Constant cramping after ET

Hi ladies, I transferred 2, day 3, embryos on Friday and have literally been cramping ever since. The day of the transfer I had very mild uterine cramps and twinges. The next day and today are full blown AF type cramps. I’m even a little swollen below my naval as if I’m going to start any minute. They seem to be worse just after sitting from walking around and more so in the evenings. Is cramping THIS early after a 3 day normal? It couldn’t be implantation. Could this be a sign my body is rejecting the embryos? I’ve had no bleeding and no other symptoms aside from fatigue, but I think that’s the PIO. Thanks in advance.

This is my first cycle so I don’t have any answers but just wanted to say I hope you feel better soon and I’ll be sending sticky vibes to you!

I had terrible cramping from transfer on into my first trimester. Mine was bad enough that I had to take tylenol (as I didn’t want to risk a stronger pain med), but I didn’t even have to do that with my usual AF so…

I think for the most part it can be fairly normal and for some of us seems to be a good sign since we got pregnant.
:cross: your lil one is snuggling in!! :babydust: :babydust:

I don’t know. I had very mild cramping and light pressure for the first three days after my 5dt but I do think that was implantation cramping since one of my blasts was already hatched and ready to go when they transferred.

Thanks, everyone! Ahhny, that makes me feel so much better!

I broke down and called the nurse at my RE’s office and she said it’s perfectly normal. She did ask me though if it was concentrated to one side and it somewhat is. I have the pinching in the middle and another set of pinching on the lower left side. She gave me a “hmmm…” on that one. I go in tomorrow for an E2 and progesterone check and plan to grill them a little more. I have a feeling she was thinking ectopic, which really has me freaked out now. Ugh, this 2WW has turned me into a crazy woman!

Charybdis, congrats on your BFP! And good luck with your cycle, Britt!

[quote=Leesha]Thanks, everyone! Ahhny, that makes me feel so much better!

I broke down and called the nurse at my RE’s office and she said it’s perfectly normal. She did ask me though if it was concentrated to one side and it somewhat is. I have the pinching in the middle and another set of pinching on the lower left side. She gave me a “hmmm…” on that one. I go in tomorrow for an E2 and progesterone check and plan to grill them a little more. I have a feeling she was thinking ectopic, which really has me freaked out now. Ugh, this 2WW has turned me into a crazy woman!

Charybdis, congrats on your BFP! And good luck with your cycle, Britt![/quote]Waaaaay too early to worry about ectopic. Even if it were, the embryo is still microscopic and you wouldn’t be able to feel anything. But it’s not, so put that out of your mind!

I had cramping my first IVF - they told me it was from the teeny amount of fluid they use to deliver the embryos - on the plus side, that’s the cycle that worked! Chin up!!

Yeah I agree too early for ectopic pain. She may have been thinking OHSS though which they would likely be able to tell in your bloodwork. :cross: all looks good though.

I also felt pinching and even had a sharp sudden pain to the middle of my uterus on 3dp5dt. I think that was implantation because I even had some spotting at 7 & 8dp5dt when I got my first BFP on Hpt and also later found that this baby’s placenta is anterior (that is front and center) exactly where I had that sudden sharp pain.

My cramping was pretty much all over. Some ovaries, some uterus, even had some in my back and top of my legs.

:cross: your is a good sign! :babydust:

essemkay and ahhny, thanks! I’m a little less worried about an ectopic today. I DID have some sharp intense pinching yesterday and today in the exact same two spots. Praying that was implantation! Ahhny, interesting that you felt it exactly in the appropriate spot. I’ll definitely remember those sudden pinches and hopefully they match up!

The only cycle I started cramping a few days after IUI and continued all the way through ( well still have pains every now and then since im a toe into 2nd tri)
Was with my BFP… I SWORE the cramps were AF cramps… even on Beta day the cramps were horrible. Per RE, after implantation some women’s body start enlarging the uterus to prepare for pregnancy so they start getting stretching pains.

Thanks, Lisse! I never thought about it that way before, that the uterus is already making room.

Well, haven’t had any cramps at all for the last few hours and starting to worry even more now. Cramps, no cramps…I can’t win! Still have a dull lower back ache somewhat, so I’m going to hang on to that for now. 7 more long days before beta and I don’t plan to test early. This is torture!

So did you have a beta yet?!

Lisse, thanks so much for thinking of me. My beta was negative. This journey is so unfair.

im so sorry. I think we all know how it feels to get that BFN. But guess what… eventuallyit will be a BFP and you will go nuts!!! Took me 5 cycles. So dont give up after your first one.