December 2015 Cycle Buddies

Hey, ladies! December is a great month for conception. Let’s do it!
My IUI will probably be around the 12th. Perfect timing for a Christmas test date.

Woohoo! So is your RE going to pay MORE attention this month so you don’t miss ovulation again? C’mon, Christmas babies!

So I think when I go for my day 11 ultrasound (hopefully before ovulation), I’m just going to ask for a blood test to check LH rather than opk. One of my first IUI’s we did both urine and blood test. The urine test was so close to positive but iffy. The blood test was way past positive.

Jenn: IUI 12/1, beta 12/15
Christine: IUI 12/12, beta 12/26
Who else? Who else?

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1792061, member: 85016”]Jenn: IUI 12/1, beta 12/15
Christine: IUI 12/12, beta 12/26
Who else? Who else?[/QUOTE]
Just had my IUI. Now I am laying here for my 20 minutes. Everything went very well. Let the TWO begin!!!

Good luck ladies!!!

Jennbg how exciting…if my beta is negative which likely is probably do one more round iui clomid and Ovidrel in December…I received a call from dr yesterday and he said no need to change meds etc…annoying. He said next step would be IVF which is frustrating and expensive. I need to try to be optimistic lol. Started 21 day fix 4 days ago to vent my frustration.:eek: Just found out my friend is pregnant…she got prego first iui no meds using donor sperm. There is hope!!

The 21 day fix is pretty awesome! … Why on earth is your Dr. jumping straight from Clomid to IVF?

I broke down and bought some expensive OPKs. I can’t stand the idea of using the cheapies again. Clear blue, 20 sticks, $30! I could have gotten a million cheapies for that. Oh well, I’m going for broke this time. Lol

I feel the same way!!

Oh my gosh! I’m freaking out!! I called to make my appointment, they want me to start injections. I can’t even believe it. My doc seems to be catching on!
So what do I expect?? Beside it costing a small fortune?
I guess it’s time I talked to my boss…

Why are they starting you with injections instead of Clomid or Femara or something? What is with the crazypants doctors?!?

But yeah, if your insurance doesn’t cover any of it it’s kind of expensive, but you can shop around; there’s some places that are a lot cheaper than others (IVFmeds.com maybe?) How much it’ll cost depends on how much of it you have to take. Expect to have to learn to give yourself belly shots. The needles are tiny and you barely feel them. You’ll be monitored a whole lot more often; I think I had four ultrasounds total last cycle, plus bloodwork with all of them to check my hormone levels. They do (or should) watch you a whole lot more closely if you’re taking them because of superovulation complications.

THANK YOU! You’re amazing, LG! I really appreciate your knowledge and experience. Are you still not feeling too great?
I’m trying not to worry (hahahaha!). I know you understand that!
Honestly I’m glad my doc has gone crazy! I’m so ready to take the leap. I finally feel like I have a real chance again. I go in Friday to watch videos and get the tutorial, as well as estimated costs and Q&A session.

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1792094, member: 85016”]THANK YOU! You’re amazing, LG! I really appreciate your knowledge and experience. Are you still not feeling too great?
I’m trying not to worry (hahahaha!). I know you understand that!
Honestly I’m glad my doc has gone crazy! I’m so ready to take the leap. I finally feel like I have a real chance again. I go in Friday to watch videos and get the tutorial, as well as estimated costs and Q&A session.[/QUOTE]

Ah, it comes and goes. Although I woke up in the middle of the night last night convinced I was going to puke up lava. Spent a few very panicked seconds hunting around blindly in the medicine cabinet for Tums, afraid someone had EATEN them all and not said anything… Mostly though I’m tired. And missing things like Nyquil.

Injectables do increase your chances. Technically any kind of medicated cycle probably has better odds than an unmedicated cycle simply because they usually give you more follicles, though I dunno how many your doctor will be comfortable letting you proceed with. But in general it SOUNDS (and even looks) more complicated and intimidating than it is.

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1792091, member: 85016”]Oh my gosh! I’m freaking out!! I called to make my appointment, they want me to start injections. I can’t even believe it. My doc seems to be catching on!
So what do I expect?? Beside it costing a small fortune?
I guess it’s time I talked to my boss…[/QUOTE]
Yes, I agree with LookingGlass, the injections are pretty easy to give to yourself and the results are better than with Clomid. The only side effects I have had was minor cramping in the ovaries. But my lining was 9.75 on my last ultrasound which is fantastic for me. That is why my doc did not even have me do any Clomid this time was because it thinned my lining so much. This is so exciting for you!!!

Hi everyone…had a meltdown on the phone with the nurse today. Looks like I was wrong and my Dr recommends only clomid and iui this month as I ovulated 3 mature follicles. Annoying why would I want to do a step backwards. So…we are going to decide if we want to pay the $1400 for meds iui with u/s like last month or just iui about 500. This will be the last iui so Im thinking do everything possible. Started AF this morning so clomid would start this weekend. Christine…glad your doctor being more assertive with plan!!!

We’re all entitled to a meltdown or two. It’s definitely necessary to let it all out. I still think you’re on the right track. Three is a great number. If you do that again, you’ll have a good chance. Will this be your 3rd try? Why can’t I remember? And I completely agree that it’s time to do everything possible. That’s exactly where I’m at. Well, hoping for the best for you this month!!!

You’re definitely entitled to a meltdown now and then, especially if they’re taking you back a step, which to me seems awfully silly. I’m sure they’re reasoning is they don’t want to be ultimately responsible for you somehow ending up with triplets or quads or turning into the next OctoMom but… ugh. I mean, Clomid DOES work, but if it’s your last IUI before they “make” you jump to IVF, you’d think they’d want to pull out all the stops. Ugh. If it weren’t too late in the cycle I’d almost suggest getting a second opinion there…

Hang in there, lady!

Alright you guys. You know how crazy I get! So all I can think about is how if we did this IUI in January, the procedure would be done right around my moms birthday, the test date would be right before my hubby’s birthday, and the due date would be right around my dad and my birthday. So weird!

Anyway. Apinkham, hope you’re feeling a little better about things. I’m about to get schooled on injections.

Aww. Well, you could always skip a month, take the holidays off… October is a great month for a birthday. :smiley: