Clomid confusion

Hi,

I’m writing after reading posts on these boards over the past year or so… I’m at a complete loss. We have two children who were both conceived naturally (2 year old and almost 5 year old boys) and have been trying to conceive naturally for over a year now.

After one miscarriage last January, we went to see an RE. At first the assumption was that I needed help with progesterone for LPD, which I did but that didn’t work. Then they finally did an SA on my husband and it turns out that his count is great but motility is at 13%! I’m totally shocked, because of the first two kiddos!

My RE has put me on clomid (100mg) to see if that helps, but if his boys aren’t swimming well, does that even make sense? She said to try a few cycles and then we’d talk about IUI.

Has anyone heard of putting the woman on clomid (who already ovulates!) because the man has motility issues? I’m afraid of exposing myself to chemicals for no possible positive outcome. And also a little terrified of having a gazillion eggs incase a few of the lazy dudes make it up there…

Any words of wisdom are much appreciated!!

Thanks.

I ovulate normally and all my tests came back normal, our apparent issue is also motility. My husbands motility is like 5% so they gave me clomid before we did IUI. just to give the sperm and extra egg to swim towards. At the time of the IUI I had two follicles ready. Still have to wait 7 more days to find out if it worked.

If you’ve not got your DH too change his diet it maybe a good idea too. As at times a diet change can improve a man swimmers…

Make sure your DH don’t take HOT SHOWERS keep his twins cool. Change his diet, drink more water less sodas or beers… Stop smoking, eat healthier foods, no fake sugars, and get him taking a different vitamins to help.

My DH takes what we call a vitamin cocktail an it has helped improve his motility of the swimmers an helped with the shapes too.

Oneaday for men
Vitamin C-1000 with Rose Hips 2x a day
1000 mg fishoil with Co-Enzyme Q-10 30 Mg 2x a day.
Acetyl L-Carnitine 250mg 2x a day.
Alpha Lipoci Acid 100mg
L-Carnitine 500mg 2 x a day
L-Arginine 500mg 1x a day
Eat fresh oranges everyday too.

If need to know why these are important for his swimmers I will post it… His swimmers maybe missing something an if so they will not do their job…

You may think it a good tip or may think it’s crazy. But it works. Also as a man gets older his swimmers can change too or other issues can come up. Like years ago my DH count was over 200million & we got pregnant the old fashion way that was years ago but now they’re not that high due too age & another issue so he had to go an get help. Which is working now. He takes 25mg Clomid too help his swimmers alone with diet an v-cocktail.

Good Luck…

My husband has very low motility as well, our RE put me on clomid for IUI. He said the chances of multiple babies only goes up about 8% so not a huge difference.

About putting you on clomid… From what I know and have been told, Clomid thickens your cervical mucus. So if your DH has ‘lazy swimmers’ just putting you on clomid seems like a waste of time. Clomid is only going to make it that much harder for them to reach their goal.
Lots of baby dust to you!

If your CM is thick drink more water, take some Robitussin or drink grape fruit juice too help thin the CM…

Too the other lady----> has your DH taking any vitamins to help his swimmers?

My DH used to have trouble with his swimmers at only been at 35% now his swimmers are at 55% or better.

Thanks!

Thank you for your replies!

The suggestion about vitamins is a good one- we’re going to try that. He’s on one a day / men now, but I’m going to get him to start Fertilpro as well which is what my RE recommended.

His diet is already pretty good WITH THE EXCEPTION that he drinks WAY too much coffee! So I’ve insisted that he cut down. Because I’ve heard that makes a difference.

It just seems strange that two years can make such a difference…

I appreciate your advice!

???

What did he do to help???

[quote=SlyFoxy]If your CM is thick drink more water, take some Robitussin or drink grape fruit juice too help thin the CM…

Too the other lady----> has your DH taking any vitamins to help his swimmers?

My DH used to have trouble with his swimmers at only been at 35% now his swimmers are at 55% or better.[/quote]

If wanting to know how did he improve his motility he took the vitamin cocktail an they helped improved them. Lots of the vitamins that is for sell don’t have all the stuff as what my DH vitamins has in it. So I guess my DH sperm was missing something.

Plus my DH drinked even more water an eat lots of fresh oranges.