Clinics in southern california

Hi,

Do any of you socal girls have recommendations for clinics? I just finished a cycle at HRC in Laguna Hills with Dr. Frederick and I’m not interested in going back there. While her bedside manner is great, I feel like she’s more interested in money than success. I won’t be doing a cycle for awhile, but I’d love some suggestions. Thanks!

I’m sorry to hear your first cycle was unsuccessful. :frowning:

I just finished my first cycle with Dr. Abdalluh at the Pacific Reproductive Center in Irvine. I like this practice a lot better than HRC.

Unfortunately, Dr. A is leaving in the next month or two to start his own clinic. I heard Dr. Salem, the medical director and founder, will be taking over in Irvine.

Thanks. I was looking at PRC too. There are so many clinics here! I hope you get your bfp this time.

clinics in southern california

Hi bbe

I’ve been going to West Coast Fertility with Dr. David Diaz. Everyone there is really great and he definitely doesn’t try to push you into doing anything extra or unnecessary which I found really nice. I’ve referred a couple of friends to him and they all feel the same way. He has two locations, Fountain Valley and Fullerton but Fountain Valley is his main office. My experience with him has been great.

bbe - I don’t know if Beverly Hills is too far but I highly recommend Southern CA Reproductive Center. If you go to the Sart website, you’ll see that they have some of the highest success rates around. They are pretty big so if you are looking for a place where everyone knows your name and remembers personal details about you, this is not the place. However, they run an extremely tight ship and they have you in and out. I found that my morning (usually there between 7:45am and 8:00am) appts. only took 10 minutes for both bloodwork and ultrasound. In fact, I would get to work early on these days because my appts. were so fast.

I am with Dr. Surrey who is professional and nice but I have barely had any contact with him. I already knew this and chose to go with him anyway since he had such a great reputation. He did my Hystersonogram, my egg retrieval, transfer, and then I will see him for my first ultrasound. Other than that, I have been dealing with his nurses. He is a man of few words but I expected that.

There are 3 other RE’s there as well and my acupuncturist highly recommends Dr. Wendy Chang. I recommend Dr. Surrey as well but you will not have much contact with him.

Sorry to write such a long reply but knowing what you just went through, when you are ready to try again, I would hope you have a ton of confidence in your new RE. I have been pretty happy with SCRC but DH did mention that had I not spent months researching IVF and knew the process fairly well, I would have been lost since they don’t spend a ton of time explaining each step to you. However, if you ask, the nurses always take the time to do it.

I sincerely wish you the best!!!

Thanks Suzanne!

Ladyluck: I was looking into that clinic as well. BH is a bit of a drive but I can handle a long commute if it results in bfp. We’re thinking to try another cycle in the summer. It’s hard to wait but I really want to make sure I make the right decision this time. Thanks, I hope you have a great pregnancy!

I go to prc in torrance with dr salem, I recommend him and his clinic the staff has been great and he gets down to business. He’s not the most social but I wasn’t looking for a friend, I was looking for a professional doctor who could help us get pregnant.

[quote=LadyLuck]bbe - I don’t know if Beverly Hills is too far but I highly recommend Southern CA Reproductive Center. If you go to the Sart website, you’ll see that they have some of the highest success rates around. They are pretty big so if you are looking for a place where everyone knows your name and remembers personal details about you, this is not the place. However, they run an extremely tight ship and they have you in and out. I found that my morning (usually there between 7:45am and 8:00am) appts. only took 10 minutes for both bloodwork and ultrasound. In fact, I would get to work early on these days because my appts. were so fast.

I am with Dr. Surrey who is professional and nice but I have barely had any contact with him. I already knew this and chose to go with him anyway since he had such a great reputation. He did my Hystersonogram, my egg retrieval, transfer, and then I will see him for my first ultrasound. Other than that, I have been dealing with his nurses. He is a man of few words but I expected that.

There are 3 other RE’s there as well and my acupuncturist highly recommends Dr. Wendy Chang. I recommend Dr. Surrey as well but you will not have much contact with him. [/quote]

I’ve heard good things about Surrey’s clinic. He’s the brother of the Dr. Surrey at CCRM, by the way. Never met either Dr. Surrey, but I have read some of their work.

I met Wendy Chang, and she impressed me. Bright, open-minded, pleasant, and knowledgeable.

Coastal Fertility - Dr Werlin is great!

I go to Dr. I Lane Wong in Irvine. He’s terrific! Two of my closest friends went there after having no success at other so cal clinics and both became pregnant. They also have friends they referred who were also successful with Dr. Wong.

Here’s his website: HOPE IVF & Fertility Center

I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have. Good luck! Michelle

[QUOTE=bbe]Hi,

Do any of you socal girls have recommendations for clinics? I just finished a cycle at HRC in Laguna Hills with Dr. Frederick and I’m not interested in going back there. While her bedside manner is great, I feel like she’s more interested in money than success. I won’t be doing a cycle for awhile, but I’d love some suggestions. Thanks![/QUOTE]

He certainly looks like a genius.

Thanks for all the info! Has anyone tried Dr. Zarandy at PRC?

[QUOTE=“Hope_Faith, post: 1144721, member: 55799”]Coastal Fertility - Dr Werlin is great![/QUOTE]
His website can be found here http://www.coastalfertility.com/