December 2WW

I think a few of us late Nov IVF women are facing the dreaded 2WW now. My transfer will be on Sunday. Hoping for a :bfp: This time round. Lots of:bsv: and :babydust: to all going through the same. Anyone know how the doc picks how many eggs go back during the transfer? I retrieved 20 eggs and 14 fertilized w/ ICSI.

It depends on your personal history (age, fertility issues…etc), egg quality and wether you are doing a 3rd or a 5dt. Good luck. 14 fertilized eggs is great. Now they just need to grow:)

Wishing… Thanks! You’re a few days ahead of me. Best of luck on your :bfp: . Lots of:bsv: and :babydust: your way!

Hey ladies! I transfer tomorrow (hopefully 2 blastobabies) and would love to share/give support with you all in the 2ww! I am so nervous/anxious/excited! To think, I’m going to have little babies in me tomorrow =)

Butterfly-We have similar ttc stories with male factor morphology and retrieved/fertilized about the same number! I have always wanted twins since I was a little girl, so I thought maybe this is God’s way of giving them to me = I am definitely transferring two!

[QUOTE=eternallyhis]Hey ladies! I transfer tomorrow (hopefully 2 blastobabies) and would love to share/give support with you all in the 2ww! I am so nervous/anxious/excited! To think, I’m going to have little babies in me tomorrow =)

Butterfly-We have similar ttc stories with male factor morphology and retrieved/fertilized about the same number! I have always wanted twins since I was a little girl, so I thought maybe this is God’s way of giving them to me = I am definitely transferring two![/QUOTE]

Good luck with your ET tomorrow.

Eternally, a BIG:welcome: to you! Wishing is already in the 2WW and should hopefully be getting her good news a few days before us.
I agree with you about the two embies… In fact my DH was telling me yesterday that he thinks we should shoot for twins too ( that’s a big deal because he swore he only ever wanted one child since we got married). I came from a large family and always wanted at least two, maybe 3 lol.
I find it so interesting to find people not only going through this process together but the fact that the TTC stories are so similar it gives me great comfort and hope to know they were successful! you’ll see Eternally, before u know it we’ll be posting on the success stories thread! You too Wishing!
Hoping for many :bfp: this month! :babydust: and :bsv: to you both. Please keep us updated on your progress, ok?

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! This morning went well, the only thing that was brutal was the full bladder! Out of our 15 mature eggs that fertilized, we got 4 blasts, the rest were discarded because they weren’t growing ideally. We put in two and hopefully two on ice, they are going to extend the culture till tomorrow morning and call us and let us know how many go in the freezer.

I always wanted four kids so I hope these are my four =)

[QUOTE=eternallyhis]Thanks everyone for the well wishes! This morning went well, the only thing that was brutal was the full bladder! Out of our 15 mature eggs that fertilized, we got 4 blasts, the rest were discarded because they weren’t growing ideally. We put in two and hopefully two on ice, they are going to extend the culture till tomorrow morning and call us and let us know how many go in the freezer.

I always wanted four kids so I hope these are my four =)[/QUOTE]

Congrats. Welcome to 2ww. When is your beta?

My beta is on the 4th! You must be excited Wishing for Friday, are you going to do a hpt before? I’m planning on doing an hpt after the blood draw but before they call me with the results.

So the update for today is that I got pushed to a day 5 transfer. When I asked about the status of the embryos the nurse told me that I should be happy that they pushed me to day 5. That’s the update?! I know I’m not the only one being cared for in the practice but you’d think they would give me more than the “no news is good news” approach. Maybe I’m not being rational but after waiting this long to get to this point (years and years of trying) my patience is wearing really thin. Urg… So aggrevated. Sorry had to vent!

[QUOTE=Butterfly621]So the update for today is that I got pushed to a day 5 transfer. When I asked about the status of the embryos the nurse told me that I should be happy that they pushed me to day 5. That’s the update?! I know I’m not the only one being cared for in the practice but you’d think they would give me more than the “no news is good news” approach. Maybe I’m not being rational but after waiting this long to get to this point (years and years of trying) my patience is wearing really thin. Urg… So aggrevated. Sorry had to vent![/QUOTE]
Hi Butterfly. I remember you from the IRMS thread. Even though I really like IRMS that was the one thing my hubby and I didn’t like. They called me on day 3 and said I was moved to day 5. I asked how the embies were and why they were doing 5 day instead. The nurse assured me it was a very good thing. They don’t grade their embryos there either so I went in for the transfer and the embryologist only said they were transferring 2 gorgeous blasts and the other 2 were not quite caught up and they froze them on day 6. I totally understand your patience being tested. After googling a lot I found that a 5 day blast is a very good thing. Don’t base your outcome on mine though. My blasts were very good but I have old eggs. Dr Cekleniak feels positive that the other 2 has at least one that will become a baby:cross: :cross: :cross: Please try to be patient and think good thoughts:flower: :bsv: to you

Thanks for the good wishes Kathy. I’m going to try contacting my nurse tomorrow to see if I can get a little bit more information to settle my nerves a bit. I am keeping positive but you’re right the lack of information is the one biggest flaw at IRMS. I wish I could say this was the first time, ugh.
Oh well, I’ll keep you all posted on anything I hear. Thanks again for everyone’s support.

Congrats on having possibly Blastos soon Butterfly! I absolutely hate when the nurses are vague too. I am the type who has to know EVERYTHING and sometimes when I ask questions they seem to be annoyed and act like they don’t want to tell me. I was trying to keep a good eye on my e2 levels while stimming and one nurse had the nerve to tell me “well most of time we don’t even tell the levels to the patients” I wanted to be like, “B*tch you better tell me what is going on with my body!” We have every right to know and pay a TON of money for all this. Sorry - I guess that was me venting too, haha.

I just got the news today that my other two 5day embabies didn’t make it to the day 6 extended culture for freeze. I am really down and am worried about the two they put in =(

Eternally - sounds like you and are VERY alike! I’m sorry your other two blasts didn’t make it but keep in mind you have two right now that can take. Put your faith in the fact that if this works you can try for sibilings down the road.

I’m feeling much better mostly b/c I got an email from my doc with a REAL update on my embies. So, she said as of today (day 3) 13 of the 14 fert embies are still growing and there is a fight for best embies between 8 of them. I’m not goinf to get my hopes way up b/c I know many of you have experienced a big change right before transfer. I’ll keep you all posted.

Thanks again to all for the support! Let’s keeping :pray: and :cross: for those :bfp: to start rolling in!

I am excited for all of you! I just said a little prayer that all of your babies grow grow grow!!

I go for my baseline u/s (and maybe my calendar) tomorrow morning and hopefully my IVF #2 will happen in December.

I will have two 5 day blasts ET’d too :slight_smile: Last time I had one 3 day emby and it didn’t stick for long. :frowning:

First post ever: Two days into my 2WW; don’t know how I’m going to make it!

Hello everyone;

I’ve taken so much support from reading forums for months, but only now am I actually posting. This is our first IVF (after trying many other things for 3 years and going though 1 MC) and I’m a bundle of nerves. I’m questioning every twinge or lack of twinge, and half hopeful, half despairing and completely out of my head!

Eternall- It sounds like we’re on a similar timeline. I had a day-5 single transfer on Friday, Nov. 25 and my beta is on Dec 7. So far away!! How are you doing?

Thank you again, everyone. If you’ve gone though this before, my hat is off to you, big time. How do you cope?

:pray:

[QUOTE=eternallyhis]Thanks everyone for the well wishes! This morning went well, the only thing that was brutal was the full bladder! Out of our 15 mature eggs that fertilized, we got 4 blasts, the rest were discarded because they weren’t growing ideally. We put in two and hopefully two on ice, they are going to extend the culture till tomorrow morning and call us and let us know how many go in the freezer.

I always wanted four kids so I hope these are my four =)[/QUOTE]

Butterfly- Being pushed to a day 5 transfer is defiantly good but I can totally understand needing more information. I’m glad your RE called and gave you better feed back. Good luck on your transfer.

eternal- I am going to hold out on POAS until beta too. The one time I POAS I was a mad women so I am trying to stay away. It is just really hard because I have two siting at home and I am dying to test.

Hopeful- Welcome to 2ww. I hope this is your first and last IVF becasue I can tell you from experience they don’t get easier. The way I cope…if there is such a thing is by reminding myself that my life is good. I have been happily married to my high school sweetheart for 16 years and I try not to forget that. I think we would make great parents and I want our family to grow but I can’t let this run us. I’ll try my best and when my RE says its over then I’ll have to find a way to move on. I hope you get a BFP soon, and never have to worry or think about these things as much as I have had to. Best of luck to you and lots and lots of :bsv:for you.

Just a quick update… Last night was miserable! Up all night with pain, nausea and a fever (most likely from the pain). I knew at around 3:30am it was OHSS :grr: so I started downing bottles and bottles of water. My DH rushed me to the hospital where they took m blood and found that my E2 was still very high and through u/s they found a moderate amount of fluid. I found out that I had a 50/50 chance of proceeding the transfer tomorrow.
Luckily I got the call this afternoon that if I’m still feeling up to it they will continue with the ET but reduce the number of blasts to one. Wish me luck… There’s a lot riding on how well I progress through tonight.

[QUOTE=Butterfly621]Just a quick update… Last night was miserable! Up all night with pain, nausea and a fever (most likely from the pain). I knew at around 3:30am it was OHSS :grr: so I started downing bottles and bottles of water. My DH rushed me to the hospital where they took m blood and found that my E2 was still very high and through u/s they found a moderate amount of fluid. I found out that I had a 50/50 chance of proceeding the transfer tomorrow.
Luckily I got the call this afternoon that if I’m still feeling up to it they will continue with the ET but reduce the number of blasts to one. Wish me luck… There’s a lot riding on how well I progress through tonight.[/QUOTE]

Butterfly- good luck sweetie. I’m so sorry. I hope you feel better and get to do your transfer.:cross: :cross:

Its hard to get a break in this whole process, isn’t it?I am so sorry about your OHSS and am praying that you are well enough for your transfer tomorrow. My prayers are with you!!

[QUOTE=Butterfly621]Just a quick update… Last night was miserable! Up all night with pain, nausea and a fever (most likely from the pain). I knew at around 3:30am it was OHSS :grr: so I started downing bottles and bottles of water. My DH rushed me to the hospital where they took m blood and found that my E2 was still very high and through u/s they found a moderate amount of fluid. I found out that I had a 50/50 chance of proceeding the transfer tomorrow.
Luckily I got the call this afternoon that if I’m still feeling up to it they will continue with the ET but reduce the number of blasts to one. Wish me luck… There’s a lot riding on how well I progress through tonight.[/QUOTE]