For my 1st IVF, I cycled during the second half of October last year. I live on the East Coast and had to contend with Hurricane Sandy the day of my ER. We decided to stay in a hotel near the clinic the night before since I was worried about driving up there (45 min via highway) that morning when the hurricane was approaching, since it’s such a timed event. Then we ended up staying the next night because highways were shutting down during my retrieval! So stressful! Now, if I had my retrieval the following day, my entire cycle would have been canceled because the clinic was forced to close by the state! (they were able to have embryologists, etc. on site, but no patients)
So… I’m about to start my 2nd IVF cycle this coming week and I should have my retrieval/transfer towards the end of the month. Prior to baseline, I will need to start Ganirelix 3-4 days before I expect my period. I technically should have started this once daily shot last night, but because of the blizzard I got freaked out that another weather situation could happen this cycle too and decided not to cycle this month and wait for March/Spring.
Today I began doubting my decision… I feel like I’m so ready to start IVF again and don’t want to put it off yet another month. I need to make my final decision tonight since there’s still time for me start my Ganirelix this evening.
I know none of us have a crystal ball and I need to make my own decision that I can live with, but I was wondering if anyone had any words of advice for me. Thank you