Cycle buddy/march 2013

Hi everyone! I am new to this board and to IVF in general. My DH and I are gearing up for our first IVF/ICSI cycle this March. I should be getting my period the first week in March and hopefully start my shots after that as long as my blood work and ultra sound looks good! We just received all of our medication last week. I had my trial transfer already and we attended the IVF class today!

They have me on Bravelle and Menopur, Ganirelix Acetate, and Novarel.
Anyone else cycling during this time? I am so excited to start this journey, but nervous too!

Me 32: everything ok
DH 31: low sperm count
:paw: Kody (husky, almost 6 years old)

My husband and I going to be doing IVF/ICSI in March. We are new to IVF as well as this will be our first time. I have been on Birth Control pills since 2/8 and started Lupron 2/18. We completed our IVF class 2/12 and trial transfer 2/13. I will have my baseline u/s and labs 3/1 and if all looks good will be starting Follistim and Menopur 3/2. We will trigger then have the egg retrieval the week of 3/11.

Webee19- looks like we are in the same boat…everything checks out fine with me but my DH has low count. Hope all works out for you!!! Good luck!!!

[QUOTE=ruttb4]My husband and I going to be doing IVF/ICSI in March. We are new to IVF as well as this will be our first time. I have been on Birth Control pills since 2/8 and started Lupron 2/18. We completed our IVF class 2/12 and trial transfer 2/13. I will have my baseline u/s and labs 3/1 and if all looks good will be starting Follistim and Menopur 3/2. We will trigger then have the egg retrieval the week of 3/11.

Webee19- looks like we are in the same boat…everything checks out fine with me but my DH has low count. Hope all works out for you!!! Good luck!!![/QUOTE]
Ruttbr-
It does look like we are in the same boat! I will have my u/s and labs March 5th or 6th and start meds day after. Good luck to you too! Keep us updated!

Hi Ladies,

Hoping to be cycle buddies with you, too!

I was supposed to do my first IVF in February, but I have some pesky cysts that are taking up valuable real estate. These are left over from our last injectable cycle we did at the beginning of December. I have a recheck next Wednesday to see if they are gone and we can move forward. :cross: !!!

If so, I will probably be a few days ahead of you guys…I think retrieval and transfer will be the second week of March. Our clinic only does them the first two weeks of the month, so you gotta be flexible. Kind of annoying.

Anyway, best wishes to everyone. Glad to have some support from other people who are new to this, as well!

March IVF

Hi ladies,

I would love to join you guys as well. This is our first IVF as well. My protocol calls for estrace orally and cetrotide starting 2/27/13. Then labs and US around 3/6 after AF. I will then be on menopur and follistism with cetrotide the week before the tentative retrieval date of 3/18/13. Super excited. All of the meds are ordered and I am ready to get this started. It is going to be a busy March for sure. Prayers for peace and patience for all of us. I hope we all have good results! Anyone in Colorado ?

I am starting in March too!!! Actually have started DHEA boost for a cycle before starting everything else. They want to give me every chance since I am 38 with a fsh of 16. Had 10 IUI’s a couple years ago, took a break and am now going for one last try since having a miscarriage on last IUI. So here goes, looking forward to hearing and sharing all our info when we all get started in March

Hi WeeBee - I just responded to you on the March '13 board but see you posted here too! Cycle buddies!

RuttB4 - You’re a little ahead of me but not by much - I started Lupron two days ago on 2/25 and start stims March 8th! This is also our first IVF - we’re doing mini IVF with ICSI due to MF.

Francesca - Good luck!! Let us know how it’s going :slight_smile:

VSO - We have the same retrieval week. I see your DH had a cancer diagnosis as well - I’m sorry to hear that, but thrilled to hear you banked! I really, really wish we had done that when my DH was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer back in '05…but we were young and much more concerned with him just not dying than thinking ahead to marriage and babies. Sometimes I get upset that no one in his family stepped up and made us think about it…maybe I could have done a couple IUI’s if we had banked normal semen without having to jump right into IVF w/ICSI from our TESE…but anyway…we’re all on this path for a reason, right? I’m really just looking forward to getting great news on retrieval week!

Question to you girls since we seem to have a few first timers and MFs in this thread - did anyone else consider mini-IVF? I don’t see a lot of girls on the board talking about it. DH and I stressed back and forth whether to do full or mini, since we are a MF and I’m 32 with no know issues, and it’s such a gamble since you’re only working with more like 5 or 7 eggs. But we decided we are indeed gamblers soooo…we’re keeping our fingers crossed!! Anyone else?

Hi Darlee! I am glad you guys were able to get some great DNA to use for your IVF. My husband actually banked his in about a week prior to the chemo so there wasn’t much of a delay. It was before I was in the picture and I am really surprised the oncologist didn’t suggest it. As it was, we only had enough banked to try IUI twice which failed…What is a mini IVF ? I have never heard of it…Nice to have a cycle buddy with a similar background.

Bad news…I was supposed to go in for my us and bw to start my meds but the nurse called us yesterday. She said the dr has to take a medical leave and will be gone for about a month. The dr was not sure if she would be around for the ER, so she didn’t want to start our IVF cycle. So it looks like because of my cycle that we won’t be starting IVF until the end of April!!
:af:

[QUOTE=webee19]Bad news…I was supposed to go in for my us and bw to start my meds but the nurse called us yesterday. She said the dr has to take a medical leave and will be gone for about a month. The dr was not sure if she would be around for the ER, so she didn’t want to start our IVF cycle. So it looks like because of my cycle that we won’t be starting IVF until the end of April!!
:af:[/QUOTE]

Webee, that is so frustrating. I’m so sorry you have to go through that. I’m sure you’ve thought to ask, but can another MD cover for your doc?

Hi Cycle buddies,

I starting cycling last week, but will be March retrieval in about a week or so.

Me: 37, hypothyroid, insulin resistance
1 MC August 2012 :wings:
DH: no issues

Lucky mom of 1 beautiful little boy nearly 5yo, conceived naturally.

I am currently on day 10 of lupron at 10 units per day.
Today I had my day 2 bloodwork and will reduce to 5 units per day tomorrow and will add gonal f at 225 iu nightly beginning tomorrow also with bloodwork on Thursday. Also on metformin 750mg 2x daily if i can handle it, which isn’t most days.

I feel like this is more real now, with every little step forward I feel a little hope (but still am quite reserved).

I am slightly nervous about some of the intramuscular shots coming up, any tips? Also, i wasnt on bcp, i see that many were - not sure why I wasn’t.

Also, I’m doing acupuncture - anyone else?

Of course there are several other medications in the valentines delivery i received, but I’m not sure what comes next after gonal f - trigger shot maybe? It’s so confusing first time around!

I’ll be thinking and praying for all of you! :cross:
Nice to have this type of support!

VSO411 - I hadn’t heard of a “mini” cycle either until my mom found and read about it online. We actually changed clinics so we could see a RE who specializes in it . A lot of the larger clinics don’t like to offer mini b/c your success rates will be affected. The theory is that you use less drugs and less stims and get fewer eggs - more like 4 -6 - but they’re generally all mature and better quality. So it’s a quality v. quantity argument. It costs about 1/3 less and is supposed to be easier on you. We figured since ours is a MF and there’s hopefully nothing going on with me, that if all we need is one good egg…it’s worth both the financial and emotional gamble.

WeeBee - Bummer about your doc’s schedule! It must be frustrating for you to have to be at the whim of someone else’s schedule for something that’s obviously so big for you. But I’m sorry. :frowning:

JMKmom - I heard a tip for the IM shot is to warm the liquid in your armpit for 10 minutes or so, so it’s body temp. I find that jabbing my hand into a pointy surface while I’m getting my shots helps me not focus on the shot pinch so much. I’m going to do acupuncture too, there is so much talk about it helping, it’s worth a shot! (er, no pun intended) :slight_smile:

Thanks Darlee for the tip on the IM shots.

I started my gonal f last night and woke up quite crampy and have been crampy most of the day like period cramps. Others feel this?

Had acupuncture for 3rd time today and finally relaxed a bit more, they do an ivf protocol so as my meds change so do the placements of the needles, today there were several in my head and one between my eyes :woohoo:.

gonal f shot was not bad last night, the build up was a lot worse and i kept it cold until i actually took it.

Hope everyone is doing ok this week! Deep breaths and keeping busy helps! I’m anxious to see what they say on Thursday - first bloodwork after start of gonal f.

Hopeful…

@webee19 sorry you are having to wait a month…how frustrating for you

@Darlee Mini IVF- interesting…I hope it works for you! I don’t think would work for me…I am getting close to 38 and already have a lower follicle count every month as it is

@Jmk-mom2-1 I thought about doing acupuncture through out my IVF cycle but I work 12 hour shifts as an RN and making all of the other appointments is going to keep me busy enough that I just thought it was going to be more stressful finding the time for acupuncture. I am doing acupuncture immediately after the transfer…I go to CCRM and they recommend it after the transfer. They said it has shown to increase implantation. Maybe I will get a massage or two to keep me relaxed!

AF came on Sunday. I have my US and blood drawn tomorrow then start the Menopur and Follistim on Thursday. I am so hopeful but so scared of disappointment at the same time…I am sure all of you can relate!

Gonal f response on low end

Hi all,

I went in for my day 6 bloodwork, 3 days on 225iu of gonal f and my level was 43, which I’m told is on the low end. My gonal f is now increased to 300iu and menopur has been added at 75iu and my lupron is at 5iu still.

Any thoughts on this, I’m still early on, but the response is on the low end nonetheless.

I’m so afraid of a cancelled cycle, but keep telling myself I’ve only been taking stims for 3 days - any words of encouragement for me?

Hope all are doing well this week!

Hello ladies!
I’m new…and nervous! Lol
Doing Mini Ivf for the first time. Hopefully if everything goes well, my ER will be 3/21/13! Planning on a 5 day transfer.
I love the support here & would like to wish everyone the best!

Good luck BabyRowen!
Can I ask what a mini ivf cycle is and how its different from a full ivf cycle. I’m heading into ER tomorrow with low follicle / estrogen response. Part of me thinks we should cancel.

I see that you have cancelled in the past. Maybe you have some insights you could share.
My U/S on Monday showed 5 decent follicles, ranging from 11-18, but my estrogen was still low in the 200’s which (2 of which were 17 and 18) from what i understand would only represent 1 good follicle. My dr didn’t cancel, she gave me option to move forward so I am as I’ve used up a bunch of insurance dollars at this point and I figure they can maybe gain some knowledge on egg quality even if this doesn’t work out, which is likely based on numbers.

I had my final blood draw this am and did my hcg shot last night. I feel a lot of popping activity this am and not to be gross but I’ve have a ton of CM for last 4-5 days and read that this is a good sign - just curious on what others would do??

Best of luck to all :babydust:

Hi ladies,
I’d love to join this group, I just had my transfer Sunday and now I’m waiting. Ugghhh!
JmH mom - I can relate to not having a ton of follicles, but don’t lose hope, you may have just the right one you need!!!

Hi 2ndgoaround! I can’t wait 2 get where you are! How many did you transfer?

@Jmk-mom2-1 mini ivf is like full ivf but with less medication/monitoring. You don’t get as many eggs but like Darlee explained its a quality vs quantity thing! Sorry I don’t have much insight, this is my first attempt at any ivf but I hope you don’t have to cancel and everything goes fine.

Hi BabyRowan, I did a max stim protocol and ended up with three eggs, only one fertilized normally. We did a 3 day transfer of an 8 cell, grade A embryo, with assisted hatching. When approximately, will your ER be? I hate the tww but glad to be done with shots.