Clomid 100mg, Ovidrel for Unexplained Infertility

Hi! I am new to this and wondering if anyone else has had success with Clomid and Ovidrel.

A little background. I conceived naturally after 4 months of trying with my first. My son is now two. It’s now been 6 months of trying with no luck so I started my first round of treatment last month, which did not work (I just had my period). Here are the details:

Me 35: Unexplained infertility-all tests came back normal
Husband 39: Normal

Round 1:
Clomid 100mg Days 4-8
Day 10: Ultrasound (2 20mm follicles), Ovidrel shot at 9pm. Intercourse that night.
Day 12: IUI at 11am (washed sperm count low 6 million but doc said was ok?)
Day 25: spotting
CD 1: spotting (AF was 1.5 days…dr said it was ok??)
CD 3: Ultrasound with FSH-everything normal

Starting Clomid again tomorrow.

Has anyone had success with 100mg of Clomid and Ovidrel trigger shot?

[quote=BabyMama01]Hi! I am new to this and wondering if anyone else has had success with Clomid and Ovidrel.

A little background. I conceived naturally after 4 months of trying with my first. My son is now two. It’s now been 6 months of trying with no luck so I started my first round of treatment last month, which did not work (I just had my period). Here are the details:

Me 35: Unexplained infertility-all tests came back normal
Husband 39: Normal

Round 1:
Clomid 100mg Days 4-8
Day 10: Ultrasound (2 20mm follicles), Ovidrel shot at 9pm. Intercourse that night.
Day 12: IUI at 11am (washed sperm count low 6 million but doc said was ok?)
Day 25: spotting
CD 1: spotting (AF was 1.5 days…dr said it was ok??)
CD 3: Ultrasound with FSH-everything normal

Starting Clomid again tomorrow.

Has anyone had success with 100mg of Clomid and Ovidrel trigger shot?[/quote]

I did the exact same as you and it did work for me on the 4th try. Our only issue was my low AMH.

[QUOTE=erinraye517]I did the exact same as you and it did work for me on the 4th try. Our only issue was my low AMH.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations and thank you very much! I appreciate your positive story. I guess I need to be patient and think positive!

4th round of clomid

I am feeling pretty frustrated. I am on my fourth round of Clomid. Went in earlier this month and my doctor said I had five developed follicles. They told me to skip intercourse because I would have a high chance of having multiples. Well, I didn’t listen to them because I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 and a half years and have been on Clomid before with no results, so I figured what could it hurt? Getting pregnant with even one would be a miracle. I just took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I could be a little early taking the test, I just have a feeling I am not pregnant. How does one not get pregnant with that many developed follicles? I am so frustrated. I’ve gone through pretty much every test in the book. The only thing I can think of is that I am not catching my ovulation phase (I couldn’t detect it with a home test this month, but with every blood test i’ve ever taken, i’ve ovulated) or there aren’t actually any eggs inside these developed follicles. I am also wondering if maybe my husband’s sperm isn’t reaching the eggs and If I should try and IUI? Can anyone share a story similar to mine or give any advice? I am 27, healthy, don’t smoke, drink, etc. I am beyond frustrated at this point!!! :af: :grr:

4th round of clomid

I am feeling pretty frustrated. I am on my fourth round of Clomid. Went in earlier this month and my doctor said I had five developed follicles. They told me to skip intercourse because I would have a high chance of having multiples. Well, I didn’t listen to them because I have been trying to get pregnant for 2 and a half years and have been on Clomid before with no results, so I figured what could it hurt? Getting pregnant with even one would be a miracle. I just took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I could be a little early taking the test, but I just have a feeling I am not pregnant. How does one not get pregnant with that many developed follicles? I am so frustrated. I’ve gone through pretty much every test in the book. The only thing I can think of is that I am not catching my ovulation phase (I couldn’t detect it with a home test this month, but with every blood test i’ve ever taken, i’ve ovulated) or there aren’t actually any eggs inside these developed follicles. I am also wondering if maybe my husband’s sperm isn’t reaching the eggs and If I should try and IUI? Can anyone share a story similar to mine or give any advice? I am 27, healthy, don’t smoke, drink, etc. I am beyond frustrated at this point!!! :af: :grr: