Concern and fear

From the last month, I started feeling slight pain in my left breast (and toward middle of the ribs) and itchiness of the nipple. The pain started around day 3 of my period, but itchiness was from before, on and off. I am very much concerned because of all those hormonal therapies I have been exposed to. I will go for my ultrasound and MRI tomorrow. I do not have any other symptoms except that pain. Itchiness is gone. I checked those breast cancer forums and I found my symptoms there. I am very much concerned, first for my life and second, it would delay me and even prevent me from having kids.
Did anyone experience these symptoms but turned out to be fine?

[quote=cosmopolitan4112008]From the last month, I started feeling slight pain in my left breast (and toward middle of the ribs) and itchiness of the nipple. The pain started around day 3 of my period, but itchiness was from before, on and off. I am very much concerned because of all those hormonal therapies I have been exposed to. I will go for my ultrasound and MRI tomorrow. I do not have any other symptoms except that pain. Itchiness is gone. I checked those breast cancer forums and I found my symptoms there. I am very much concerned, first for my life and second, it would delay me and even prevent me from having kids.
Did anyone experience these symptoms but turned out to be fine?[/quote]

I’m sorry, I have no experience, but wanted to wish you luck. I hope it is nothing. :cross:

[QUOTE=maryevelyn]I’m sorry, I have no experience, but wanted to wish you luck. I hope it is nothing. :cross:[/QUOTE]

Thank you:) I wish you happy and easy pregnancy:)

Side effects of the fertility treatments are weird. Search for any symptom, it almost always matches with at least one of the symptoms of cancer.
Don’t worry and hope for the best. GL!!
Let us know how it goes.

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]From the last month, I started feeling slight pain in my left breast (and toward middle of the ribs) and itchiness of the nipple. The pain started around day 3 of my period, but itchiness was from before, on and off. I am very much concerned because of all those hormonal therapies I have been exposed to. I will go for my ultrasound and MRI tomorrow. I do not have any other symptoms except that pain. Itchiness is gone. I checked those breast cancer forums and I found my symptoms there. I am very much concerned, first for my life and second, it would delay me and even prevent me from having kids.
Did anyone experience these symptoms but turned out to be fine?[/QUOTE]

Do you have any nipple discharge? Do you have any redness around your nipple area or even an inverted nipple? Have you had a mamogram done yet or do you feel any lumps? Sorry so many questions but just trying to help if I can. From being in the medical field can can say your mri will be about an hour long and you should be on your belly. They are very noisey but it is a great tool for imaging the breast!

Let me know how you make out with your studies. It is best you have it looked at… Good luck!

[QUOTE=daisyduck]Side effects of the fertility treatments are weird. Search for any symptom, it almost always matches with at least one of the symptoms of cancer.
Don’t worry and hope for the best. GL!!
Let us know how it goes.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your encouraging message. I have to admit I am scared. If, God forbid, something is found, my biggest worry is my mum. She wasn’t happy with my ivfs, but what to do. I pray for the best. Will post the updates.

[QUOTE=kalika]Do you have any nipple discharge? Do you have any redness around your nipple area or even an inverted nipple? Have you had a mamogram done yet or do you feel any lumps? Sorry so many questions but just trying to help if I can. From being in the medical field can can say your mri will be about an hour long and you should be on your belly. They are very noisey but it is a great tool for imaging the breast!

Let me know how you make out with your studies. It is best you have it looked at… Good luck![/QUOTE]

Thank you a lot for trying to help. I don’t have any discharge. Nipples are a bit red, in my case naturally. No invertedness.i was checked a few sauys ago for the lumps manually by my gyn but she didn’t find anything. However, she did advise me to do the us just in case.in Dec, I had us and aldo another check-up with the mavhine that shows blsck light in case of something. Thank God, all was good, but we know this thing develops fast.i haven’t done mammography. I think mri would be better. I will post my updates, hopefully good ones.
A

update

Ultrasound:
Right breast is ok. Normal tissues and no masses
Left:all ok, but there is a mass below the alveola and it is benign. The radiologist thinks it’s a fibroid. I asked her how she knew it wasn’t a malignant lump.she told me from the shape and no shadow present. She says those cancerous lumps have distinctive characteristics. However, she did tell me to keep an eye on it. I asked her if there was need for MRI. She said no, but I went and did it just to rule out conditions like Paget breast cancer. The result is tomorrow. So, God willing, all will be fine.
My itchiness started again after those exams today, but no pain.

[quote=cosmopolitan4112008]Ultrasound:
Right breast is ok. Normal tissues and no masses
Left:all ok, but there is a mass below the alveola and it is benign. The radiologist thinks it’s a fibroid. I asked her how she knew it wasn’t a malignant lump.she told me from the shape and no shadow present. She says those cancerous lumps have distinctive characteristics. However, she did tell me to keep an eye on it. I asked her if there was need for MRI. She said no, but I went and did it just to rule out conditions like Paget breast cancer. The result is tomorrow. So, God willing, all will be fine.
My itchiness started again after those exams today, but no pain.[/quote]

great news!!! :clap:You must be so relieved!

I work in Pathology- the fact that you have no shadowing on u/s is great news. Cancer does create a certain shadowing below the mass. The MRI should rule out look for masses and calcifications. Most masses in your age group turn out to be a fibroadenoma, which is benign, however it is best to have it taken out when you can. In regards to itchiness, I’ve personally had that and it drove me bananas!! Hydrocortizone cream helped to take it away, so I recommend giving it a try. There are 100s of reasons for itchy nipple, and cancer is just one of them. Often it’s just hormones or an irritated duct.

[QUOTE=maryevelyn]great news!!! :clap:You must be so relieved![/QUOTE]
I am, but I just want ti see mri as well, to make sure nothing is hidden out there. Thank you a lot for following up:)

[QUOTE=luv4rachela]I work in Pathology- the fact that you have no shadowing on u/s is great news. Cancer does create a certain shadowing below the mass. The MRI should rule out look for masses and calcifications. Most masses in your age group turn out to be a fibroadenoma, which is benign, however it is best to have it taken out when you can. In regards to itchiness, I’ve personally had that and it drove me bananas!! Hydrocortizone cream helped to take it away, so I recommend giving it a try. There are 100s of reasons for itchy nipple, and cancer is just one of them. Often it’s just hormones or an irritated duct.[/QUOTE]

First, congratulations on your pregnancy. Im really happy for you because I did follow your previous trials.
In the us report, she also wrote “no calcification”…could have she really seen that on the us?
So, you would recommend to get the fibroid out? Is there a danger of becoming malicious?
As for the itchiness, im on baby oil now but if it persists, I will go for the cream that you have recommended.
Thank you a lot for the info provided.

Wish you an easy pregnancy:)

Great news!! Good that nothing serious came out!!
Ivf itself is not any less complicated and stresses like these to add up!!

In my experience, I see them removed, but I also have to remind myself, I work in a field that receives them for examination, so I’m probably a little biased. I did some reading tonight, and found that they are usually removed if they are growing, otherwise they do not need to be taken out. I wouldn’t do anything for now, but keep an eye on it and see if it does increase in size.
As for calcifications, they are best seen on the MRI or mammogram. They are often called microcalcs, since they can be very, very small. I imagine your Dr would look for it on a regular u/s, but it would be hard to see it unless it was abnormally large, or quite a few clustered together. Calcifications are sometimes found with cancer so that’s why they look for it. Here is a helpful article about fibroadenomas.
http://www.cancer.org/healthy/findcancerearly/womenshealth/non-cancerousbreastconditions/non-cancerous-breast-conditions-fibroadenomas

[QUOTE=daisyduck]Great news!! Good that nothing serious came out!!
Ivf itself is not any less complicated and stresses like these to add up!![/QUOTE]
Thabk you Daisy. I hope mri will be ok since it’s more reliable.

[QUOTE=luv4rachela]In my experience, I see them removed, but I also have to remind myself, I work in a field that receives them for examination, so I’m probably a little biased. I did some reading tonight, and found that they are usually removed if they are growing, otherwise they do not need to be taken out. I wouldn’t do anything for now, but keep an eye on it and see if it does increase in size.
As for calcifications, they are best seen on the MRI or mammogram. They are often called microcalcs, since they can be very, very small. I imagine your Dr would look for it on a regular u/s, but it would be hard to see it unless it was abnormally large, or quite a few clustered together. Calcifications are sometimes found with cancer so that’s why they look for it. Here is a helpful article about fibroadenomas.
http://www.cancer.org/healthy/findcancerearly/womenshealth/non-cancerousbreastconditions/non-cancerous-breast-conditions-fibroadenomas[/QUOTE]

Thank you for sending your time to get the additional information for me:)

How would a dr know whether it is a cyst or fibroad?
Also, those things, do they form as a response to the hormonal intake or they were already there but they grew because of estrogen and other hormones?
I was thinking about this yesterday. …I’m not done with the ivf and extra gonal f, menopur…how will they affect this fibroid?

I’ve got the mri results. The mass the us radiologist mentioned was described as a dense breast only. On the right breast, they found da 3mm cyst. They didn’t mention anything else to be wrong. No remark about calcification or whatsoever.

Yay!! Great news!

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]I’ve got the mri results. The mass the us radiologist mentioned was described as a dense breast only. On the right breast, they found da 3mm cyst. They didn’t mention anything else to be wrong. No remark about calcification or whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Great news!

Ladies, , thank you for the support. It meant a lot to me! May God give you good children!