Cyst on suppression check and moving forward with stims???

Hi everyone, I’m in the midst of my first IVF cycle and had my suppression check today. I had a 16mm cyst on one side but my e2 and progesterone were low and they said we will just proceed. Has anyone else done this and had a successful cycle? My protocol is BCP x 2 weeks (just finished) and then 2 vials menopur and 300 iu follistim daily and adding ganirilex at some point. My issue is diminished ovarian reserve. I’m really nervous and would love to hear some encouragement.

I’m super stressed and wondering if I should just wait for a different cycle, or maybe restart BCP? My last one was about 36 hours ago. Why is this so hard???

Good luck

[quote=hopefulfamilytoo]Hi everyone, I’m in the midst of my first IVF cycle and had my suppression check today. I had a 16mm cyst on one side but my e2 and progesterone were low and they said we will just proceed. Has anyone else done this and had a successful cycle? My protocol is BCP x 2 weeks (just finished) and then 2 vials menopur and 300 iu follistim daily and adding ganirilex at some point. My issue is diminished ovarian reserve. I’m really nervous and would love to hear some encouragement.

I’m super stressed and wondering if I should just wait for a different cycle, or maybe restart BCP? My last one was about 36 hours ago. Why is this so hard???[/quote]

I had 2 cysts and the RE drained them during ER. Good luck!:cheer: :cheer:

Thanks 1wish. I’m sorry that cycle didn’t work out for you, but it does sound like you got a good number of eggs retrieved from it. Did they say why they didn’t think that one worked?

Congrats on being PUPO! I’ll be thinking of you :).

I had a large cyst at my baseline (that had been there for nearly a year). Since it wasn’t estrogen producing they let me continue with the cycle and drained it during ER. The Dr I went to before the RE kept me on BCP for MONTHS trying to get rid of the cyst (it was a result of a femara cycle). I did end up pregnant TWICE with the cyst, once was a blighted ovum (with the dr), the second was my twins (with my RE).

Good luck!

Thanks Jedi! I’m so happy to hear about your success and that you brought home healthy twins!!!

My cyst is also just sitting there. My estrogen level was very low (? < 5). I didn’t write it down. I wish there wasn’t so much uncertainty in this. I don’t want to give up before we start trying but also don’t want to waste our $/emotional well-being/time on a cycle that crappy from the get-go. This is very encouraging!!!