Cycle now cancelled

Hello! I just found out yesterday that my iui/gonal f/ovidral cycle is going to be cancelled because I have to many follicles. I’m sad but I’ll be fine. I’m just wanting to know for you ladies that has had this happen what was your next plan? They started me on the lowest does 37.5 possible which nothing was happening so they started bumping me up until I got to 187 and that’s when it happened. I was so worried that I wouldn’t respond that this completely caught me off guard. This was our first round of injections so I’m just curious as to what happens next. My dr.'s nurse told me to take prometrium to induce my cycle and then call them as they think I would be better for IVF. I don’t think I want to go to ivf yet but then again I don’t want another cycle cancelled due to over stimulation. Any advice would be great. Thanks!

So sorry to hear your cycle was cancelled. But remember, this is your 1st cycle and your Dr. has to start somewhere. I’m sure they’ll probably adjust the rx plan and do better next cycle. Sorry thoough, I have no personal experience with this scenario.

Thank you so much for your reply!:cheer: I’m just a little sad but I do understand that this will take some time for them to get it right espcially with my PCOS.

We seem to have a similar situation. I’m 26 w/ PCOS too and my RE will not do injectables with an IUI for me unless last case scenario. He said for me that would be too risky for multiples. Maybe Clomid or Femara would work better for you if injectibles overstim. I took Femara last month and everything was great. I was with OB and now I switched to RE and he put me on Clomid.

Hope everything works out for you for your next cycle and you get your :bfp: .

[quote=laurab0621]We seem to have a similar situation. I’m 26 w/ PCOS too and my RE will not do injectables with an IUI for me unless last case scenario. He said for me that would be too risky for multiples. Maybe Clomid or Femara would work better for you if injectibles overstim. I took Femara last month and everything was great. I was with OB and now I switched to RE and he put me on Clomid.

Hope everything works out for you for your next cycle and you get your :bfp: .[/quote]

Ah, Thanks! I have tried clomid but I’m resistant to it and my RE’s clinic doesn’t use Femara. I wish I could try Femara because I have heard great things about it. I talked to my husabnd and he wants to go for another IUI because we didn’t even get to trigger. I guess I will just have to see what my dr says. Although I think she is leaning more towards us doing IVF even though we have no MF or blocked tubes.

Femara worked great with my PCOS last night but now that I am with the RE, he really wants to try Clomid. I’m kinda worried about that but this cycle almost doesn’t matter because I do not believe we will be doing an IUI. If everything come back with my husband’s karyotype test then we will be going to IVF in January rather than do another DS IUI. The only way we will do an IUI is if something comes back negative on the karyotype, which we hope does not happen. :cross: But nonetheless, the horomones will keep me regular.

I know my RE seems to think IVF will work and we will have a great chance the first time. :cross: :cross: Maybe you will too! Best of luck!

I’m 28 with PCOS and had an overstim on my first round of Gonal F (we did this after poor response to Femara twice). I did 110 x 3 days and bam – 6-8 follies, way too many.
This new cycle the doctor started me off much slower, 37.5. When not much was happening after about 10 days, we went up slowly to alternating 75 and 37.5. I had u/s and estradiol 2-3 times per week and 3 dominant follicles emerged. Once they were ahead, he had me use 75 daily for 6 days then I was ready for trigger.
I was sooooo bummed when the first cyle was cancelled but then had an excellent cycle this time. I’m testing tomorrow and feeling hopeful. I will let you know the outcome. Give Gonal F another shot, don’t go straight to IVF. I think with a more careful increase in dosing you have a good chance of having an adequate response without overstimming. Good luck and keep us updated on your decision!