December Clomid and Everything else!

yep lol there’s two! haha definitely wasn’t expecting more than one.

Army- That is Great!!! So happy for you. I am a twin and love it! I’m not going to lie…I would love to have twins…it runs in mine and my husbands families! :clap:

Wishing4Ababy25- :welcome:
I also just O’d for the first time last month. It’s nice to know that the clomid is doing it’s job :slight_smile: :cross: for you still have a chance until AF shows!

Wishing everyone lots of luck who are testing soon!!:babydust:

Hi all!

I’m new to the forum, but not new to the game. My DH and I have been TTC for 2 years and 9 months. I’ve had to use provera to get AF and used 3 cycles of clomid before getting referred to an RE. Just started seeing him in September and my bw looks good and my DH’s sperm is great.

Got AF on Monday, had an us on Tuesday. No cysts, so I started Femara today. Will start follistim on Friday and have an us and bw next Thursday. Hoping for the all clear for the novarel shot! No IUI planned, just bms. Would love to get a BFP before the new year!

Looking forward to the comfort and support that I believe I will find in this forum!

Good luck to everyone else!

[quote=BeanKitty23]Alright… I know i’m not around a ton but I do think of you ladies often and wouldn’t know what to do with out this wonderful support system! I’m hoping after the new year we will get back into treatments :)!! Do know that I pray for you ladies every chance I get and hope we all get our miracles soon!!

AFM- Finally caught up on lack of sleep over the weekend… temps are still up… I did change my ticker haha seeing as how this is a long cycle! I’m feeling a little different this cycle… tons of CM… its driving me insane. A few twinges here and there but… No idea! only 10dpo! Eek! Have a good day ladies![/quote]

I am 10 dpo as well… I’ve been having some pains and a bit of cramping. I’m hoping it’s a good thing. I know when I got pregnant and lost the baby I had cramping and thought I was going to start my period, lo and behold I was pregnant.

Yahh for a December thread! Bring on the :bfp: s, lets have a whole lotta Christmas miracles!!
:welcome: to the newbies. This thread is such a great support.

Army3- Wow! Twins!! That is soo exciting. Congrats!!:cheer:

Sweeti- So glad to hear that this cycle is looking up for you! And how convenient to keep an eye on those follies yourself! hehe.

BeanKitty- :cross: :cross: :cross:

Jessa- I too have been given most of those recommendations for diet etc from my acupuncturist. I found it so difficult! That was almost a year ago that she had me start all that so I have obviously wavered :S Oh well I still try as best I can. I was told not to eat wheat though. No wheat, dairy, all cooked, warm etc. its a committment! Good for you for sticking with it! Good luck!! I’m interested that he told you that straying from the formula at all makes all the treatment useless.

AFM- Just taking my Clomid and Tamoxifen this week. Waiting for my follie scan next wednesday. Its earlier in my cycle than ever has been b/c Dr said that last month on day 15 my follies were actually quite big. So day 13 it is this month! I guess if the metformin is doing something right :slight_smile: I am praying for a Christmas miracle… I think I will be able to POAS just before or on Christmas!
:babydust: to all you wonderful ladies! Commonn Dec :bfp: s!!

Pinky & Army wife- Thank you for the words of encouragement! A few hours ago I started barely spotting (barely enough to even show on toilet paper) and I was pretty discouraged. But now it has totally stopped. Usually when I start it is really heavy. Is it possible the Clomid is giving me a crazy light period? Does that even count as a period? I feel crampy on and off. I am so confused. My body is giving me mixed signals.

Army Wife- I know before you had said your husband was deploying soon right? When is he leaving? Twins!?! Thats amazing. like I said before, for some reason I read your post and was really rooting for you, so I am really hopeful to hear it happened for you!! I hope the morning sickness gets better soon. Its sooo worth it though :slight_smile:

big :welcome:to bookworm and E440.

Funny every time I post on here someone welcomes me! I guess that means I dont post quite enough :slight_smile:

GL to all!!!

[QUOTE=Wishing4Ababy25]Pinky & Army wife- Thank you for the words of encouragement! A few hours ago I started barely spotting (barely enough to even show on toilet paper) and I was pretty discouraged. But now it has totally stopped. Usually when I start it is really heavy. Is it possible the Clomid is giving me a crazy light period? Does that even count as a period? I feel crampy on and off. I am so confused. My body is giving me mixed signals.

Army Wife- I know before you had said your husband was deploying soon right? When is he leaving? Twins!?! Thats amazing. like I said before, for some reason I read your post and was really rooting for you, so I am really hopeful to hear it happened for you!! I hope the morning sickness gets better soon. Its sooo worth it though :slight_smile:

big :welcome:to bookworm and E440.

Funny every time I post on here someone welcomes me! I guess that means I dont post quite enough :slight_smile:

GL to all!!![/QUOTE]
lol yeah morning sickness is not fun there’s two so it’s twice as bad! lol & trust me they will know when they get old enough on how sick they made me!! lol as for spotting I’m not sure about that. they say spotting is implantation but I know for sure clomid sometimes makes your periods longer. I never spotted so I didn’t think anything of it… maybe this is it for you!! :smiley:

as for deployment his commander changed it once again! they were supposed to deploy in mid February sometime now it’s the end of January. so once we come back from leave January 7, he will be shipping out about two weeks later :frowning: not too happy about that but I’ll deal with it. I’m also due on my 20th birthday- (July 20)… I know I won’t last that long but hey its still pretty awesome! I’m also happy that my DH won’t miss much when the twins are born. he comes back in February 2012. so they will be maybe 6-7 months old. I’m really praying for all of you to see your positives right before Christmas :slight_smile: you all deserve it SOO much! more than anyone else NOT doing fertility treatments. lol

[quote=BM23]Missing- how is your natural cycle going for you? Hope all is well.

AFM- Natural Cycle October and BFN, November did Femara 2.5mg cd 3-7 and was away from home and unable to bd, ovulated early, BFN. I’m now on cd 2, BUT my cycle is almost nonexistant! So frustrated, I really hope it’s not going to be a problem. When I had my scans in November my lining went from a 6 to a 4…Go to doc tomorrow to discuss plan and pick up meds. We for sure will try this month, but if no success, then we wait until March to try again. Hopefully it will happen this month![/quote]

BM - Im doing ok. FINALLY ovulated this cycle. CD 30 something :grr: But its due to the chemical and coming off injections. But im finally 3dpo, with pretty good timing. So we’ll see.

Goodluck BM :cross:

Feeling to much feelings

Ok today is CD 18 and I’m still peeing almost every hour and not just alittle I’m talking like a gallon. My nipples are still sore. And my CM is white and thick today. And to top off everything I’m feeling way to emotional, I start crying for no reason weather I’m happy or upset or just sad. And I feel that this waiting to find out is killing me. Agh…oh and the feeling of heartburn.

Quick Question

I hav not had any symptoms at all today…should I be worried? I have had one mc and I freak out about everything with this pregnancy.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks everyone!

[QUOTE=carolinagurl27]I hav not had any symptoms at all today…should I be worried? I have had one mc and I freak out about everything with this pregnancy.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks everyone![/QUOTE]
No, you shouldn’t be worried! The only thing I felt at 4.5 weeks was a little bit of breast tenderness, which I really only felt if I was trying to see if they were still tender :). The morning sickness/dizziness didn’t really start until later, maybe 6 weeks… But everyone is different you might be one of the lucky ones who never gets it! Plus, worrying won’t help anything. When’s your next appt?

[quote=carolinagurl27]I hav not had any symptoms at all today…should I be worried? I have had one mc and I freak out about everything with this pregnancy.

PLEASE HELP! Thanks everyone![/quote]

i never really felt anything that said i was pregnant until week 8.
i did have some different early symptoms that i thought were cause of my surgery, like faster heart rate, i am an RPN, i know my heart rate really well from school, i used to be a strong 60 beats per min, then i had a mild heart attack and damaged my heart so then my regular became 80ish per min. but after surgery it sat at 115 per a min, i thought surgery related but dr. told me later that was a very pregnancy symptom that happens to almost all women, its just not picked up on, but we were watching due to my heart attack.
and the second was that no matter what my nipples we standing up. there was no heat or cold change that brought it on or arousel ( surgery does not help the mood! lol) and dr. said that is a very early one too. and really they still haven’t gone down, not really sore, just there. lol

everyone really does reacted differently. you will probably get something some time soon it just may not be the same way everyone else got it.
hang in there.

wow! Its December already!

Had my post ovulation blood work done yesterday. Came back my estrogen and progesterone are low. Just started an estrogen supplement and Progesterone as well, which is a vaginal gel, kinds gross. After starting those last night and shelling out $200 for the progesterone cuz there was no generic available for it I really started feeling down. Since when is this the way to have a baby? Its probably all the hormones talking but I just hate the science feeling to all of this. Just got to :pray: that I won’t have to do this again another month! The Fermara plus these meds and the shot makes it $375 a month! We have a crazy high deductible on our prescription insurance so we don’t have a choice. Going to definitely have to take next month off to build up some money in our health care savings account because its broke! I just hate the financial stress this all brings on the family, it makes me feel bad. Sorry but I had to vent here because I know you guys would understand.

:cross::bfp:for everyone!!

oh and to Carolinagurl, I didn’t even test for my DS until I started throwing up at about 6 weeks(thought vacation made my cycle late) anyway everyone is different, don’t worry!!

just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone!
hope everything is going well. i think about you ladies all the time. and you are all in my :pray: .

I go tuesday to see if i Oed…but i dont feel confident about pregnancy. But we will wait and see!!

Personals

Jessa- Hi! If this cycle doesn’t work for us, we will take January and February off due to the fact that my hubby helps his dad with harvest in the fall, and having a harvest baby would not be good for anyone! I wouldn’t want to do it alone, and dh wants to be there and FIL would not like it if he was gone for harvest…Funny you say that you have to warm everything up, I warm practically every liquid up! I always have water at room temp, and in the winter I heat it up in the microwave, you’ll get used to it. My cousin only drinks Almond milk, she likes it, I’ll have to give that a try.

Bookworm74-:welcome:

Wishing4Ababy25- Glad you ovulated! Hope you get your BFP!!!

Sweeti- That’s great you’re responding to the meds this time around! What cd are you on? Can’t wait to hear when you’re about to “o”! Will you do a trigger shot to ensure ovulation? How about IUI? Or everything natural??? I found out some interesting news today from the head RE at my clinic. I apparently did NOT ovulate my November cycle (that’s why my follicles were small and my lining was so thin). I asked him why if I ovulated everyother time, why not now. He said that your body sends out a group of follicles each cycle, and sometimes it sends out a bad group and none of follicles will develop into anything and then you won’t ovulate. He said you can take the highest dose possible, but if your body sends out a poor group of follies, then it’s not going to make a difference. I thought that was really interesting, and I thought of you right away! Maybe you’ve just had a bad group in the previous cycles, and now you’ve got a good one! Just a thought!! :slight_smile:

army.wife<3- CONGRATS on TWINS!!! How fun!!! Hoping for a great 9 months (or close to it!). Sorry to hear your hubby’s deployment date is getting moved up, such a bummer! You’ve got us to lean on so no worries!!!

Bean- sorry you’re having AF signs! Stay away!!!

e440-:welcome: Hope the Femara and Follistim work for you and bring you your BFP! litlmandy did that, and guess what, she’s almost due!!!

T-Queen- hoping everything goes well!!!

Missing- glad you 'o’d this cycle. Really hoping everything works out! Did you do TI?

Lilysun- Hoping those are pregger symptoms!!!

Carolina- I wouldn’t worry too much about not having symptoms today. Everyone is different, and everyday is different. Just take it one day at a time!

loloal- how are you?? Hope your pregnancy is going well!

Rachel- how are you? It’s been forever since I’ve heard from you! Hope things are going great!

Christinia86-how are you? What week are you on? Hope everything is going good for you.

Indybuggy- I hear ya on the cost of meds! It is super expensive, and really it shouldn’t be! We don’t have a co-pay, so we pay for everything out of pocket until we meet our deductible. Well, I have now, but it’s the end of the year!!! So come January, we’ll have to pay full price. It’s so frustrating! Really hope this cycle works for you!!

[quote=need#2]just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone!
hope everything is going well. i think about you ladies all the time. and you are all in my :pray: .

I go tuesday to see if i Oed…but i dont feel confident about pregnancy. But we will wait and see!![/quote]

Stay positive!!! It will happen! :slight_smile:

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Had my doc appointment today. My doc was out, so I saw the head RE. He said that my previous cycle I did not ovulate. I kind of had a gut feeling that that’s what happened, but my doc thought we missed it, so I’m glad I saw him today. I told Sweeti what I found out today which I thought was very interesting. I didn’t know this before, never even thought about it…I asked him, why I have responded to my meds (both clomid and femara) and ovulated each time, then why didn’t I this time around? He said that each cycle, our bodies send out a group of follicles to be developed, well sometimes it sends out a bad group (it’s all random) and they won’t develop into anything. He said that you can take all the meds you want, but if that’s a bad group from the get-go, then it’s not going to produce a dominant follicle (s). It makes total sense, but I never thought about it before. I just thought it was interesting.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Also, the nurse that I had today is someone I’ve had before when my doc is out and she’s about my age and said that her and her hubby have been trying for a while and her doc (which is also my doc) just diagnosed her with PCOS. She said that the more and more couples that come in that are having difficulties getting pregnant, the majority of them have PCOS…is this more common now, or are we just finally learning more about the Reproductive System and able to identify why we have problems reproducing? I guess what I’m wondering is, does it seem like people these days are having a harder time conceiving than they did say 10-15 years ago? I don’t know, I just find it interesting the more women I talk to, tell me stories of how it took their friend 3-5 years to conceive…sorry I went on and on! What do you ladies think?[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Anyway, so he’s having my do 5mg Femara cd 3-7 this time around and we’ll have an ultrasound cd14 and hope that it produces some good follies and get me preggers before Christmas!! :)[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=3]Sorry for the long post, I’d like to hear your input on this :)[/SIZE][/FONT]

:pray: :pray: BM23 - I hope it is preggo systems too if its not I don’t know if I can take feeling this way again. I just feel like I could cry all day. And it doesn’t help when my DH is like well you know your not cause its the first time and we BD the same night you took the shot. But we also BD the day after and the next day and the nexts day. I just wish he would let me have alittle hope that maybe it worked. Anyway I wish you good luck and I will be:pray: for you.

Yes, BM we did TI since we did a natural cycle due to the holidays.

Also… i got the BEST news today! The local RE that wasn’t in the tricare network when we starting IUI’s is NOW in the network :clap: No more driving 3.5 hours one way for appts. :cheer: And it will only cost us $625 per IUI. After counting gas, hotel, food, sperm washing thats would what we spend anyways for a cycle travelling.

bean… how many dpo are you?? I would be soo tempted to test but if it’s not bothering you… I’d wait and save the money and see if AF shows… if you go more than 2 weeks… then test! :slight_smile:

wishing… clomid has def made me have a longer than normal cycle… i run about 31 days with O being around CD15 (based on the only 2 times that I O’d)… I wouldn’t give up that hope just yet… you may still have time!

missing… :cross: this cycle works out… a coworker got pg herself on O’ing CD 30something while between clomid treated cycles… she took a test to start her provera and got a surprise… Her son is 3 now!

lily… :cross: those are good signs!

carolina… I wouldnt worry too much yet… a lot of women dont even notice they are pg for many weeks. I think it’s important to remain calm and relaxed and just take it day by day. Easy for me to say though, i’ve never seen the two lines for myself.

indy… i know how you feel… having a baby shouldnt require all this work… especially when those around us are like… “we weren’t even trying and we got pregnant”. At least your insurance helps you some… if the clomid doesnt continue to work, I have to go to follistim and it’s almost $1000 for a dose. eeeeek!!

need#2… GL on your bw!!!

bm… since my problem is anovulation, they want to keep me as natural as possible, and because insurance doesnt pay for fertility for me so they want to be easy on my wallet too! LOL Right now we are just doing TI and I’m using the OPKs but they havent worked on me in the past and I’m not relying on them. giving charting my bbt a try this time to see if that shows when i O. I’m still feeling good about this cycle though…

AFM… CD15 and had my coworker look again today… one follie at 19 and another right next to it just a bit smaller. Still a few smaller ones on the right as well… Looks like O could be any time now. Gonna try to convince DH to BD tonight and tomorrrow night as well… we BD last night so if we do it 3 nights in a row, we should have a good chance to catch the eggie. Does anyone know how long sperm can live inside the uterus? I think i’ve heard up to 5 days but is that really feasable?? I dont know why but I really feel that this cycle could be the one… I hate that though because if it’s a bfn this time, I dont want to feel let down. I just keep telling myself that at least I seem to be producing follies, lets hope they mature and release… if they dont, and bw shows I didnt O, then I will talk to my dr about a tirgger since I know I am making them. :cross: this is it and we get to give our families a christmas surprise!!!