Dec 2013/Jan/Feb 2014: Over 35 Due Date Buddies

Anyone out there who wants to start an over-35 due date group for the winter?

Always a bit scared…

to join due date threads, but, yes, if everything goes well, I will be here.

We already know each other’s stories pretty well, Cannady. Just chilling out now, not in top form, upset stomach most of the day, the memory of my bleeding scare from last week, will see how it goes. I had a really horrible pregnancy with my second son, with 7 months of morning sickness and 4 months of blinding headaches. Then again, my miscarried pregnancy produced hardly any symptoms, so really hoping to end up somewhere in the middle this time.:slight_smile:

Hi, Apple. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’m scared to join due date threads, too, but since we’re doing DE, I’m less scared than I was.

I’m glad your scare is over. Mine ended as soon as I took my progesterone dose, so here’s to hoping that’s all it was. (I kinda wanted another Beta before the ultrasound, just to make sure all was well… I’d hate to go to the u/s and see nothing… :frowning: )

It’s quiet here now, but I expect it will pick up once people start relaxing into their dates…

[QUOTE=Appletree]to join due date threads, but, yes, if everything goes well, I will be here.

We already know each other’s stories pretty well, Cannady. Just chilling out now, not in top form, upset stomach most of the day, the memory of my bleeding scare from last week, will see how it goes. I had a really horrible pregnancy with my second son, with 7 months of morning sickness and 4 months of blinding headaches. Then again, my miscarried pregnancy produced hardly any symptoms, so really hoping to end up somewhere in the middle this time.:)[/QUOTE]

Yes, a lot of us are cautious at the beginning.

My next u/s is on 04/17, too. Don’t like that date. I have become superstitious about dates, pretty silly, I know.

Other than that it looks OK. My best friend is coming this Saturday, from Hungary, my home country. She is going to stay with us for 10 days, so that will keep me busy. I have been planning all kinds of things for us, my kids will also be off for spring break. These days, though, I have been increasingly miserable, so will see how much of it we can actually do.

I’m sorry you don’t like the date… just remember that dates are just a human invention and the embryos aren’t concerned with them. :slight_smile: I’m crossing my fingers for both of us. I think we will be ok. My symptoms are only food aversion right now, but they’re definitely there.

Have fun with your friend from Hungary!

[QUOTE=Appletree]Yes, a lot of us are cautious at the beginning.

My next u/s is on 04/17, too. Don’t like that date. I have become superstitious about dates, pretty silly, I know.

Other than that it looks OK. My best friend is coming this Saturday, from Hungary, my home country. She is going to stay with us for 10 days, so that will keep me busy. I have been planning all kinds of things for us, my kids will also be off for spring break. These days, though, I have been increasingly miserable, so will see how much of it we can actually do.[/QUOTE]

We actually moved it up because next Wednesday would not have worked, my younger son has a special gymnastic training session due to the soring break. So i had my us yesterday @ 8 weeks. Baby looked great, heart rate was strong, 180. We finally identified the clot, too. It is small and not around the baby, sitting right above the cervix, so I may continue to bleed/spot ( had a little spotting last night.) It’s not great, but I think this way I can deal with it. Knowing what it is etc.

I am very sick though. This is why I was so terribly anxious about my last pregnancy in the fall, which ended in mc. I was just. A bit sick, but not as debilitatingly as what I remembered with my big boys. Well, now it is here. All-day nauseau, vomitting, total exhaustion and not able to eat anything. Hoping it is a good sign and that it will not last as long as it did with my younger son because then I will have no summer to enjoy.

Have a good weekend. Your u/s date is coming up quickly.

Well, I have virtually no symptoms at all, so that’s a little worrisome. Ultrasound is tomorrow, not wednesday. I had the wrong date. :slight_smile: I should be grateful for no symptoms, I guess, but a little more food aversion or nausea would be nice, just to let me know I’ve still got normal stuff going on!

Congrats on the good heart rate! Glad to know where the clot is and what to expect, too… that’s reassuring, maybe?

[quote=Appletree]We actually moved it up because next Wednesday would not have worked, my younger son has a special gymnastic training session due to the soring break. So i had my us yesterday @ 8 weeks. Baby looked great, heart rate was strong, 180. We finally identified the clot, too. It is small and not around the baby, sitting right above the cervix, so I may continue to bleed/spot ( had a little spotting last night.) It’s not great, but I think this way I can deal with it. Knowing what it is etc.

I am very sick though. This is why I was so terribly anxious about my last pregnancy in the fall, which ended in mc. I was just. A bit sick, but not as debilitatingly as what I remembered with my big boys. Well, now it is here. All-day nauseau, vomitting, total exhaustion and not able to eat anything. Hoping it is a good sign and that it will not last as long as it did with my younger son because then I will have no summer to enjoy.

Have a good weekend. Your u/s date is coming up quickly.[/quote]

[QUOTE=Cannady]Well, I have virtually no symptoms at all, so that’s a little worrisome. Ultrasound is tomorrow, not wednesday. I had the wrong date. :slight_smile: I should be grateful for no symptoms, I guess, but a little more food aversion or nausea would be nice, just to let me know I’ve still got normal stuff going on!

Congrats on the good heart rate! Glad to know where the clot is and what to expect, too… that’s reassuring, maybe?[/QUOTE]

Good luck on your u/s tomorrow, you will get to see the baby and hear the heartbeat.:slight_smile:

I did not get bad symptoms until the 7th week either, but it has been downhill since. My mom and my sister never had any morning sickness, I have had it with my love births and seem to be having it with this pregnancy. But my sister never had any and she has three kids.

I am still cautiously optimistic, will not really fully let myself believe in it until the end of the first trimester. Omly then will we tell our kids, too. I am sometimes worried about how they will react. They are big boys by now, don’t think that having a baby bother or sister was their Christmas wish.:slight_smile: oh well, we wil see.

Will tou do any of the genetic screening at 12-16 weeeks? Which ones, if any? I honestly dont’t know.

Normal ultrasound

Hi all -

Yesterday’s ultrasound was normal, and we both saw and heart the heart beat. Kinda crazy. There also might be a second sac, but they couldn’t be sure if it might also just be a blob in the placenta. Given that we only transferred one embryo, it would be pretty hilarious if it split and became identicals. We’ll know more next week.

CRL was just under 8mm, at 6wks6days. Due date is currently 12/5/2013.

[QUOTE=Cannady]Hi all -

Yesterday’s ultrasound was normal, and we both saw and heart the heart beat. Kinda crazy. There also might be a second sac, but they couldn’t be sure if it might also just be a blob in the placenta. Given that we only transferred one embryo, it would be pretty hilarious if it split and became identicals. We’ll know more next week.

CRL was just under 8mm, at 6wks6days. Due date is currently 12/5/2013.[/QUOTE]

I saw your update on the 40+ board. You wanted a sibling, didn’t you? You just might get your wish a bit prematurely.:slight_smile: i am not sure how I would feel about twins. We transferred two and as soon as I got my :bfp: i started stressing out about two things: will it really stick and oh, my God, what if it is twins? I have had two kids, the sheer amount of work that I can envision with two scares me. But then again, we are not planning on another pregnancy, so for this baby it would have been better to have a twin, his/her big brothers are so much older than him/her. When we saw the signleton, I was both relieved and a bit sad, rather disappointed. But now, after the bleeding scares and being so miserable with morning sickness, I guess I am happy.

Had my u/s today, everything looked good. The baby has grown so much since last time. One more us next week, then I will be released. Can stop progesterone and estrogen Sunday, he will check my levels on Wednesday and then I can hopefully go off to my OB. Would not mind if the weekly bloodwork came to an end. Have very tiny veins, today, too, it took them 4 attempts to get some blood.

I am starting to have a small belly. Somewhat concerning, this early. I did not show with my second one until i was into my fifth month. Oh well, as long as things go OK.

When is your next u/s?

Appletree,

We didn’t want twins, no. We wanted the possibility of a sibling one day, but we hadn’t even decided on that. We can’t afford twins, unless we sell our house and one of us quits our job. The medical concerns would be an issue, too, in addition to the increased difficulty with breast feeding. My Dh is a paramedic, and has had more than his share of emergencies due to multiples. I’d rather not have to have preemies in the hospital for 2 or 3 months, you know?

However, if it’s identical twins, then that’s that. We’ll have to adjust and figure something out. We did everything we could to avoid multiples by only transferring one embryo. So, we’d figure it out.

I don’t think it will be multiples, though. I actually think next week will just show a singleton. I’ve had no symptoms, really, so I doubt it’s twins.

Next ultrasound is Wednesday.

I’m glad your scares and bleeding are over… knock on wood this all stays stress-free from now on. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Appletree]I saw your update on the 40+ board. You wanted a sibling, didn’t you? You just might get your wish a bit prematurely.:slight_smile: i am not sure how I would feel about twins. We transferred two and as soon as I got my :bfp: i started stressing out about two things: will it really stick and oh, my God, what if it is twins? I have had two kids, the sheer amount of work that I can envision with two scares me. But then again, we are not planning on another pregnancy, so for this baby it would have been better to have a twin, his/her big brothers are so much older than him/her. When we saw the signleton, I was both relieved and a bit sad, rather disappointed. But now, after the bleeding scares and being so miserable with morning sickness, I guess I am happy.

Had my u/s today, everything looked good. The baby has grown so much since last time. One more us next week, then I will be released. Can stop progesterone and estrogen Sunday, he will check my levels on Wednesday and then I can hopefully go off to my OB. Would not mind if the weekly bloodwork came to an end. Have very tiny veins, today, too, it took them 4 attempts to get some blood.

I am starting to have a small belly. Somewhat concerning, this early. I did not show with my second one until i was into my fifth month. Oh well, as long as things go OK.

When is your next u/s?[/QUOTE]

Yes, of course, I know how difficult twins would be. I would be very scared to have them. The medical risks in the short-term and the financial burden in the long-term. I know you did not want t have multiples. I really hope whatever way it goes, it will give you guys what you have been hoping for all this time.

I still have episodes of spotting so it is not entirely gone, but it has become almost ‘normal’ for me. Hopefully it will go away in due time.

I find myself a little scared though. Of what it is going to be to have a small baby again. How it is going to fit into our crazy lives that now fully revolve around the needs of the older kids: drives to school, playdates, sports, music lessons. My younger son is a gymnast and trains 3 times a week, long hours, 30 minutes from where we live and we have to travel a lot for competitions during meet season. we also have to add a room or two to our house, too small even now, no room even for a tiny baby.:slight_smile: Well, will see. We managed with the first two, too.

[quote=Cannady]Appletree,

We didn’t want twins, no. We wanted the possibility of a sibling one day, but we hadn’t even decided on that. We can’t afford twins, unless we sell our house and one of us quits our job. The medical concerns would be an issue, too, in addition to the increased difficulty with breast feeding. My Dh is a paramedic, and has had more than his share of emergencies due to multiples. I’d rather not have to have preemies in the hospital for 2 or 3 months, you know?

However, if it’s identical twins, then that’s that. We’ll have to adjust and figure something out. We did everything we could to avoid multiples by only transferring one embryo. So, we’d figure it out.

I don’t think it will be multiples, though. I actually think next week will just show a singleton. I’ve had no symptoms, really, so I doubt it’s twins.

Next ultrasound is Wednesday.

I’m glad your scares and bleeding are over… knock on wood this all stays stress-free from now on. :)[/quote]

Hi ladies…

I find myself freaking again too… I am fearful that the baby stopped growing… I don’t know why. Maybe BC of the lack of symptoms… I had a hard time falling asleep last night. I guess its out of my hands…

As for twins. When we saw 2 sacs we did freak. I mean if it was two great… you get it over with and we deal, but 1. financially …It would be a real burden and we would have to leave the tri-state area… and 2. I consider myself too fat and too old for twins LOL

RE- thinks Im crazy. I just wish I could relax… I pray for peace and acceptance. I am hoping i get it.

I know what you mean. Try to relax, really. I know it is so hard to do. I was pregnant in September with OE, I did not have a single moment of peace. I lost the pregnancy, no wonder, all the stress that I out myself through would have probably aborted the strongest embryo.

I try to be more relaxed this time around. Although this is DE, I am still anxious. It does not help that I am just hitting the time when my fall embie stopped growing. The RE says: great heartbeat, 179. And I am like: oh my god, that sounds way too high, something must be wrong. Or I worry about how my gest sac is behind where I am, that it will be too small, that must mean something bad. No end to the worry.

So funny (or sad), I remember with both of my natural pregnancies, there were times when the doctor commented on the baby being too small and that being of some concern. Especially with my second one, he was small all through the pregnancy. And I never worried, not for a minute. I was more like: stupid doc, he has no idea what he is talking about, why would my baby be small? I did not know anyone who would have lost a baby, nor was I aware of anyone who struggled to have one. My sister, my friends, my cousin, they were all mothers without issues and struggles. (Or maybe I was just not aware of anything.)

So I think a lot of it is because we have been exposed to so much negative experience, both our own and others’ around here. So maybe we should just focus on the ‘natural’, normal things of pregnancy.

Have any of you gained any weight yet? A small bump? I have not gained, but have a tiny little bump. I know it sounds shallow, but I am afraid of ballooning and not being able to lose the weight afterwards. I am also concerned about stretchmarks. I have a few from my prior pregnancies, they seem to dangerously deepen already, especially the ones on my breasts. They are deep gashes. My skin also itches and hurts, especially by evening, on my breasts and tummy-hip area.

I cannot seem to drink enough. When we started trying, I gave up Diet Coke and since then I have not really had a ‘drink of choice’. Tried everything: teas, juices, water, flavored water, nothing came close to my beloved Diet Coke. Now it is even worse, tea is out of question, even the thought makes me throw up. Juices are too sweet. I know I am not drinking enough and it is probably not good. Tried milk, but keep throwing it up.

[quote=NYHOPEA]Hi ladies…

I find myself freaking again too… I am fearful that the baby stopped growing… I don’t know why. Maybe BC of the lack of symptoms… I had a hard time falling asleep last night. I guess its out of my hands…

As for twins. When we saw 2 sacs we did freak. I mean if it was two great… you get it over with and we deal, but 1. financially …It would be a real burden and we would have to leave the tri-state area… and 2. I consider myself too fat and too old for twins LOL

RE- thinks Im crazy. I just wish I could relax… I pray for peace and acceptance. I am hoping i get it.[/quote]

[quote=Appletree]I know what you mean. Try to relax, really. I know it is so hard to do. I was pregnant in September with OE, I did not have a single moment of peace. I lost the pregnancy, no wonder, all the stress that I out myself through would have probably aborted the strongest embryo.

I try to be more relaxed this time around. Although this is DE, I am still anxious. It does not help that I am just hitting the time when my fall embie stopped growing. The RE says: great heartbeat, 179. And I am like: oh my god, that sounds way too high, something must be wrong. Or I worry about how my gest sac is behind where I am, that it will be too small, that must mean something bad. No end to the worry.

So funny (or sad), I remember with both of my natural pregnancies, there were times when the doctor commented on the baby being too small and that being of some concern. Especially with my second one, he was small all through the pregnancy. And I never worried, not for a minute. I was more like: stupid doc, he has no idea what he is talking about, why would my baby be small? I did not know anyone who would have lost a baby, nor was I aware of anyone who struggled to have one. My sister, my friends, my cousin, they were all mothers without issues and struggles. (Or maybe I was just not aware of anything.)

So I think a lot of it is because we have been exposed to so much negative experience, both our own and others’ around here. So maybe we should just focus on the ‘natural’, normal things of pregnancy.

Have any of you gained any weight yet? A small bump? I have not gained, but have a tiny little bump. I know it sounds shallow, but I am afraid of ballooning and not being able to lose the weight afterwards. I am also concerned about stretchmarks. I have a few from my prior pregnancies, they seem to dangerously deepen already, especially the ones on my breasts. They are deep gashes. My skin also itches and hurts, especially by evening, on my breasts and tummy-hip area.

I cannot seem to drink enough. When we started trying, I gave up Diet Coke and since then I have not really had a ‘drink of choice’. Tried everything: teas, juices, water, flavored water, nothing came close to my beloved Diet Coke. Now it is even worse, tea is out of question, even the thought makes me throw up. Juices are too sweet. I know I am not drinking enough and it is probably not good. Tried milk, but keep throwing it up.[/quote]

Ive actually lost weight. I had no appetite for the first few weeks… Its startign to come back. some one said to me the other day that I looked like I lost weight. I was laughing inside.

I have to tell you that the fact that you had three US with heart beat and still had an issue is what scares the crap out of me… did they find out what happened or why you misscarried so far along?

[quote=Appletree]I know what you mean. Try to relax, really. I know it is so hard to do. I was pregnant in September with OE, I did not have a single moment of peace. I lost the pregnancy, no wonder, all the stress that I out myself through would have probably aborted the strongest embryo.

I cannot seem to drink enough. When we started trying, I gave up Diet Coke and since then I have not really had a ‘drink of choice’. Tried everything: teas, juices, water, flavored water, nothing came close to my beloved Diet Coke. Now it is even worse, tea is out of question, even the thought makes me throw up. Juices are too sweet. I know I am not drinking enough and it is probably not good. Tried milk, but keep throwing it up.[/quote]

How far along are you? that is a great heartbeat. Mine is much less.

[QUOTE=NYHOPEA]Ive actually lost weight. I had no appetite for the first few weeks… Its startign to come back. some one said to me the other day that I looked like I lost weight. I was laughing inside.

I have to tell you that the fact that you had three US with heart beat and still had an issue is what scares the crap out of me… did they find out what happened or why you misscarried so far along?[/QUOTE]

Don’t worry about my past miscarriage. It was probably like Baby B, just took longer to give up. Before my 3 ‘perfect’ sonograms, I had one around 6w3d when they saw and measures the baby with the flicker, but the heart rate seemed to be very low. When she tried to measure it, she measured it at 55, but then said it is not a reliable measurement and I should come back in a few days. I did and the heart rate was considerably up. But i think that early very low heart rate was a clear sign that there was something wrong. Subsequently I read some studies that an inital hear rate at 6 weeks below 80 almost always ends in ‘fetal demise’ even if subsequent heart rates are normal. So I think it was clearly a case of chromosomal issues. Never got it tested, I chose to miscarry naturally. But given my earlier blighted ovum pregnancy, my age coupled with my history as a smoker ( not any more, but for way too long, looking back ) probably damaged my eggs.

I don’t think you should worry about that. I got pregnant on my second IVF, with one egg out of only 4 ever retrieved, so that being a bad egg is way within the statistics at my age. I am sure that had I tried a few more times, it would have worked. I just did not want to go through re miscarriages, I seem to get pregnant even with imperfect embryos, so would probably happen again. Money and time were also considerations. You have produced a lot of eggs, I am sure that Baby A is one of your golden ones. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=NYHOPEA]How far along are you? that is a great heartbeat. Mine is much less.[/QUOTE]

I am 8w6d today. We did not measure the heart rate at 5w5d, at 6w5d it was 137, 7w5d 180. A day ago 179. So it changes from week to week. At 7 weeks my RE said anything between 100 and 140 is normal. And you know what else they say? Lower rates mean a baby boy, higher a baby girl. I would actually be OK with that, I would love to have a girl. Although I think for the baby it would be better to be born a boy, easier to relate to the big brothers in the family. Or maybe the opposite, as a little boy, he would always feel inadequate, too little, not able to do anything the big ones can do. As a girl, she would be free from some of that crazy competition that I saw between my big boys. There, too, the age difference was 6 years, still.

What would you, guys like to have?

[quote=Appletree]I am 8w6d today. We did not measure the heart rate at 5w5d, at 6w5d it was 137, 7w5d 180. A day ago 179. So it changes from week to week. At 7 weeks my RE said anything between 100 and 140 is normal. And you know what else they say? Lower rates mean a baby boy, higher a baby girl. I would actually be OK with that, I would love to have a girl. Although I think for the baby it would be better to be born a boy, easier to relate to the big brothers in the family. Or maybe the opposite, as a little boy, he would always feel inadequate, too little, not able to do anything the big ones can do. As a girl, she would be free from some of that crazy competition that I saw between my big boys. There, too, the age difference was 6 years, still.

What would you, guys like to have?[/quote]

My mom said her spirt guide LOL told her its a girl. I think its a boy… Mom swears by girl. I really want the baby to be healthy and ok… But my mom has a grandson and this would be it for her, so if its a girl I would be happy. I swear my DH would prefer a girl.

[QUOTE=NYHOPEA]My mom said her spirt guide LOL told her its a girl. I think its a boy… Mom swears by girl. I really want the baby to be healthy and ok… But my mom has a grandson and this would be it for her, so if its a girl I would be happy. I swear my DH would prefer a girl.[/QUOTE]

When is your next u/s?

My parents have 5 grandsons from their two daughters, so I guess it is time for a little girl for this family.:slight_smile: my big boys don’t know yet, but I think my younger one would definitely prefer a brother whom he could ‘initiate’ into the ways of life such as videogames, cool toys, legos etc.