Clomid: Successful/Unsucessful

Hello everyone,

I just recently found this site, and want to say thank you all for sharing your personal stories. This has helped me more than any other research I have done.

I just recently finished my first round of clomid a few days ago. I was very excited when the Dr prescribed this to me. Started doing my research right away. I’ve know I have PCOS for about 18 years now. So I never thought it possible to have a child. Everything I read on Clomid showed great success rates… however… hopefully it is just me… but it seems like there hasn’t been great success with Clomid from what I read on here. Am I imagining this?

:pray: for :bfp:

Good Luck to All!!! :bsv: :bsv: :bsv:

Welcome!

I agree this site has been a wonderful source of inspiration and advice! I dont know where i would be without it.

I am currently on my 4th round of clomid. The frist 3 were not monitored at all, the last one was with an RE, which is so much better.

I am CD13 today, hoping for IUI in the coming days!

Good luck on your journey! and as you already know this is a great place to get advice and even vent some frustration!

Every person is different with clomid. Some people is works well for and some it doesn’t do anything. Some people it just takes time and several rounds like myself. I just encourage people to stay positive about things even tho I know how frustrating trying to conceive can be. Staying calm and relaxed is way better for your body when your trying to conceive :slight_smile: I had to do several rounds of clomid before I got my :bfp:. I just gave birth to my beautiful clomid baby girl 3 weeks ago! I wish you the best of luck! Sending you lots of :bsv: and :babydust:!

clomid is often the first form of treatment people receive for infertility, and it is often before they are feeling too desperate and frustrated by infertility. often it’s OBs prescribing it, not REs. so many of those people for whom clomid works may not have reached out to a site like this one, which may be why it seems like there are more people here that didn’t have success with clomid.

also clomid has side effects that make a lot of docs stop prescribing it after 4-6 cycles, whether or not it works to make you ovulate.

it didn’t work for me, but i had a doc who saw that and didn’t keep me going for too many cycles. she switched me to fsh injections, and we had success with those.

wishing you all the best in discovering what is right for you! hope it isn’t too frustrating a process for you!

@Babylove… CONGRATS!!!:cheer:

Thank you all for listening. :thankyou:

I haven’t been to frustrated over this. I know it is in God’s hands ultimately. Though I do have my moments of weakness. I have to say my husband has been awesome through this whole process. I have noticed slight mood swings since 4-5 days after the last clomid pill. Not sure if that is normal or not. Everything I have read about it says emotional craziness while taking it.

:cheer: :gsv: :cheer:

[QUOTE=KEGuttery]@Babylove… CONGRATS!!!:cheer:

Thank you all for listening. :thankyou:

I haven’t been to frustrated over this. I know it is in God’s hands ultimately. Though I do have my moments of weakness. I have to say my husband has been awesome through this whole process. I have noticed slight mood swings since 4-5 days after the last clomid pill. Not sure if that is normal or not. Everything I have read about it says emotional craziness while taking it.

:cheer: :gsv: :cheer:[/QUOTE]
Thank you! Its was a long journey but oh so worth it :slight_smile: Clomid can definitely make u moody or emotional. I was very moody. My hubby hated it. Are you taking it in the evenings? I found that my body handled clomid a little better if I took it then. Good luck. Sending you lots of :babydust: and :bsv: :cheer:

I took mine first thing in the morning this last time. I did fine while taking it. It was after I finished it. I may try evenings next time.
Feeling really bloated tonight and some pain on my left side. Hopefully this is a good sign. :pray:

I think it depends on the person cause it worked great for me. It was the only thing that worked.

Clomid worked for me on the 4th round. I was actually pregnant with twins starting out, but I now have one healthy baby boy on the way. I know quite a few people in my personal life that have had success with Clomid. I think on this site, there is just such a wide range of fertility issues, that it’s hard to gage what has and hasn’t been successful for people.

Good luck!

I am a little late in responding to this. For us personally - Clomid worked. I was put on 4 cycles and fell pregnant on our 3rd cycle. But I think it’s different from person to person.

For me, I was fortunate enough to ovulate each cycle that I was on clomid.

Don’t feel defeated, it took us TWO years to get pregnant again, hang in there. It will happen =) Good luck!