Cramping At 25 Weeks

Hi Everyone,

Tonight, I got a sudden cramp on my right side. It was slightly painful. The cramp wasn’t low. It’s around the mid section. This doesnt feel anything like the period like cramps in the low pelvic area early in my pregnancy. It feels different…kinda like cramps after running. This has never happened to me before so I was wondering if this was normal at 25 weeks.

Thanks!

I get awful pain on my right side sometimes, I am 29 weeks. I’m sure its just where the baby is positioned. I would say at your net appointment mention it to your Dr. see what she says. I haven’t even asked my Dr. Now that the baby is bigger I get all kinds of weird pains… Lol

[QUOTE=babydusting]I get awful pain on my right side sometimes, I am 29 weeks. I’m sure its just where the baby is positioned. I would say at your net appointment mention it to your Dr. see what she says. I haven’t even asked my Dr. Now that the baby is bigger I get all kinds of weird pains… Lol[/QUOTE]

Congrats on your little one! I’m not too far behind you!

You know I was out over the weekend, shopping. I was at Lush picking up some goodies for bath time. All the girls at Lush did not realize that I was pregnant! I asked the girls what’s a moisturizing and good for elasticity for skin. And she looked at my puzzled and asked you mean like for stretch marks? I was like yea sure. Although I’m already using a cocktail of body oils and body butter, I figure it could couldn’t hurt to also have a body bar good for skin on top of that. Anyways, she looked at me like I was crazy. I then had to tell her oh it’s because I’m super worried about getting stretch marks when I get bigger. She looked at me like I was literally nuts. Then I said I’m 25/26 weeks along. She looked down and her eyes almost fell out. She was said “But you’re so tiny! I didn’t even know you were pregnant! Congrats!”

Then all the girls at the store gathered around to look at my small belly bump. And could not believe I was nearly 6 months along.

Hmmm…I can’t decide whether to be happy that I’m tiny or bothered that I’m not as big as all the other pregnant ladies.

Try not to worry about not showing - you’ll probably get tons of comments about how small you are, but try to look at is a less change you’ll need for your body to get back to its pre-pregnancy shape! It seems in the world of baby bumps you’re “darned” if you do and “darned” if you don’t. If you’re carrying big, everyone makes comments about how huge you are and how you’ll deliver any day. :nerd:

[QUOTE=HopefulinCO]Try not to worry about not showing - you’ll probably get tons of comments about how small you are, but try to look at is a less change you’ll need for your body to get back to its pre-pregnancy shape! It seems in the world of baby bumps you’re “darned” if you do and “darned” if you don’t. If you’re carrying big, everyone makes comments about how huge you are and how you’ll deliver any day. :nerd:[/QUOTE]

Thanks…you’re so sweet! I have a bit of belly bump envy. When I look at other fellow pregnant ladies…and I want a bumpy bump too.

But you’re probably right. It’ll be less change to get back into pre-pregnancy shape! Which is a huge plus! :slight_smile:

Hey Lilacs! You might be one of those people who doesn’t show until the very end of pregnancy. be glad you’re able to still go shopping and stuff like that. I’ve gained 40+ pounds and when I went to baby classes and everyone said their name and due dates, all the women there were due much earlier than me and were much smaller. When the leader askes what each of us were having and I say “three boys,” people get this look on their face like “oh, ok, now I know why she is so huge and not due until march.”. Sometimes in the store when people ask, I’ll lie about my due date. Otherwise, they get a horrified look on their face.

As far as cramping goes, it could be fetal position but you might want to lay down on your side just to be safe, especially if you’re overly tired.

[QUOTE=BabiesAreCute]Hey Lilacs! You might be one of those people who doesn’t show until the very end of pregnancy. be glad you’re able to still go shopping and stuff like that. I’ve gained 40+ pounds and when I went to baby classes and everyone said their name and due dates, all the women there were due much earlier than me and were much smaller. When the leader askes what each of us were having and I say “three boys,” people get this look on their face like “oh, ok, now I know why she is so huge and not due until march.”. Sometimes in the store when people ask, I’ll lie about my due date. Otherwise, they get a horrified look on their face.

As far as cramping goes, it could be fetal position but you might want to lay down on your side just to be safe, especially if you’re overly tired.[/QUOTE]

Awwww…you’re really sweet. I get the opposite reaction from people. I get the shocked look. People can’t believe that I am 6 months along and feel the need to put their hand on my belly to validate. Then they feel how hard it is and say, “oh, wow!” So to the average person, I must look like I ate one too many danishes and just packing on the holiday pounds!

But you’re having 3 boys! That’s such a blessing! And I’m sure it’s totally worth it in the end…the hugeness and horrified looks. I so want to be you! :slight_smile:

DH and I were wishing so hard for twins because I have a very low ovarian reserve, and may not be able to have a 2nd. I have to go back to my RE 4 months after birthing to try my luck at a 2nd which also means I have to stop breastfeeding. I only have one ovary and it’s not very active…it’s heading towards its retirement. Had a very aggressive IVF treatment, and only able to produce 3 follicles. Other women my age under that aggressive treatment, produces anywhere from 7-15 follicles! So I was so devastated because the 3rd follicle almost didn’t meet the measurement requirement to go forward with the procedure. When they told me after the procedure that they retrieved 4 eggs, I was so happy and over the moon. Then, only 3 got fertilized, and they RE transferred 2. The 3rd one eventually didn’t make it to freezing. RE accessed my situation, perfect lining and everything so there was a really high chance that both would stick. So RE was actually thinking I’d be pregnant with twins! Only 1 stuck which I’m still very grateful for. I must admit I was very devastated that we were only able to see 1 on the u/s. My RE couldn’t believe it either so she sent me in for a pelvic u/s to make sure the 2nd one didn’t implant somewhere else like my tube!

I know 2 friends who are also pregnant right now with twins, and they just wanted a singleton. Everyone is having multiples except me. :frowning:

As the pregnancy progressed, I started to consider maybe we’ll just have the one. I don’t know if I can go through another cycle of vigorous and aggressive treatment especially 4 months after birthing. Plus, I’ll be taking care for a baby at the same time. Lots of my friends who is a single child is adamant that I should go and try for the 2nd. They keep telling me how lonely growing up was and that they always envied their friends who had siblings. So I don’t know…we will see.

Big Hugs!!

xx

hi lilacs–

I am a few weeks ahead of you and also have been having cramping on and off–I think it just depends where the baby is and also can be braxton-hicks contractions (according to my friends who have already been pregnant).

As for twins, I am 100% with you on wanting twins. I have wanted twins since I was 5 years old. My sister always said she didn’t want twins, and now she is pregnant with twins:) My two best friends (both totally not wanting twins) are going through fertility treatments now, and I told both of them watch you also get the twins. Anyway, what is meant to be will be and there is a reason why we are only pregnant with one (someone out there knows better than us). Lots of luck for you with the rest of your pregnancy and also with your next IVF if you do it. If not, adoption can always be a possibility (just a thought) but I know it’s not for everyone:)

[QUOTE=beth26]hi lilacs–

I am a few weeks ahead of you and also have been having cramping on and off–I think it just depends where the baby is and also can be braxton-hicks contractions (according to my friends who have already been pregnant).

As for twins, I am 100% with you on wanting twins. I have wanted twins since I was 5 years old. My sister always said she didn’t want twins, and now she is pregnant with twins:) My two best friends (both totally not wanting twins) are going through fertility treatments now, and I told both of them watch you also get the twins. Anyway, what is meant to be will be and there is a reason why we are only pregnant with one (someone out there knows better than us). Lots of luck for you with the rest of your pregnancy and also with your next IVF if you do it. If not, adoption can always be a possibility (just a thought) but I know it’s not for everyone:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Beth26! You’re very sweet. I know that everything happens for a reason, and what’s meant to be, will be. You’re totally right!

Actually, DH and I have talked in depth about adoption because we didn’t think we would even get pregnant with this IVF cycle! We were told my chances of ever getting pregnant was 20% and that’s with the aggressive IVF treatment. So we are open to adoption if my next IVF cycle doesn’t work out.

Braxton-Hicks! Yikes! I haven’t had any more cramps since that one so I hope I don’t have any more. But I’m going to ask my OB about it just in case.

Thanks for your reply! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy!

This morning, I woke with menstrual like cramps. It feels like the cramps you get when you have a period. This is the first time I’ve had these types of cramps. Are these normal during pregnancy at 25/26 weeks?

Thanks!

[quote=Lilacs80]This morning, I woke with menstrual like cramps. It feels like the cramps you get when you have a period. This is the first time I’ve had these types of cramps. Are these normal during pregnancy at 25/26 weeks?

Thanks![/quote]

I had these a few times during my preganacy, not to alarm you but if they are bad to where they wont go away or you can’t sleep call your OB. I had a bad UTI each time the cramps were bad and it was my only UTI symptom. Also my UTI only came back positive if they sent the urine out for a culture, never came up positive on the in office dip stick test. The other few times I had them they went away in a few hours with rest, growing pains I called them. Good luck!

[QUOTE=Indybuggy80]I had these a few times during my preganacy, not to alarm you but if they are bad to where they wont go away or you can’t sleep call your OB. I had a bad UTI each time the cramps were bad and it was my only UTI symptom. Also my UTI only came back positive if they sent the urine out for a culture, never came up positive on the in office dip stick test. The other few times I had them they went away in a few hours with rest, growing pains I called them. Good luck![/QUOTE]

Oh my gosh…UTI!?! I had an UTI scare early on in the pregnancy and the tests came back negative. I didn’t get the cramps like these ones when I had the UTI scare. I was frequently needing to pee and each time there was not a lot of output. I didn’t get the burning or pain or the common symptoms. Plus, I’ve leaked pee several times so I completely freaked out and called my RE. Everyone thought it was an UTI, but all the tests came back negative. So I never really knew what happened there, but it hasn’t happened since.

Now, I’m getting these menstrual like cramps. I will definitely keep an eye on out. If it progresses worst, I will call my OB. I’m still feeling uncomfy and bit crampy but not unbearable or in pain.

Thanks for your response!