Craziest thing you’ve done…

Hey everyone. So I’ve been trying for 4 years, and in those 4 years I’ve done some crazy things in hopes I will get pregnant. Things from acupuncture, to tai chi, to herbal medicines. I consider those pretty normal practice.

I think on the crazier side I’ve done the following:

• Ate Royal Jelly every day because I heard it increases your egg count (I HATE honey)

• I wore a piece of string around my stomach for two months straight. My mother brought it home from a monastery and told me it works. (I was desperate)

• I went months wearing the evil eye EVERYWHERE I went

• I tried an insulin resistant diet…I read that insulin resistance is a cause for CM. Actually, I’m still currently doing this one.

• I operated under the principle of “If you build it, it will come.” When we bought our current house (three years ago) I had a door put in my bedroom leading to a potential baby room. This room is not to be used, it’s just empty space. (This was probably the craziest)

• I know there is SO much more – I just can’t think of it right now.

My question is this: Have any of you done something that was completely out of character in the name of getting pregnant?

• Please note, none of the above have worked to date for me, and all ideas came from the internet or my mother, none were RE recommendations.

Yes! I have tried it all too! Acupuncture, carrying around gems (rose quartz), fertility massage, psychics, castor oil packs, gross tea’s, standing on my head, herbal remedies I can’t even count… and all to just continue to :grr:

Our crazy stuff wasn’t meds or anything… with our daughter who took 2 months to conceive was done in a pool LOL. So after a few years of TTC our 2nd we tried a few months in the pool. Yeah didn’t work that time. I’ve had dh hold my legs and rear up in the air for 20 mins to help his swimmers get to the right spot ha. I’ve had him do his business in a instead/soft cup and then i insert it and do my thing. Didn’t work.

Hey, the Instead Cup thing doesn’t sound so crazy :slight_smile:

Royal jelly might be the most foul tasting thing ever. I tried it, but only managed a couple of weeks before my gag reflex starting kicking in each time.

My wife has a close friend who’s older and Dominican who claims there’s a special drink they make for infertility. I forgot what it’s called but its black and made with a ton of different herbs and smells horrible. She drank that for a little while. She’s also drank holy water.

still doing crazy

right now I get a Mayan abdominal massage once a month. See a chiropractor 4 times a month. chiropractor wants me to get acupuncture which I’m considering and start using essential oils. I’ve done the castor oil packs. I joined a low impact gym thinking I was too over weight. I’ve put my feet on the wall after sex for 20 mins. Basically someone tells me this might work I’ll try it for a little while. This might be getting a little out of control! But it makes me feel like I’m doing something productive.

You have to love what we will do, drink, eat, put ourselves through in the hopes it will change things!

I think you are right pandorasta, sometimes in the game of fertility when you are feeling hopeless and out of control, it is nice to be doing something to give you some power.

A friend of my husband said to have green sheets on the bed and a white elephant statue where the nose is pointing downward. Its really hard to find one with the nose down. I also considered a trip to Florida. I once saw on TV that outside this office building there were these African fertility statues. Unexplainably, all these women who passed through them got pregnant within two months! I think they are at the Ripley’ Believe It or Not Museum now.

A friend of my husband said to have green sheets on the bed and a white elephant statue where the nose is pointing downward. Its really hard to find one with the nose down. I also considered a trip to Florida. I once saw on TV that outside this office building there were these African fertility statues. Unexplainably, all these women who passed through them got pregnant within two months! I think they are at the Ripley’ Believe It or Not Museum now.

More testing.

Here we go again.

Test comment.