Cyst removal surgery before IUI?

Good morning ladies!

This is my first post, and forgive me if i’m trying in the wrong place but I was hoping to find some ladies going through something similar…

Little about me, My husband and I have been TTC since our first (and so far only) pregnancy, which unfortunately ended in MC in April 2011. Through testing it’s been deemed that my eggs are ‘less-than-ideal’ and our best shot is to try try IUI with Clomid. However, through various ultrasounds, they found a cyst on my ovary that wasn’t going away and my fertility doctor won’t perform any IUI treatments until it’s gone. My surgery to have it removed is booked for September 6th -
My questions are for those who have had a laprascopic procedure to remove a cyst before being able to have an IUI done: What was your recovery time, and when were you given the ‘go ahead’ for your treatments afterwards?

Thanks you so much for any insight xox

[quote=Jillillis]Good morning ladies!

This is my first post, and forgive me if i’m trying in the wrong place but I was hoping to find some ladies going through something similar…

Little about me, My husband and I have been TTC since our first (and so far only) pregnancy, which unfortunately ended in MC in April 2011. Through testing it’s been deemed that my eggs are ‘less-than-ideal’ and our best shot is to try try IUI with Clomid. However, through various ultrasounds, they found a cyst on my ovary that wasn’t going away and my fertility doctor won’t perform any IUI treatments until it’s gone. My surgery to have it removed is booked for September 6th -
My questions are for those who have had a laprascopic procedure to remove a cyst before being able to have an IUI done: What was your recovery time, and when were you given the ‘go ahead’ for your treatments afterwards?

Thanks you so much for any insight xox[/quote]

Hi Jillillis~ I didn’t have cysts, but I did have a fibroid removed before starting treatments. My recovery time was pretty much nothing and I had to wait until my next cycle to start treatments even though I had it removed right when that cycle started. Good Luck and I hope it all goes well and you get your :bfp: soon!!!

Hi pdot95~ Thanks so much for your reply - I was really hoping to get the treatments started before Christmas, what a present that would be, eh?

DH’s SA came back as an A++ so i’m really hoping that IUI is our shot to get our family started! :cross:

:bsv: to you my dear!! I’m rooting for you too! :cheer: