Concerned with egg quality

After 9+ years TTC, and absolutely no BFP’s, I am REALLY worried about my egg quality. We are trying one more IUI before we move onto IVF, and with the costs of everything, I’m afraid we may be throwing our money away.

Even though DH does have low sperm count now, this has not always been the case. Our first 3 years of TTC, he had awesome sperm counts.

Any opinions?

I have a 25-27 day cycle usually. I typically always ovulate on cd13 or 14. My progesterone levels 7dpo are typically 12-15 unmedicated and 25+ medicated. But, for the past 10+ years, I’ve spotted after ovulation until AF comes. Sometimes it’s 3dpo, sometimes it’s 9dpo. It never fails, every month I spot!

Other recent tests have been:

cd3
FSH 8.5
LH 5.8
estrogen 160 (really high!)

cd10
FSH 4.7

I have been looking into some supplements, such as royal jelly & bee pollen in honey, inositol, wheatgrass, co q10, and l-arginine.

Anything I may be missing? No doctor of mine has ever been concerned with my spotting, but I can’t believe that it isn’t causing problems. I’ve been told I may have PCOS.

Thanks for any advice!

hmm, one would think spotting from 3dpo til AF would cause an issue. Spotting is the lining of the uterus where the embryo will implant shedding. Spotting also shows weak ovulation from what my old RE said. Are you on progesterone supp. after IUI? I know 25+ on medicated cycles is great, but something is wrong. I wouldn’t try any supp. from over the counter without talking to your RE. Sometimes adding them can hurt more than help. With an E2 of 160 at CD3, that indicates a cyst. Did you get checked for one? I’d say if your RE shows no concern in your spotting it might be time to get a 2nd opinion.

Goodluck!

missingmy#2 - Thanks for the reply! I have tried progesterone suppositories, cream, and prometrium. None of them seemed to help.

I did have a cyst the previous cycle before the estrogen test was done, but it was gone when I had a cd12 u/s. Hopefully that’s all it was! I didn’t think of that!

I will see my RE again next week. I will ask him about any supplements at that time. I don’t want to completely mess up my cycle.

Thanks!

Have you had tests to see if you have a blood clotting disorder (Factor 2, Factor 5 Lieden, MTHFR)? Those can cause implantaiton failure which leads to MC’s. It may be something to check out since it is a simple blood test and all you have to do is take blood thinners. My RE was hesitant to test me for it but I’m glad he did because I have Factor 2. It was worth the persistence.

I have not had that tested. I will look into that! Thanks!

Hi AJ, I would look into your high estrogen levels. That can impair your hormonal balance and the work of your ovaries. Diet, exercise and acupuncture could help, I think.

Hi,

I had spotting. Turns out I had uteran polyps. Had surgery to remove them and spotting stopped. Have you had a Sonohysterogram?

I agree if you RE is not concerned it may be time to get a second opinion.

Good luck.

Alicia

[quote=sunrisec]Hi,

I had spotting. Turns out I had uteran polyps. Had surgery to remove them and spotting stopped. Have you had a Sonohysterogram?

I agree if you RE is not concerned it may be time to get a second opinion.

Good luck.

Alicia[/quote]

Hi Alicia,

I have had a sonohysterogram. He didn’t see anything but a “slightly” heart-shaped uterus. The day I had it done, I told him I was spotting a little, and he says “Oh, good! That’ll make it easier to get the dye in.” Ugh.

I think I’m on my 5th RE’s opinion now…haha. I’ve been at this too long! I can guarantee I will demand that my spotting takes center stage before we fork over $20,000 for IVF. I’m tired of self-diagnosing.

Thanks!
AJ