Clomid Confusion

Hello all,

I recently finished a day 5-9 clomid challenge test. I think I ovulated on day 15 or 16, and around that time I had a lot of discomfort in both lower portions of my pelvis–I could only assume this was the development of follicles–I had never had this kind of pain before.

Now for the past few days I have been having the type of pain I usually have before or after my period. This would include lower mid-line uterine cramping, and feeling bloated and like a tight band wraps around my lower belly onto my back. I am currently on day 19, and this probably started on day 17. I have endo but usually don’t get mid cycle uterine cramping. I have also been having (tmi) a brown d/c.

Does this sound familiar to anyone who has taken clomid? If clomid aggravates my endo, I’m not sure I can handle more cycles of it. I have lots of endo questions too that I will post in a different thread.

Thanks

Cookie :nerd:

[QUOTE=cookie3]Hello all,

I recently finished a day 5-9 clomid challenge test. I think I ovulated on day 15 or 16, and around that time I had a lot of discomfort in both lower portions of my pelvis–I could only assume this was the development of follicles–I had never had this kind of pain before.

Now for the past few days I have been having the type of pain I usually have before or after my period. This would include lower mid-line uterine cramping, and feeling bloated and like a tight band wraps around my lower belly onto my back. I am currently on day 19, and this probably started on day 17. I have endo but usually don’t get mid cycle uterine cramping. I have also been having (tmi) a brown d/c.

Does this sound familiar to anyone who has taken clomid? If clomid aggravates my endo, I’m not sure I can handle more cycles of it. I have lots of endo questions too that I will post in a different thread.

Thanks

Cookie :nerd:[/QUOTE]

Well I can’t help you too much but I did have the O pain that lasted a few days and the major bloating on my first clomid cycle. Are you going to get your progesterone checked because it sounds like it MAY be low considering the spotting already. I had brown spotting but it began around 12 dpo for me last cycle. Hope this helps you some

clomid update

[quote=PrayingInTexas] Are you going to get your progesterone checked because it sounds like it MAY be low considering the spotting already. I had brown spotting but it began around 12 dpo for me last cycle. Hope this helps you some

Thank you. So now I’m a week post O and this weekend I started having really bad uterine and ovarian pain on both sides. I ended up missing work today and went to see my gyn; she did an exam and everything was normal except she thought I might have the start of a UTI (no symptoms). She basically just said “a lot of women feel crappy on clomid”…so I’m not sure if I will want to use it again. I can handle some discomfort (I have endo after all!!) but this pain was totally different and waking me up in my sleep and just [I]felt[/I] wrong. She didn’t do an u/s, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if I didn’t have a few cysts after this clomid. Ugh…she did draw a progesterone level today as well.

Cookie

Honestly, I just had my first clomid cycle (no positive OPK, and using DS so didn’t end up even with a chance for a 2ww) and I did feel more bloated and achy, but it’s really hard for me to separate that from the endo (stage 4). I had surgery in October to remove 4 endometriomas, and I still get twinges in my ovaries… so I’m not clear what’s clomid and what’s just my messed up body.

I start my second round of clomid tonight - maybe the experience will be different - but I wonder if what you’re experiencing really is just the endo…

How much clomid were you taking on cd 5-9? I did not experience any discomfort but each person reacts differently. My highest dosage was 100 mg cd 3-7 but had to be upped to injections for low/no response. As for the Endo, I had stage 4 endo removed and my RE suggested the surgery before attempting IUI. Glad I had the surgery bc I’m now living pain free! In the past, before surgery I would miss work on cd 2/3 due to severe cramps.

[QUOTE=cookie3]Hello all,

Thanks

Cookie :nerd:[/QUOTE]
I also never have cramping before my period is here, and with clomid I am learning that I do. My first month I had soo much cramping the week before my period.
I also find that week before is when I have the worst emotional issues.