Clomid CD3-7 vs. CD 5-9?

I’ve been seeing alot of differences between CD’s in which we are taking Clomid. Why do some take it on CD3-7 and others CD5-9 (like myself). I’m wondering if there is an advantage to one over the other

Clomid CD’s

I didn’t know there were different days I though everyone would take it the same days. I took it from CD6-10 then an injection on CD 12 then IUI on CD 14. Waiting to see if it worked.

I’ve been wondering this, too. I am also on 5-9. Currently assuming it is simply the doctor’s preference, as at my doctor’s office the nurse told me it’s always 5-9 and ultrasound on 12.

Clomid days 3-7 targets quantity
Clomid days 5-9 targets quality

cycles 3-7 make better quality but less and 5-9 makes more but not as good quality,

The earlier in your cycle that you take it (days 3-7) the more follies you make but the less mature they may be. Days 5-9 will produce fewer follies (maybe only 1) but they will be nice and strong like 20 or 22mm most of the time.

3-7 encourages the development of multiple follicles and days 5-9 encourages the development of a more mature follicle.

Hope this helps…

Good Luck… :paw:

[quote=SlyFoxy]cycles 3-7 make better quality but less and 5-9 makes more but not as good quality,

The earlier in your cycle that you take it (days 3-7) the more follies you make but the less mature they may be. Days 5-9 will produce fewer follies (maybe only 1) but they will be nice and strong like 20 or 22mm most of the time.

3-7 encourages the development of multiple follicles and days 5-9 encourages the development of a more mature follicle.

Hope this helps…

Good Luck… :paw:[/quote]

This makes perfect sense! Thank you for explaining to me! :thankyou:

Hi
First time posting here. My RE told me the same thing about quality and quantity, and also that earlier u take the Clomid, the less it thins out your lining. I now see a regular OB and am on Clomid again and I tk it 5-9. My lining last cycle was fine at 11.5.

WOW! didn’t know that! Great info and good to know!!! thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving to ALL!!! :grouphug:

:babydust: :cheer: :babydust: