Decreased number of eggs

Hi everyone,

In november, I did the egg retrieval that resulted in 26 eggs. Then in april, the number was 20. Yesterday, I was shocked to hear that I had only 8! I dont have pcos neither I suffer from DOR.
Anyone experienced something like this???

Did they change your protocol? Many doctors want quality over quantity. I have seen some switch the type of meds used in order to gain fewer but better eggs instead of many poor quality ones.

Or maybe your body is tired? Seems like a lot of women respond differently each cycle…depending on if you have residual cysts, how long in between cycles, did you go on BCPs ahead of time, etc.

It’s really frustrating to watch your response vary. I only did one IVF, but I had this happen with injectables and I also watched my AMH go from 6.7 to 1.3 in two years. Best wishes that this IVF works for you!!!

All 3 cycles I was on bc. In November, I used 225 gonal f only. Then in april and june, 150 gonal f and 150 menopur with cetrotide. I dont think my body is tired because meds are low and only a few. Our problem is mf and even if my eggs are fine, mf might cause all of them to fail. In any cade, if results turn to be bad, in my next trial im planning to take glucophage, mitochonria energizer and pycnogenol. And I will take 5 month break.

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]Hi everyone,

In november, I did the egg retrieval that resulted in 26 eggs. Then in april, the number was 20. Yesterday, I was shocked to hear that I had only 8! I dont have pcos neither I suffer from DOR.
Anyone experienced something like this???[/QUOTE]

I had a similar thing, 20 with first IVF (long lupron), and then with cycle 2 only had 7 retrieved (used antagonist and they grew in two different size bunches). This last IVF#3, they did the same lupron as cycle 1 and even doubled my follistim dosing and we got 10, 6 mature which seemed weird to me. I don’t have known PCOS or DOR/low AMH. The RE always just say, “every cycle is different”. We have over 100,000 eggs, so I don’t know why we would have a poorer response with different cycles. If your RE tells you, let us know. Hoping those 8 fertilize well for you!!