Conceptions Reproductive Associates of Colorado

Hey all I have been searching for a thread on Conceptions Repro. Assoc. of CO. (haven’t found any) Conceptions of Colorado - Fertility Clinic - IVF Clinic

Are there any on here?? I want to see what people are saying about them vs CCRM.

Also anyone familiar with this web site? Best IVF Clinics In United States For Women 35-37

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :slight_smile:

bump to top :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Onesassygirl_6]Hey all I have been searching for a thread on Conceptions Repro. Assoc. of CO. (haven’t found any) Conceptions of Colorado - Fertility Clinic - IVF Clinic

Are there any on here?? I want to see what people are saying about them vs CCRM.

Also anyone familiar with this web site? Best IVF Clinics In United States For Women 35-37

Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)[/QUOTE]

Is this something that hasn’t been explored amongst the community?

[QUOTE=Onesassygirl_6]Is this something that hasn’t been explored amongst the community?[/QUOTE]

I would look up their SART statistics and watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIsa2EJtMj0&feature=player_embedded

Some clinics take on less “challenging” patients/cases and so their statistics may be falsely inflated whereas some clinics take on all patients, older patients, more challenging cases which means that their results may not be as good “looking” but it’s because they are dealing with much more challenging cases of infertility. (If that makes sense.)

YouTube Success Rates Video

I feel compelled to mention that YouTube video on success rates was produced by the Center For Human Reproduction in New York.

This clinic does not report their live birth rate on their web site or to SART. According to the preliminary 2011 CDC data, they only attempted 33 fresh embryo cycles for women under 35 resulting in an live birth rate of 28.6.

This makes them one of the worst clinics in the entire state of New York.

By way of contrast, in 2011, RMA of New York performed 473 cycles in the same geographic area, within the same age group and achieved a 49.9% success rate.

Feel free to check this for your self here:

http://www.cdc.gov/art/ExcelFiles/Clinic_Tables_Data_2011.xls

Yes, some clinics hand pick their patients to improve their success rates.

However, this video seeks to trivialize an important component of an informed treatment making decision in a way that is disingenuous at best.

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Onesassygirl_6 - Thanks for starting this thread. Are you trying to decide between Conceptions and CCRM? [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]I’m at Conceptions and start FET prep today. I had an US/blood this morning. If all levels good, I’ll start BCP tomorrow for 21 days. I may also have to do Lupron overlap for the last 5 days. Once my levels are good, RE will start frozen cycle day 1 with Estrace by mouth, PIO and minivelle/vivelle patches. Day 10 is a “trigger” shot to set the lining and then transfer on day16. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]I meet with Dr. Ambler next week to discuss transfer and PIO. I really do not want to do injections and want to see if they will let me do suppositories. I’ve read that suppositories are just as effective as injections. In the end I will do whatever is best for embryos but I don’t think the stress over daily injections is very good for me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Overall, I’m happy with Conceptions. There have been a couple of situations that have made me question if I should have gone to CCRM. I think their staff could be more professional and sensitive. For example, the embryologist told me on Day 5 that my embryos “weren’t good enough to make a baby.” I was crushed!!! I think he could have found a better, more sensitive way to deliever the news. Thankfully, both of the embryos improved on Day 6, were able to be tested and are normal. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]So excited for FET in June!!! [/FONT]

torn

[QUOTE=jilleebean][FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Onesassygirl_6 - Thanks for starting this thread. Are you trying to decide between Conceptions and CCRM? [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]I’m at Conceptions and start FET prep today. I had an US/blood this morning. If all levels good, I’ll start BCP tomorrow for 21 days. I may also have to do Lupron overlap for the last 5 days. Once my levels are good, RE will start frozen cycle day 1 with Estrace by mouth, PIO and minivelle/vivelle patches. Day 10 is a “trigger” shot to set the lining and then transfer on day16. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]I meet with Dr. Ambler next week to discuss transfer and PIO. I really do not want to do injections and want to see if they will let me do suppositories. I’ve read that suppositories are just as effective as injections. In the end I will do whatever is best for embryos but I don’t think the stress over daily injections is very good for me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]Overall, I’m happy with Conceptions. There have been a couple of situations that have made me question if I should have gone to CCRM. I think their staff could be more professional and sensitive. For example, the embryologist told me on Day 5 that my embryos “weren’t good enough to make a baby.” I was crushed!!! I think he could have found a better, more sensitive way to deliever the news. Thankfully, both of the embryos improved on Day 6, were able to be tested and are normal. [/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri","sans-serif]So excited for FET in June!!! [/FONT][/QUOTE]

WOW so much exciting going on for you :slight_smile: We are trying to decide to go to Conceptions, CCRM or adopt.

Every day my heart changes a little to what direction we are going. Today it is adopt, last week when I spoke to conceptions it was IVF.

I looked at the CDC and SART info and it is hard to make heads or tails of all this info. Who know’s where the best place is really? I have met a woman who went through CCRM, ovulated twice on her own and was rather disgusted with her experience there.

My experience wasn’t rock bottom but I can’t say I was overly impressed with it either. I mean people we are paying THOUSANDS of dollars here to be treated like cattle being pushed through to the next phase of the program. REALLY??? What happened to compassion for your patients? (OK rant over but really?)

So Jillybean message me please via private thinger on here. I would like to know how your process is going and how you liked everything. I have a few opinions but quite possibly shouldn’t put the out here.

Thanks for getting back to me :slight_smile: sending good baby vibes your way

Just wanted you to know, I would NOT go to Conceptions. I just finished my 3rd IVF cycle (1st with them), and all of my embryos arrested by day 3. I had NEVER had that experience prior. My acupuncturist said the same thing happened to her daughter - no embryos to transfer at Conceptions. I am now with CCRM. When speaking with my doctor there, he had NEVER heard of the protocol Dr. Bush had me on. If you do decide to go with Conceptions, do not use him. He’s arrogant and a jerk, and I’m really not hard to please. Good luck!

Embryo arrest

[QUOTE=RMAbaby]Just wanted you to know, I would NOT go to Conceptions. I just finished my 3rd IVF cycle (1st with them), and all of my embryos arrested by day 3. I had NEVER had that experience prior. My acupuncturist said the same thing happened to her daughter - no embryos to transfer at Conceptions. I am now with CCRM. When speaking with my doctor there, he had NEVER heard of the protocol Dr. Bush had me on. If you do decide to go with Conceptions, do not use him. He’s arrogant and a jerk, and I’m really not hard to please. Good luck![/QUOTE]

I went to a place in Kansas City where all (7) of my embryos arrested also. I don’t get it. Did anyone tell you you have poor egg quality?

Rmababy - why did you choose conceptions over ccrm?

Nope! As a matter of fact, I reached out to my first clinic to ask if she thought I had an egg quality issue. She said no, and that my eggs looked normal. She even spoke with the embryologist again who confirmed normal eggs. Dr. Bush was trying out a “new” protocol on me that my new RE had never even heard of. My initial RE thought the reason for my latest failure was the change in protocol.

As for why I chose Conceptions over CCRM? - $$$ Conceptions took my insurance, and while CCRM takes my insurance too, most of it (the lab) is out of network, and I have no out of network infertility coverage. Choosing Conceptions had NOTHING to do with thinking the doctor or clinic were better. After my failure there, I bit the bullet financially and am going to CCRM, who in my opinion is the best! I feel much more secure there.