crying, depressed, frustrated, tired

I don’t know what happened today but I had a bit of a breakdown. I’m ovulating, which earlier this year would have been an exciting time. Now it just makes me mad. I was asked for the 10billionth time yesterday why I don’t have any kids and without even thinking I snapped “because my husband doesn’t have any sperm, thanks for asking.” Ugh. I’m a nurse and my patients are always trying to make small talk and ask things like that. Thankfully I made that remark to a co-worker and not to a patient!
I’m just so tired of waiting. We’re planning to start IVF in January or February. Have had fleeting thoughts of postponing so I can attend my best-friends wedding, but it just makes me mad to even think about postponing anymore. Ugh!
And I’m trying to find a new job but am trying to take into consideration the flexibility I’ll need to drive an hour (each way) 3 times a week during the IVF process. How many sacrifices do I have to make? It just gets so frustrating to see how easy baby-making is for most people and how many sacrifices and heart-aches DH and I (and the rest of us here) have to go through.

Thanks for reading my rambling. Hopefully a good night’s sleep will cure this!

You’re doing the right thing

You’re doing the right thing by starting treatment and not putting it off.

Here’s an idea: compose a type-written explanation as to why you don’t have any children and keep copies in your purse. Therefore, when someone asks why you don’t have any children, just hand it to them and walk away. It could start out something like, "Because people ask me that question often, I’ve written a pre-typed answer because I’m tired of explaining it. Here’s the situation … (describe situation) … Seeing the expression on people’s faces would be funny.

Years ago before I met my boyfriend, I used to keep a pre-typed response to the question, “Why are you single?” and I would e-mail it to men I met online who asked that and it contained that same introduction. It saved a lot of time.

[quote=BabiesAreCute]You’re doing the right thing by starting treatment and not putting it off.

Here’s an idea: compose a type-written explanation as to why you don’t have any children and keep copies in your purse. Therefore, when someone asks why you don’t have any children, just hand it to them and walk away. It could start out something like, "Because people ask me that question often, I’ve written a pre-typed answer because I’m tired of explaining it. Here’s the situation … (describe situation) … Seeing the expression on people’s faces would be funny.

Years ago before I met my boyfriend, I used to keep a pre-typed response to the question, “Why are you single?” and I would e-mail it to men I met online who asked that and it contained that same introduction. It saved a lot of time.[/quote]

That’s a GREAT idea!

I understand your frustration. I have had my initial consultation, been married and IVF orientation all in the matter of a week and a half! Trust me, This was not how I planned it. I was told during our initial consultation that my employer had dropped IVF benefits as of 01/01/11. This is our one and only chance to become parents. We were not even married during our initial consultation. The plan was to wed in Feb and start the process in March. So much for that, we were married five days after initial consultation and attended IVF orientation five days after that. I was hit with another bombshell during orientation, my cycle would be cancelled if I do not menstruate by Dec 6th. Therefore, only leaving me with 4 days to menstruate. I am indeed feeling all of the above, especially since it is Sat and mother nature has not reared her ugly head. I’m so afraid that I am going to miss this opportunity and that my body will be working against me!

Well that response should certainly stop that person from ever asking that of you again. I am sure that person spread the word to those she/he knows to refrain from asking you about children. I am sure after all that she/he feels like an arse and in the future will realize from this experience that; that topic is a very personal and maybe someone that would have been subjected to that question will be spared thanks to you. Hopefully you are having a better day and we all have bad days so don’t worry about it. Feel better.