Cramping after ET

I am now 6dpt and have been cramping from 3dpt on and off, sore (.)(.) probably due to cyclogest, RE told me to test hcg tomorrow (7dpt). Isn’t this too early? Can progesterone suppositories delay AF? I’m:pray: and :cross: because I had 2 healthy embies transferred on day5 and 1 was already expanded. Should I be worried about the cramping? Also, a few hours after ET, just after I put in a cyclogest, I saw some bright red blood in my panty liner. I don’t think it could be implantation bleeding as it was only a few hours after ET, but RE had some trouble to get through my cervix, could the bleeding be from scarring of the cervix or is it a bad thing. I’ve read that bleeding after ET is an absolute NO NO.

You can have spotting from the progesterone suppositories if ur RE had a hard time getting through the cervix it could be even more irritated. I had a lot of cramping after My ET so much I thought AF was coming I got a beautiful DD out of that. I think most betas are 14 dpo so in a 5dt itd be 9dp5dt I’m not sure how early is too early

I know the progesterone delays AF - so if you are on progesterone support you won’t get your period or will have light bleeding when it’s time to start.

It sounds like the bleeding after ET is due to the trauma during the procedure - but absolutely call and check with your nurse or doctor.

Cramping after ET can be a good thing, so don’t lose hope! My RE said I might even spot after ET (I didn’t though). I would call your clinic… you pay them big bucks & they should ease any worries you may have.
While progesterone should stop :af: … that’s not always that case, as I had full blown :af: while I was on progesterone… a couple days before my scheduled beta. I had to go in early to confirm so I could stop the progesterone, because it was so heavy - sorry TMI.

P.S - I noticed in your sig you have fibroids… I have one. Out of curiousity… Did they remove them before your cycle?

Babybuggy,

I had a laparoscopy in Aug 2010 to treat the endometriosis. That’s when doctor found the fibroids. There were 3 of them on the outside of my uterus, which he then removed. When starting my ivf cycle end Oct 2011 I asked him if we should do lapscop again to check if endometriosis and fibroids are back, RE said that he wasn’t concerned about it, because fibroids was on the outside of uterus it couldn’t affect anything and if they were back, they are probably still small, so nothing to worry about.

Well, I went for a 7dp5dt today and just got the result back : beta = 21. :cheer:I have to test again after 48hours.

Good luck to you

[quote=hcronje]Babybuggy,

I had a laparoscopy in Aug 2010 to treat the endometriosis. That’s when doctor found the fibroids. There were 3 of them on the outside of my uterus, which he then removed. When starting my ivf cycle end Oct 2011 I asked him if we should do lapscop again to check if endometriosis and fibroids are back, RE said that he wasn’t concerned about it, because fibroids was on the outside of uterus it couldn’t affect anything and if they were back, they are probably still small, so nothing to worry about.

Well, I went for a 7dp5dt today and just got the result back : beta = 21. :cheer:I have to test again after 48hours.

Good luck to you[/quote]

That’s wonderful… Congrats!!! I hope your beta keeps going higher & higher!!! I recently had a lap - tomorrow will be 2 weeks. My RE didn’t remove my fibroid… he said it wasn’t in a critical spot, but not sure why he didn’t since he was already in there anyway. I will find out today, as my post op appt is this afternoon. Thanks for the info! Glad your test came back a :bfp: !!!