Christmas gifts

Just wondering what everyone is getting their kids for Christmas this year?? What’s on your list? I have three 2 year olds that have a birthday coming up as well as Christmas! I’d love to hear your ideas! Thanks gurls!:flower:

I’m curious too! We’ve gotten a few things but since we also have Christmas and a birthday so close it’ll be nice to get some more ideas.

So far for our little boy we’ve gotten the Little People Play and Stand Ramp with the little Wheelies. I can’t wait to give this to him because every time the commercial comes on his eyes light up! We also got some mega-blocks and a Thomas Take a Play set with a few engines.

I think this year is going to be so much fun!!

I just realized my picture avatar is still my little guy from last Christmas. Time to update!

There so many cool things out there for our little ones its hard to pick and choose.
I was considering a puppet theater because he is so big into pretend play right now.
I bought the hide and seek Safari Jr. I will provide the link I think its pretty neat little toy.
Amazon.com: R and R Games Hide and Seek Safari Jr. - Monkey: Toys & Games

Great thread idea!

So far I got them Pillow Pets- on sale for $10.99 each at buy.com (free shipping).
Buy.com - Cuddlee Extra Large 18" Super Plush Pet Pillow for Kids of All Ages - (Choose from Six Different Animals)

And dish sets (nothing exciting here).

I also want to get them the Mega Bloks Table.

Lily is big into pretend play as well, so we are getting her a kitchen and dishes/play food. I am also going to set up her playroom more for her.

We got Brianna an inflatable mini ball pit, some crayola crayon, market & stamp buddies, and a Minnie mouse rolling backpack (holds a stuffed minnie mouse) for trips, and a mini fisher price magnadoodle for the car. Her b-day is in September, so she got so many toys that we are trying to take it easy for Christmas.

We’re doing a play kitchen and all the accessories as well. We are also going to do some doll furniture (high chair, cradle, etc.) because my DD loves to play with her dolls. Not sure what else since her birthday is in February and I’m sure she’ll get a ton then too.

We received the girls’ Christmas gifts from my sister today. The Fed Ex man wore himself out carrying the boxes! They got a kitchen and a roller coaster.

We set up the roller coaster today and they love it. It is easy to put together and move if needed. They also love walking up and down the ramp too without the car. I recommend it!

The kitchen will have to wait until after turkey day to be set up. The directions are insane.

Wyatt is going to get a kitchen and a train table. Haven’t decided on what kitchen yet though. I will probably get him a leap frog lap top too. And he loves those jack in the box sock monkeys. His b-day is in Feb so I probably will give him one of the big gifts then.

I’m going to have to show my DH this thread because I really wanted to get Parker a kitchen and he thinks it’s girly! Hmph! Men… LOL

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

[quote=Loves2Laugh]I’m going to have to show my DH this thread because I really wanted to get Parker a kitchen and he thinks it’s girly! Hmph! Men… LOL

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving![/quote]

LOL! My BIL thought the same thing…but we found a kitchen that had a grill attached too…then it was okay for a boy :slight_smile: haha

I got my DD a kitchen for Xmas last year, and it has been a great investment. Role play is very important in their development at this age.
I also got her a tricycle then, but she has not learn to operate it correctly yet.
This year, I am getting her an easel. She is into “being an artist” so I think she will use it a lot.

What about you all with younger babies… what are you getting for your LO’s?? What did you all with toddlers get them last year that was a hit??
Im really trying not to buy a lot because he doesnt understand yet but its so hard! So far Ive bought a dump truck, this vibrating rubber ball thingie that I think will be fun for him to chase when he starts crawling, a tickle me elmo, and a busy ball popper. Im also planning on getting a stride to ride dino and a fisher price learn and move music station.

[quote=Lauralillies529]What about you all with younger babies… what are you getting for your LO’s?? What did you all with toddlers get them last year that was a hit??
Im really trying not to buy a lot because he doesnt understand yet but its so hard! So far Ive bought a dump truck, this vibrating rubber ball thingie that I think will be fun for him to chase when he starts crawling, a tickle me elmo, and a busy ball popper. Im also planning on getting a stride to ride dino and a fisher price learn and move music station.[/quote]

Laura my son is younger than yours by a few months, but I too didn’t want to get him too much because a)he doesn’t understand yet and b)we have a small house so I can’t go overboard anyways.

He LOVES the Baby Einstein puppets, so I got him the Baby Einstein Octoplush, a Mortimer the Moose toy, a turtle shape sorter, and the Vtech learning zoo. I also got him one of those balls that lights up that he can chase when he starts crawling. His Aunt got him the Laugh and Learn puppy and some bath toys.
Basically I tried to find toys that stimulated each of the senses and got those.

The octoplush is soft and it helps to teach colors.
The turtle shape sorter has different textures on each shape…one rattles, one has bumps, etc.
The Vtech zoo sings and lights up.
The ball lights up.
You see where I’m going with this LOL. This way I have toys to stimulate all his senses but I dont go overboard!

Hope that helps

My daughter is 16 months and we got her:
a refrigerator (she got the stove/sink part of her kitchen for her first birthday. Land of Nod has a beautiful wooden kitchen if anyone was interested in a classic looking kitchen)
a cozy coupe shopping cart
a doll
little people farm
a girl train set for her train table
a pretend blackberry

She is getting lots of play food and dolls from family. Pretend play is really developing right now.

We also are getting a play kitchen for my almost-2 year old DD! We’ve gotten her some accessories to go with it (pot/pan set and plan to get wood food set). That will be from Santa.

We are giving her the Weeble Wobble treehouse, a wooden puzzle, pretend bottle/sippy cup for dolls and a strawberry shortcake doll (she loves these UGLY little naked-nappy hair dolls my MIL picked up at a garage sale this past summer and I hope the shortcake doll will replace them :)).

My parents are giving her a wooden doll bed. Like some of the other’s kids, my DD is real big into pretend play right now so trying to keep that in mind when shopping.