Clomid side-effect question

I am so confused and I can’t figure out what my body is doing. I’m on my first ever clomid cycle and I took 50 mg on Days 4-8.

I started taking ovulation tests on Day 9 and I immediately got a positive. I got another positive on Day 10 and another one today on Day 11.

I could get over the confusing ovulation tests but now I’m bleeding. It’s more than spotting and bright red but not a real flow either. It’s only Day 11!

Is all this normal? What is going on?

[QUOTE=Verduranti]I am so confused and I can’t figure out what my body is doing. I’m on my first ever clomid cycle and I took 50 mg on Days 4-8.

I started taking ovulation tests on Day 9 and I immediately got a positive. I got another positive on Day 10 and another one today on Day 11.

I could get over the confusing ovulation tests but now I’m bleeding. It’s more than spotting and bright red but not a real flow either. It’s only Day 11!

Is all this normal? What is going on?[/QUOTE]

Are you sure your ovulations are positive? Are they the kind with 2 lines because they have to be as dark or darker than the control line. The bleeding is odd so I would call your RE

I suppose I could call my RE. I’m on vacation in a very crowded tiny lakeside cabin so there’s not like I can really do anything if I’m just going to randomly bleed all over the place.

They are the kinds with the two lines and the line was most definitely darker than the control line all three days. So weird!

[QUOTE=Verduranti]I suppose I could call my RE. I’m on vacation in a very crowded tiny lakeside cabin so there’s not like I can really do anything if I’m just going to randomly bleed all over the place.

They are the kinds with the two lines and the line was most definitely darker than the control line all three days. So weird![/QUOTE]

I’ve heard many say that on clomid opks are not reliable. But that has never been the case for me

[QUOTE=Verduranti]I am so confused and I can’t figure out what my body is doing. I’m on my first ever clomid cycle and I took 50 mg on Days 4-8.

Is all this normal? What is going on?[/QUOTE]

I was on three rounds of clomid and at higher doses than you are on currently. I had extreme cramps mood swings hot flashes and terrible heavy bleeding during Af. I never had the random bleeding that you are having. I would give your RE a call.

Hi everyone,

Want to ask can Clomid also make your AF late? I thought for most people it made their cycle shorter. I ask because I am waiting on AF to show up since all my poas test have been BFN.

Thanks, Dana

[QUOTE=LadyDanaDragon]Hi everyone,

Want to ask can Clomid also make your AF late? I thought for most people it made their cycle shorter. I ask because I am waiting on AF to show up since all my poas test have been BFN.

Thanks, Dana[/QUOTE]

Yes clomid extended my cycle every time! I was strictly 28 days before and 30-33 on clomid. I think I was lucky too because many say it extended their cycle much longer. Don’t be deceived… I was at first

So I e-mailed my RE’s office because I couldn’t find the stupid number. Anyway, the nurse who replied thinks that the bleeding is fine but she can’t figure out why the opks have gone wonky. I got another positive test today (4 days in a row!) I think I have to assume that they’re not predicting anything. That’s ok though, I’ll just keep having fun with the husband it’s all good. Whoo! Vacation!

Really though universe? Two periods in two weeks? grumbles

I had bleeding like you during my first round of Clomid. Not sure why. Maybe you got a bad batch of OPKs lol:). But like you said keep having fun with your DH:).

An update on my clomid issues. I only bled for two days but it sucked because I didn’t bring any supplies (I figured I was about as far from AF as it was possible to be.) I also finally stopped getting positive ovulation tests. 6 straight days of crazy dark lines and then they finally started fading. Maybe I actually did ovulate in there somewhere. Guess I will find out in 2 weeks.

[QUOTE=Borboleta;n2345179]I had bleeding like you during my first round of Clomid. Not sure why. Maybe you got a bad batch of OPKs lol:). But like you said keep having fun with your DH:).[/QUOTE]

Hmm I never had any side effects thankfully.