me in the past few days.
My husband and I have been TTC since we were married in July 2014, we tried for 6 months in 2013 as well I went back on BC for a bit until the Wedding. I’m not proud to day, but my husband has used injectable steroids for quite sometime and we have taken multiple home fertility tests that have come back negative or inconclusive. It is my understanding that you will get a negative reading if your count is anywhere under 20 million so it doesn’t tell us if his count is 0 or low. He has been off of them for awhile and I’m hoping they are building back up. So here is what happened I took a pregnancy test on Wednesday my AF was due between the 7th and today the 9th. I looked at it for 2 minutes then put it down. I picked it back up after some 45 minutes and it looked like a faint positive, it was a blue dye test and the darkest part of the line was off center but I did see a light blue covering the whole area. I decided to buy a digital test for the morning. I took an early response digital with FMU and got a BFP very quickly it appeared. My DH and I were so excited! I decided to confirm with another digital this morning and it was negative. may I also add that I have had very light pink sometimes wipe (TMI) discharge. I called the doc and they ordered a blood test. My HCG levels are 0.
So here is the question, was this a chemical pregnancy where my egg was fertilized and didn’t attach or was this 2 false positives. Its sooooo important for me to figure this out because if it was a chemical at least this means my hubby works! I did take apart my digital tests and the first one had a very very faint positive on the test strip the negative was even fainter. Could my levels have been so low that they returned to 0 in one day or was this a fluke.
Please give me your opinion, it is very appreciated!

[QUOTE=“CCas28, post: 1788611, member: 84530”]Hi Everyone,
I am so happy to have found this site. I was hoping to get some insight on what has happened to me in the past few days.
My husband and I have been TTC since we were married in July 2014, we tried for 6 months in 2013 as well I went back on BC for a bit until the Wedding. I’m not proud to day, but my husband has used injectable steroids for quite sometime and we have taken multiple home fertility tests that have come back negative or inconclusive. It is my understanding that you will get a negative reading if your count is anywhere under 20 million so it doesn’t tell us if his count is 0 or low. He has been off of them for awhile and I’m hoping they are building back up. So here is what happened I took a pregnancy test on Wednesday my AF was due between the 7th and today the 9th. I looked at it for 2 minutes then put it down. I picked it back up after some 45 minutes and it looked like a faint positive, it was a blue dye test and the darkest part of the line was off center but I did see a light blue covering the whole area. I decided to buy a digital test for the morning. I took an early response digital with FMU and got a BFP very quickly it appeared. My DH and I were so excited! I decided to confirm with another digital this morning and it was negative. may I also add that I have had very light pink sometimes wipe (TMI) discharge. I called the doc and they ordered a blood test. My HCG levels are 0.
So here is the question, was this a chemical pregnancy where my egg was fertilized and didn’t attach or was this 2 false positives. Its sooooo important for me to figure this out because if it was a chemical at least this means my hubby works! I did take apart my digital tests and the first one had a very very faint positive on the test strip the negative was even fainter. Could my levels have been so low that they returned to 0 in one day or was this a fluke.
Please give me your opinion, it is very appreciated![/QUOTE]

Don’t know if you’ve figured out what happened but it sounds to me like you had a chemical pregnancy. My understanding is you may get a false negative but not a false positive.

This sounds like a chemical to me. I’m so sorry. I went through several of these. I’d get a positive test and then a few days later I would start to cramp and would take another test and it would be negative. At least you know there is some sperm count there. That’s great!

CCas28,
Have you seen a dr. since your test? I wouldn’t be able to diagnose anything, but I’m hoping you get answers soon!