Clomid Therapy

Dear All,
i am new to this Forum. We are planning for Baby since 1 Year and we approched fertility doctor. Doctor said like My wife is ovulating ( period duration is 40 Days) & She is Healthy and our doctor Prescribed us for Clomid Treatment. Basically as i Understood correctly Clomid Therapy is applicable for Women who is not Ovulating or Irregular Ovulation. But my wife is ovulating regularly although the period is quiet Long( Avg 40 Days). Kindly provide me your Inputs . Is there any revesre Effects on adopting to Clomoid Treatment. Please let me know. Thanks in Advance

Clomid is most successful as the first line of treatment for women who experience irregular or absent menstrual cycles. Clomid can also be used for women who ovulate normally, but who have otherwise unexplained infertility. Clomid treatment generally results in a 10 percent pregnancy rate per cycle, even when combined with intrauterine insemination (IUI). Women who do not ovulate due to low body weight or hypothalamic amenorrhea(when menstruation stops for several months) rarely respond to Clomid. If you are having problems with ovulation, Clomid offers you an 80 percent chance of ovulating, usually within the first three months. Due to this ovulation boost, most women have a 50 percent chance of getting pregnant within the first six months after starting Clomid. Clomid may be helpful if you are over 35, but only if you still have an ample egg supply. If you are over 35 and your egg supply is low or dwindling, Clomid may not help you get pregnant. Weight If you are overweight or underweight, Clomid may be less likely to help you get pregnant. Before you try to get pregnant with Clomid, make efforts to get to a healthy weight. Ask your doctor about a safe weight-loss plan that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise

Clomid is most successful as the first line of treatment for women who experience irregular or absent menstrual cycles. Clomid can also be used for women who ovulate normally, but who have otherwise unexplained infertility. Clomid treatment generally results in a 10 percent pregnancy rate per cycle, even when combined with intrauterine insemination (IUI). Women who do not ovulate due to low body weight or hypothalamic amenorrhea(when menstruation stops for several months) rarely respond to Clomid. If you are having problems with ovulation, Clomid offers you an 80 percent chance of ovulating, usually within the first three months. Due to this ovulation boost, most women have a 50 percent chance of getting pregnant within the first six months after starting Clomid. Clomid may be helpful if you are over 35, but only if you still have an ample egg supply. If you are over 35 and your egg supply is low or dwindling, Clomid may not help you get pregnant. Weight If you are overweight or underweight, Clomid may be less likely to help you get pregnant. Before you try to get pregnant with Clomid, make efforts to get to a healthy weight. Ask your doctor about a safe weight-loss plan that includes a healthy diet and regular exercise. You can get more information on Bio tex clinic.