I have been searching several forums until i found this one today. here is my story…
I was prego last year in Apr after IUI treatment, i had a rought start with my RE (rmaofnj) since they saw the sac and yolk sac thye was saying it was a week behind and developing on the slower side…but all babies develop different so we went on with thre por U/S before we were discharged to my OB. When i had my visit with my OB i told her as she did the U/S and said it looked smaller, i explained what i was told from RE and she went on to say “it’s not small you just ovlated later then they think” and changed my due date my one week. went on to have 4 glorious months waiting happily for our baby to arrive (which was EDD 1/1/2011) at 20 week U/S they found the baby had hydrochephalis and his brain did not develop, we were sent to best childrens hospital in Phlly where they did MRI on the baby and said he had suffered too much damage in brain, at 21 weeks we had to terminated pregnancy (worst experience for both hy DH an I. wiated 3 full cyvles to try to conceive again, god watching over us we conceived (no IUI help) and at 7 weeks thr OB said it didn’t develop so they gave me mediaction to miscarry :(.
we waited again 3 full cycles and again conceived by ourselves and had ectopic a 8 weeks and had to do a D&C. after this loss we decided to g back to RMA and have them help us (we figured that was what worked the first time…or womewhat anyway!
LMP was 9/28/11 and had IUI on 9/6 and 9/7, had BFP on 9 /21 which caused anxiety for DH we had just gone to cemetry to visit our little angel (1 yr anniv was 9/2) and wheni gave him the news he freaked and remembered our saga a yr ago and said he was afraid to have this baby wasn’t sure if he wanted it anymore …my live was falling apart in a matter of hours from the call frommy RE to give us the BFP nws to him telling me he wasn’t sure if he wanted this anymore :grr: .
So now i will jumps to present day…after 9/21 BFP date waited two days for another US and they saw the sac but no yolk, 5 days later went for another US and they saw the yolk sac not fetal pole, waited three more days and went in agan saw fetal pole DH cried and said he was sorry he was happy for baby but was really scred to live it all over again. told him to be positive this was going to be a healthy pregnancy god was watching over us on this one. went in for US a week later and they said i was 6weeks 1 day but baby was 5w 1d. next week came and 1 ws 7wk1kd baby crl was 6w1d and so on until the 10th week US and baby was still 1whole week behind. with such a big practice i always got differeent reasons for this but overall they all said it looked good the fact that the baby was going consistently week to week. when i was discharged i got a acall from the RE (who never once examined me or called me was never on duty or call). and she said she was concerned that baby was 1 wk behind and also my HCG lvel were dropping (week 8 were 30000, wk 9 were 24000, wk 10 were 17000).
so once in the care of my OB she sent my for US with fetal medicine dr U/S specialists and he now tells my baby NT is measuring 3. - 4 and that was his concern and also the week behind.
DH is in denial of this diagnostic and doesn’t want to talk about it…our relationship is really is a bad situation right now over these ups and downs.
is it possible that because and if it is possible that baby is in fact 1 week behind (BUT SHOULD BE) IF THE nt was done at 10 weeks culd that be what caused the #'s to e so hgh? and is it really possible that with IUI you coould be behind by a wk? My nurse at RMA said it could be possible that egg met sperm 2- days later and it also implanted later than thought.
Sorry I got keyboard happy!!