Dates, Goji berries, Yam, are they safe?

After second failed IVF 2 months ago, I decided to try acupuncture to prepare my body for the 3rd try. Two days ago, we saw a positive line for the first time in our 1 year and 7 months try. When I called the acupuncturist and I was told to stop all little Chinese herb pills. Today, I had an appointment. I was given 3 foods, Dates to eat 8-10 pieces a day, goji berries (they were too busy to explain how to take and we didn’t get a call today so I don’t know what to do with this), Yam powder drink to drink every morning.

I was looking for how to eat goji berries and found it is commonly recommended for pregnant women in China but in North America, it is better avoided.

Chinese yam is also to be avoided in North America.

Dates is for folic acid, but prenatal vitamin already contains 1000mg. Is overdose safe?

So, until I go there next time, I decided not to take any. I will be out of country so I cannot call to ask. Is there anyone who have taken or heard of them?

Congrats on your positive pregnancy test! Have you made any further decisions on those 3 food items? I don’t know much about any of them, except that I love to eat dates :slight_smile: And I don’t put much stock in what North America is avoiding. I’d say, if the acupuncturist says to eat it, eat it! I’d love an update on what you decided to do.

I hope I can return those 3 foods, they are untouched…it ended in chemical sadly while I was in California, away from DH for 1 week vacation with a gf.

We can try twice before going back to RE, waiting for another miracle.