Cramps after exercise while pregnant

Hey all! So I just got my 2nd BFP-my first pregnancy last year ended at 10 weeks.
I want to do EVERYTHING right this time. I know, a lot of it is out of my hands. But I don’t want to do anything to jeapordize this pregnancy. I really really want my THB!!!:preg:
This cycle, I have been walking for 40min-1hr at a steady pace throughout my 2WW. This morning after my walk I had some pretty intense cramps lasting about 10 seconds each.
Is this my body’s way of telling me I am over doing it? I wasn’t winded at all. My heartrate was up too, but I was still able to chat while walking.
Is this stressing the embryo and now my uterus is trying to expel it?
Anybody experienced this?

This is what Dr. Google said.:nerd:

[B]Take It Easy[/B]

The muscles and ligaments that support your uterus are being pulled and stretched in all directions during pregnancy. This can cause occasional cramping. The pain might be mild or sharp. It might be particularly noticeable when you make a quick move, get up out of a chair, cough, or sneeze. This is nothing to worry about. Some women get cramps when they exercise[/URL] and put additional stress on [URL=“http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/exercise-and-weight-management/exercise-safety/57434.html”]muscles and ligaments[/URL] that are already strained. If you feel cramps while exercising, [URL=“http://pregnancy.familyeducation.com/prenatal-health-and-nutrition/exercise-and-weight-management/48880.html”]listen to your body. Stop and rest. This is not the time to work through pain.

I am not sure if you stimmed with your cycle, but I wasn’t allowed to exercise at all in the 2ww in any stimming cycle. Probably should take it easy.

Having said that, I also cramped ALOT after my transfer (basically the same as an IUI) and I wasn’t exercising so not sure if it has anything to do with that or not. I would take it easy though especially if this was a stimmed cycle.

Thanks ladies. I also read an article that it might mean you were too dehydrated when you went on the walk-which I might have been. Next time I’ll just do a half loop. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=NurseNancy]Thanks ladies. I also read an article that it might mean you were too dehydrated when you went on the walk-which I might have been. Next time I’ll just do a half loop. :)[/QUOTE]
Nancy, anytime i feel any cramping i start loading up on the water and it usually goes away. I haven’t been pregnant in over 13 years and I’m so paranoid something is going to happen!

Just wanted to say congrats to both you and Goldenmama!!! So happy to see you both get BFPs…I recall cycling with/near you last year! Praying for H&H 9 months for you both!

As for the cramping, I had pretty consistent cramping until about 6-7 weeks…just stretching stuff I think but felt like AF cramps. Sometimes it can mean you’re dehydrated, but I usually tried to just take it easy after the fact.

Good luck!!

[quote=Kris79]Just wanted to say congrats to both you and Goldenmama!!! So happy to see you both get BFPs…I recall cycling with/near you last year! Praying for H&H 9 months for you both!

As for the cramping, I had pretty consistent cramping until about 6-7 weeks…just stretching stuff I think but felt like AF cramps. Sometimes it can mean you’re dehydrated, but I usually tried to just take it easy after the fact.

Good luck!![/quote]

Thanks, Kris! I remember your BFP! So glad everything is going so well for you. Hope I follow right along with you! :slight_smile:

Congrats, Nancy!!!

During my 2WW I just did some yoga and walking. The first 3 months of the pregnancy I did not do anything. Mostly because I was so sick (morning sickness that lasted all day long). I started light weights and walking again in my 4th month until I had to have a cerclage month 6.

Good luck and definetly take it easy.mlisten to your body.

[quote=Lili01175]Congrats, Nancy!!!

During my 2WW I just did some yoga and walking. The first 3 months of the pregnancy I did not do anything. Mostly because I was so sick (morning sickness that lasted all day long). I started light weights and walking again in my 4th month until I had to have a cerclage month 6.

Good luck and definetly take it easy.mlisten to your body.[/quote]

Thanks! I haven’t had any morning sickness but still have mild cramps and like a dull ache in my uterus. trying not to worry too much about it.