Consult after bfn


Good afternoon ladies, well I got the call that this FET cycle was again bfn! I don’t understand. I’m losing faith and running out of hope. I was wondering if you ladies had any advice for me on what to ask my RE this time. I’ve run out of ideas and questions and don’t really know anymore. All drs are different so maybe yours did nothing special that helped get your BFP.

Here’s a little background on me… Most of its in my sig.

I am in a same sex relationship so no male issue. I do not have pcos or endometroises. I have normal cycles usually 27-28 days. Ovulate, produce an awesome amount of eggs and always have a great fertilization report. Did have pollyps removed. Response to meds perfectly. Embryo quality good. Nothing is wrong!

Used 3 different donor sperm for each fresh cycle.

2 fresh cycles at one RE, then decided to switch to one out of state.

New RE Did first FET and I had a chemical preg. Did 3rd fresh cycle bfn (re was in complete shock everything was perfect) and now 2nd FET bfn.

I have done all testing for immune system, diabetes, genetics, chromosome, etc. everything is normal!!! So I fall in that % of “unexplained infertility” I’m just not sure what to do anymore, what to think. I almost feel numb from it all. Any suggestions of what I could ask my RE would be greatly apprieciated. I have a phone consult tomorrow at noon since I’m an out of state patient.


I’m sorry that it didn’t work this time and hope that they can change some things around. I’m not too familiar with all of the testing, but I know we are going to try some different things. We are planning to freeze all good blasts at day 5 and then do a FET the following month, because I do much better with FET. In addition to the meds, they will do a biopsy of my uterus during the ER which is supposed to help with implantation and then during the FET they will inject HCG directly into my uterus 5 min before the transfer. That also is supposed to help with implantation. We’ve never tried those two things before and I’m hoping they do the trick. You can ask your RE about them. We are also going to do PICSI instead of ICSI this time, but it’s because we have both egg and sperm issues so it may not help in your case. Good luck to you and I hope you get some answers from your RE!