DE Girls!

I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are moving onto DE, considering DE, have chosen DE and are cycling or who already have their DE babies!

For those of us who are entering the DE world, we need the positive examples of our DE Sisters!

For those who are still figuring out what’s next… we want this to be the place to help “work it out”

For those who have done DE cycles and either have or working on your :bfp: … we want this thread to be a place for support and encouragement!

For those who have DE children… we want this thread to be a place where your advice and expertise (the good and the bad) will be shared and put to good use! :slight_smile:

There is already an ongoing thread for this. Check it out.

Hey Omega!!

How are you doing? I have been watching your journey in lurk mode for a few months. You have gone through so much! Glad you are moving forward. I also bought one of your pom charms - love it!

I will be going to RBA for Frozen DE in Atlanta this week. DH gave his sample today and we find out our fert report tomorrow. I will head out there on Wed and hope for a 5 day transfer on Sat. It is still surreal and doesn’t seem possible that it could work based on past experiences. But I’m trying to become hopeful. Getting to the DE point is hard - not gonna lie about that. I still struggle with it. My friends with DE babies still struggle with it. But what they tell me is that they really can’t imagine loving that baby more. They only mourn the lack of genetic connection and the vain loss of making yourself last on this earth through someone else. However, reading what I have on epigenetics, I know now that if you put that embryo in someone else besides me it will turn out differently. Knowing how much we influence how that baby develops, what genes come to the surface, etc. makes it a little easier to deal with.

Would love to hear what you are doing next. You still have an FET scheduled right?

Rie

fertoki - could you link to the thread?

I didn’t see one specifically about this topic…
Thanks!

Hey Rie,

I’m sorry I haven’t posted… For some reason the forum doesn’t send me email notifications anymore like it used to … :frowning:

I’m doing my FET 1/9/12 and then one more for my “2-3”… THEN DE…

I didn’t see the thread either… :slight_smile:

I’m so happy you like your POM Charm! I’ve got mine on as I type :slight_smile: I never take it off… lol

Hi Girls here is a link to the Donor Egg thread that people have been referring to http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/donor-issues-egg-sperm/2020184292-ivf-cycle-de-ii.html

Thanks! I have trouble copying and pasting on the iPad.

They all seem so much more advanced over there! I wanted to have a thread where those of us who are thinking about DE or just beginning the search process would be able to talk/share feelings… If they don’t mind over there, that’s cool too… I just thought since they are talking about lining issues, etc. they may not want to be bothered…lol

[quote=Omegagirl]I wanted to start a thread for those of us who are moving onto DE, considering DE, have chosen DE and are cycling or who already have their DE babies!

For those of us who are entering the DE world, we need the positive examples of our DE Sisters!

For those who are still figuring out what’s next… we want this to be the place to help “work it out”

For those who have done DE cycles and either have or working on your :bfp: … we want this thread to be a place for support and encouragement!

For those who have DE children… we want this thread to be a place where your advice and expertise (the good and the bad) will be shared and put to good use! :)[/quote]

How is the other thread more advanced than your stated objectives for this one?

I went from begining to baby with the ladies and gents in the other thread. We are not bothered by any part of the DE journey.

Most of the talk there was about lining and specific cycling issues-women who have already begun the process, that’s all…

For those who aren’t sure what their next step is, I just thought we could chat about it someplace where we aren’t poking in and talking about our issues/fears on moving to DE with people who are mid cycle.

No diss to that thread, didn’t even know it existed actually… I’ll read more over there and see how it feels :slight_smile:

Thanks!

[QUOTE=~Twilight~]How is the other thread more advanced than your stated objectives for this one?

I went from begining to baby with the ladies and gents in the other thread. We are not bothered by any part of the DE journey.[/QUOTE]

[quote=Omegagirl]Most of the talk there was about lining and specific cycling issues-women who have already begun the process, that’s all…

For those who aren’t sure what their next step is, I just thought we could chat about it someplace where we aren’t poking in and talking about our issues/fears on moving to DE with people who are mid cycle.

No diss to that thread, didn’t even know it existed actually… I’ll read more over there and see how it feels :slight_smile:

Thanks![/quote]

I understand where you are coming from. I “joined” the group towards the end of July when our doc told us that our best chance of having the family we desired would be with donor eggs. I was NOT ready to make that decision at that point, but was interested in learning more about the process.

I posted honestly about my intents to try one more OE IVF. The ladies on the thread were 100% supportive of my efforts/feelings and continued to support me way more than my “IVF October board” ladies did! When it failed before the ER, they were my best supports then as well. (Can’t say much support was given on the other board…)

Even before I committed to DE, I felt more of a “part” of the DE thread than I ever did on the IVF threads. These ladies WILL welcome you, but you have to contribute to the thread! I doubt I would ever have accepted the DE fate were it not for the ladies on the DE thread. They “led” me in that direction with their joy and perserverance in their own struggles…NOT with pushy posts.

Please join. I’m one of 3 or 4 30-somethings on the boards. I think I am the only one with a normal FSH and normal AMH. I ovulate and I’m free of tubal issues, PCOS, endometriosis, etc. Heck…I’m supposed to be “normal!” In most ways…I just don’t fit into the group. Yet, somehow, I do! I even consider many of these ladies my friends and am having dinner with them over the Christmas holidays!

Making the decision for DE is sheer torture…and I have struggled for several months. Only now that I’m in my mock-cycle am I actually “ok” with moving forward. It’s a HARD process (especially when papers say I’m good…but egg response differs in opinion)! In the end though (once the hormones and emotions settled down), my decision was really simple… Do I want a baby with my genes at the expense of my career and everything I’ve ever worked towards (odds of pregnancy even at CCRM were “poor” and “expect 2-3 cycles to have any hope”)…OR…Do I want a baby/family ASAP? I chose the later and since I did…I have a tremendous amount of peace. (Yes, I still question things at times…but I’m not turning back now.) Obviously, my husband supported me in whatever decision I made.

Best wishes on your decisions and please join in on the other thread!

I have a Chihuahua too! His name is Mochi. He’s actually a Chi/MinPin mix… so he looks like a tall Chihuahua :slight_smile:

Thanks for your input and thoughts… I guess since I still have 2 FET’s to do before I’m able to move on I wanted a “pre DE” convo… Most of the time when I bring up DE, people have to remind me that I still have 7 embryo’s waiting for me.

As I get closer to DE time I will jump over there and say hello :slight_smile:

Good luck with your mock cycle!

[quote=Omegagirl]I have a Chihuahua too! His name is Mochi. He’s actually a Chi/MinPin mix… so he looks like a tall Chihuahua :slight_smile:
Thanks for your input and thoughts… I guess since I still have 2 FET’s to do before I’m able to move on I wanted a “pre DE” convo… Most of the time when I bring up DE, people have to remind me that I still have 7 embryo’s waiting for me.
As I get closer to DE time I will jump over there and say hello :slight_smile:
Good luck with your mock cycle![/quote]

My chihuahua is the old breed standard, so he’s actually 11.5 pounds. He’s a great dog and we love him dearly!

I’d say with 7 embryos, you have a LONG way to go before donor eggs! Hopefully you won’t even need to worry about them!

Best of luck!

Awww… Mochi is only 6 lbs. He looks like a little deer… He’s actually Bambi for halloween each year :slight_smile:

I know… I have at least 6 months to go… They put a lot in me though, last time 5 since I’m so old…

My “2-3” they are giving me a 40% chance with… so… :cross:

[QUOTE=lucyddr]My chihuahua is the old breed standard, so he’s actually 11.5 pounds. He’s a great dog and we love him dearly!

I’d say with 7 embryos, you have a LONG way to go before donor eggs! Hopefully you won’t even need to worry about them!

Best of luck![/QUOTE]

Hi Omegagirl,

I think this thread is a good idea. I certainly fit into this category as I just had a m/c last week and am done with my own eggs. Have already consulted with CNY re: donor eggs but am having issues as to what to do and how to move forward. I think I am just EXHAUSTED and spent after trying so hard to have my take home baby these past two years. I feel kind of stuck…maybe it’s just about coming to the absolute realization that I will not have my OE baby. I don’t know…but am working through it all.

BTW…I lurk on occassion on the CCRM board and LOVE your POM idea and charms!! What a wonderful thing you are doing. All the best on your upcoming FET…you just never know :cross:

LucyDr…I was also on teh October IVF thread…I THINK I know what you mean :wink: I hope you are doing well.

Thanks for starting this thread. I’m “only” 34 but have severe egg quality issues. Definite PCOS before my son was born (IVF #1) randomly seemed to correct itself, but my egg quality still sucks. Am going through anonther M/C, my doctor thinks it is likely chromosomally abnormal. Very strange place we find ourselves.

Opinions wanted:

I just found out my chosen donor (had a cycle in December) had 17 eggs retrieved. I know because she is only 25 that the quality of her eggs will be better than mine and I have to preface this by saying that we are pretty content with our choice of donor (perfect ethnic match for me). But, after finding out about the number of eggs retrieved (still waiting to hear the outcome of pregnancy), I was thinking that it seemed odd because at the age of 40, they retrieved 25 eggs from me (no known issues, just old). Again, I know that the quality is probably more an issue with mine than hers, but would this make you question your choice of donor?

My RE told me that the number of eggs retrieved from me, the number fertilized and the number that continued to develop was on par with averages of women in their early 30’s. I don’t want to risk our money on my eggs, but now I’m questioning if we should try another donor.

Also, another issue developed (I’m going through a service, which charges a fee on top of the fee to the donor) where the donor has the antigen for Hepatitis (not sure which one, but I assume A, since they told me that it was because she was vaccinated for it.).

I know this sounds kind of weird, but for the amount of money I’d be paying for donor eggs, 1) I’d want to get 25-30 eggs and 2) I wouldn’t want any Hepatitis issues.

Would you go back to the drawing board and pick another donor (hard to find the ethnic match for me in my part of the country) or would you stick with this one?

Crossfitgirl - You might want to post this on the more active IVF Cycle with DE II

http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/donor-issues-egg-sperm/2020184292-ivf-cycle-de-ii-1688.html

Good luck with your decision!

Cross fit: yes, I would post this on the IVF with DE thread.

But I think 17 eggs sound good. From my donor we got 12 eggs, 11 fertilized. I am pregnant, (we put in two) and 4 others made it to freeze. She had donated before, and that couple also got pregnant. I thought I heard once when they get too many eggs, they are often poor quality? But my clinic was pleased with my amount, and felt they were very good quality. I would stick with her!

[quote=CrossFitGirl]Opinions wanted:

I just found out my chosen donor (had a cycle in December) had 17 eggs retrieved. I know because she is only 25 that the quality of her eggs will be better than mine and I have to preface this by saying that we are pretty content with our choice of donor (perfect ethnic match for me). But, after finding out about the number of eggs retrieved (still waiting to hear the outcome of pregnancy), I was thinking that it seemed odd because at the age of 40, they retrieved 25 eggs from me (no known issues, just old). Again, I know that the quality is probably more an issue with mine than hers, but would this make you question your choice of donor?

My RE told me that the number of eggs retrieved from me, the number fertilized and the number that continued to develop was on par with averages of women in their early 30’s. I don’t want to risk our money on my eggs, but now I’m questioning if we should try another donor.

Also, another issue developed (I’m going through a service, which charges a fee on top of the fee to the donor) where the donor has the antigen for Hepatitis (not sure which one, but I assume A, since they told me that it was because she was vaccinated for it.).

I know this sounds kind of weird, but for the amount of money I’d be paying for donor eggs, 1) I’d want to get 25-30 eggs and 2) I wouldn’t want any Hepatitis issues.
Would you go back to the drawing board and pick another donor (hard to find the ethnic match for me in my part of the country) or would you stick with this one?[/quote]

I’d certainly take her from a “production” standpoint. From a hepatitis standpoint, I would ask further questions.

My current donor had 17 mature eggs retrieved, 16 fertilized and made 16 A and B grade embryos. As far as I’m aware, a “good” harvest for a donor is 15-20 mature eggs. Anything more could hyperstimulate her. If donors are miserable, they are unlikely to donate again. So…I think your donor sounds great! (Like you, I made more on my first OE IVF…had 2 embryos…BFN.)

As you see on the boards all the time…it’s all about quality not quantity!