Clomid over 40 and if you ovulate on own?

Clomid over 40 and if you ovulate on own? New to me RE is saying try clomid w/minimal follistim for 2 IUI’s before IVF…already failed 3 iui’s w/only follistim & 1 iui only follistem- got preg. but m/c w iui…no clomid ever yet…-do you take it if you ovulate on own? and over 40? thanks :slight_smile:

I have done Clomid with IUI and got pregnant on the 3rd try but had a miscarriage. I have always ovulated on my own. However, sometimes I still have done the trigger shot because of follicle size and not wanting to miss ovulation. After a bunch of chemicals through IVF, I have gone back to IUI’s. We are using Femara this time though as it supposedly is better for the lining. Clomid can thin the lining.

[QUOTE=season2try]Clomid over 40 and if you ovulate on own? New to me RE is saying try clomid w/minimal follistim for 2 IUI’s before IVF…already failed 3 iui’s w/only follistim & 1 iui only follistem- got preg. but m/c w iui…no clomid ever yet…-do you take it if you ovulate on own? and over 40? thanks :)[/QUOTE]
I currently am on clomid and I do ovulate on my own as well. I just spoke to my RE about it, and he said the clomid is taken to control the cycle since IUI timing has to be just right. I hope that helps and good luck!