CNY Fertility Ladies

I’m starting my new cycle with CNY Fertility next month and was wondering on how you feel about the clinic etc.

Thanks in advance.

Which office are you going to? I went to the one in Latham (outside Albany) and LOVED it. Everyone was so nice there, Dr. Grossman was awesome and the nurses really put me at ease. Good luck!

Syracuse is the one we are going to… I’m so nervous because it’s out of town and it’s a big hike to get there. I’m praying for success. They have been super nice so far. The only weird thing was that I was told to order my meds a month in advance to ensure that I have them for the cycle. I guess it makes sense but I was a bit shocked.

Hello, nice to meet u. I’m currently going thru my 1st IVF with Dr.kiltz in the Syracuse center. I’m out of town too, so never actually been at CNY yet but had phone consult and started meds, I’m on Lupron right now and tomorrow will be my first ultrasound and bloodwork for the cycle. Can’t wait to hear more ladies about the center. And have u personally met Dr.Kiltz or any of the staff?. I work with nda( she is the out of town nurse for CNY and she is awesome. I’m on my 1st IVF and trying for 1st child. I’m so excited.sending u a lot of positive thoughts and babydust.:babydust: :babydust:

I haven’t met anyone from there. Linda is awesome. She sent me a calendar so I have a rough draft of what my schedule looks like. Lori the financial coordinator is awesome too. We are both on the same wavelength (1st Ivf, 1st Child (biologically for me, as I have a step-daughter). Let me know how you experience goes as for being out of town, I would love to know what I can expect. How are far are you traveling. We have a 7 hour drive to get there!

Lots of :babydust:baby dust:babydust: and :bsv: to you. I hope to see a :bfp: from you very soon. :slight_smile:

Good luck to both of you and I hope you have a great experience like I did.

Eleven transfers at CNY (not including IUIs) and no success! I would not recommend them, but that is my opinion. The whole “just keep trying and the universe will help you, blah blah blah” stuff was not helpful. I spent A LOT of money with them. I am now 41 and will not have kids. Thanks a lot CNY! Again, just my experience (but I know I am not the only one). Good luck!

Snagel412 I am sorry you had a bad experience. I have nothing but good things to say about them. Dr. Kiltz and Dr. Greene have been wonderful. On the day of my retrieval in June when they went to do the aspiration there was no sperm. Dr. Kiltz’s staffed stayed late and did an emergency biopsy and were able to find sperm. I have a 3 year old son thanks to him and we are trying for number 2 now. My sister was blessed with my beautiful niece thanks to Dr. K also.

Please check out his private Facebook page you will find many ladies who love this practice.

I went to The Lathem office as an out of town patient and finally had a successful cycle there after 2 failed cycles at a well know Fertility Center in NYC. I loved the staff and Dr. Grossman was absolutely wonderful.

My sweetie is 2 now and I’ve had 2 phone consultations with Dr. Grossman planning my next cycle.

Good luck and baby dust,:babydust:

Karmci, good luck on your next cycle! I LOVED Dr. Grossman, too. Nicest man, very calm and straightforward. From what I’ve read on Dr. Kiltz, Dr. Grossman is much more, uhm, “down-to-earth” (probably not the best way to say it, Dr. Kiltz seems more about positive thinking and stuff, Dr. Grossman seems more into the science of it).

JediBonas - Thank you so much. I hope so as well.

snagel412- wow really. That sucks. I’ve seen a lot of mixed reviews about them.

kristyn78-he sounds like an awesome Dr. when I spoke with him (Dr. K) during my consult (via skype/phone) he was really optimistic considering my situation along with my age. I was concerned about him requesting another HSG. But he said he wouldn’t dare put me through another painful experience like that again. My prayers are going up for a successful cycle this July/June

karmci- 1st Good Luck on you next cycle and secondly as an out of town patient how was the process. Thanks.

Also a CNY Lady

I’ve had five failed IUIs with CNY and failed my first IVF with them early this month. I would recommend them with the caveat being that you [B]must[/B] stay on top of things and advocate - strongly - for yourself. In my year of cycling, things have gotten missed, mistakes have been made, etc. They haven’t been great enough that I’ve chosen to go elsewhere, but they have been great enough to teach me the important lesson of knowing everything I can about testing, expected findings on monitoring/labs/etc, asking questions, STRONGLY advocating for what I felt was right, etc. I also would pick a nurse and stick with that nurse if at all possible through your monitoring. Best wishes to you.

For those in the Albany/Latham office – anyone looking to make a friend going through the same? I’ve kept the whole thing under wraps and been pretty private, but this failure knocked the wind out of me and I’m learning that a little support goes a long way.

So much for the hcg drops

I am using donor eggs at cnyfertility in Syracuse. I like it much better than the clinic in SC that I used this spring, and considering the prices I am not surprised that I need to be persistent to get attention. Dr. Kiltz said he does something like 2000 transfers a year. I was surprised that my transfer was much shorter and less involved than acupuncture, but I don’t think an operating room makes a difference. I was also surprised when I realized 5 minutes after transfer that my hcg bottle was in my purse. Hcg support seems logical for someone like me whose body has never encountered it, but apparently they discontinued it abruptly. I might ask again if I do a FET.

[B]LCH4281[/B] - Thanks, and good luck to you too.

I hope to start my next cycle in 3 months, I have to work around my employment and schedule a possible pregnancy (ha!).

The process was easier than I thought it would be. I spoke to the out of town coordinator everyday about my progress and of course dosage instructions. She was easy to talk to and patiently went over the details about my cycle ( I wanted to know all my numbers). Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns :slight_smile:

[B]grrrumplestilskin[/B]- So sorry about your failed cycle. You have to be your own advocate with any RE. The first RE i went to made me feel like I didn’t matter. I was just another infertile patient. If I didn’t ask,
I wasn’t told.

when will you do another cycle? This board has helped me thru 2 failed cycles and lots and lots of tearful nights.

[B]JediBonas[/B] - I have never felt more comfortable with any doctor as I do with Dr. Grossman. He is so wonderful. I ended up with a bad case of OHSS and was hospitalized and he called me several times and spoke with the doc treating me at the hospital, who also mentioned what a great guy he was. (my OHSS came out of no where. on paper my E2 was great and gave no indication that i would hyperstimulate so i wouldn’t blame it on not being monitored well)

The hcg drops couldn’t have hurt

Negative beta today. I am beginning to wonder about hcg support.

karmci- Thanks I will be seeing them soon. Linda’s the Out of Town Nurse and she’s been awesome, she responded back quickly to all of my questions.

Martacarolina- I’m sorry about your negative beta. :grouphug: If you don’t mind me asking what’s HCG support? I know they have me taking Estrace and Crinone (progrestone) after the ER/ET to help the little embryo stick.

grrrumplestilskin - sorry about your recent failed cycle, I’m going to take your advice for sure and strongly voice my opinion and what I believes is right and will work for my body.

Hcg mystery

[QUOTE=LCH4281]karmci- Thanks I will be seeing them soon. Linda’s the Out of Town Nurse and she’s been awesome, she responded back quickly to all of my questions.

Martacarolina- I’m sorry about your negative beta. :grouphug: If you don’t mind me asking what’s HCG support? I know they have me taking Estrace and Crinone (progrestone) after the ER/ET to help the little embryo stick.

[I]I have been trying to figure that out. They were using a few drops in the uterus to help implantation last month, but it took so long for me to begin that they discontinued it after I bought the expensive vial.[/I]

grrrumplestilskin - sorry about your recent failed cycle, I’m going to take your advice for sure and strongly voice my opinion and what I believes is right and will work for my body.[/QUOTE]

I]I have been trying to figure that out. They were using a few drops in the uterus to help implantation last month, but it took so long for me to begin that they discontinued it after I bought the expensive vial.[/I]

Boston vs. Syracuse

[QUOTE=snagel412]Eleven transfers at CNY (not including IUIs) and no success! I would not recommend them, but that is my opinion. The whole “just keep trying and the universe will help you, blah blah blah” stuff was not helpful. I spent A LOT of money with them. I am now 41 and will not have kids. Thanks a lot CNY! Again, just my experience (but I know I am not the only one). Good luck![/QUOTE]

I can’t imagine how badly this all sucks for you. I am sorry. I have had 2 failed donor egg procedures so far, one at cny and the first in South Carolina. If you don’t mind, I was wondering how much of a difference you noticed between Boston and CNY. I noticed a lot less medical precaution (I.e. no sterile ER, ultrasound guidance, blood work, prednisone, antibiotic, or even nurse present for transfer) at CNY. They forgot they had asked me to bring hcg drops, and so did I until right after. I was wondering how Kiltz even knew for sure the embryos went in. They have much lower success rates than Boston, and it’s hard to believe that’s from their open door policy. Maybe that’s “the fertile secret.”

That is CRAZY! I don’t know if it’s changed since my IVF (2011) or the office I went to (Latham), but I most definitely had a sterile ER, ultrasound guidance, bloodwork, pred, etc. when I did my IVF at CNY. Also I had a nurse at both ER and ET (I think I had two at ET, actually). It’s sad to hear they seem to be dropping the ball.

These reviews are concerning me just a little especially with my cycle being a few weeks away. I’m going to the Syracuse office and they seem to be very helpful. I have the out of town coordinator helping me with EVERYTHING. She’s been in constant contact with me since paying the fee, I’m :pray: for success.