Depression and IVF

Hi to all reading this! I am not one to post, but I really need understanding.

Does anyone feel depressed to the point of losing motivation? I have wanted baby #2 for TEN years, but all the years of not getting pregnant naturally and failed IUIs have worn me down.

Now my husband and I starting IVF and it has been such an emotional toll. The HSG caused me horrible pain, my husband’s bloodwork got dropped and set us back a few weeks. The cipro, bcp, or hsg dye caused a rash. I am still on bcp and waiting to see if I get a rash again after having a break from them (taking the sugar pills).

EVERYONE is driving me insane! I am usually calm and quiet. Since being on bcp my emotions are crazy, my legs cramp just to walk, I am irritable, nauseated, constipated, and just feel plain evil. My 10 year old step son is angry we are trying to have a baby.

I want to scream, cry, hide away from the world, and then just feel like me again. I feel so depressed and I do not feel like my hubby wants to hear it. It feels sooo lonely. Can anyone relate!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone have something nice or encouraging to say. I really need it!

Hi momofsky,

I’m sorry you are having to go through all of this. I have been much more emotional and down the past week and my husband has been his usual sweet self. I kind of let the house go and he has kept it up for us. Thankfully, I don’t get cranky-but I want him to have his normal happy productive wife so I’m starting to feel guilty. I told him I’m planning a fun date for us tomorrow.
I don’t know if that’s what you need, but maybe a fun date out with your husband at a new restaurant or somewhere with new scenery would be a little breath of fresh air (to at least help you get through the weekend). Hope you get some good news soon and get feeling better sister!

Hi. Thanks for the response. The fun date sounds like a great idea. I think the crankiness that I am feeling is the most difficult because it is so unlike me and it makes life stressful for everyone. I homeschool my 12 year old and I feel so bad that I lack the usual motivation, energy, and patience!

At least tomorrow is another day!!!

momofsky,

YES, tomorrow is always another day!
How was your weekend? Feeling any better?

You are amazing for homeschooling. I was a high school teacher for 3 years and it’s SO MUCH WORK to teach. I respect teachers who are moms too, and to do it all in one space at home- wow!
Does your 12 year old know about what you’re going through right now in trying for another one? Hopefully everyone can cut you some slack since you’re sacrificing feeling well for the sake of the family :slight_smile: I remember growing up my mom would say, “I need to take 10”…which meant to leave her alone and let her power nap. Sometimes it was more than “10” haha. Maybe this would be good to just allow you to take breaks through out the day to lay down on your bed to nap or have a few minutes for yourself. I’m sure your 12 year old would allow it…

Hi, im new to this forum. Always reading everyone’s post and never wrote one of my own. Now the stress is taking me over, since i was unsuccessful in my first IVF cycle November 2014. i have three frosties, so I’ll be doing FET in April. I now had my immune tests results which shows that my cytokine levels are elevated. Now they are adding humira to my regime. Has anyone used humira and was successful with there FET.

Hi Graciouslywaiting. I have not done FET before, but I saw you posted in the other forum too. I think they will have some BTDT for you in there. Baby Dust!

I remember growing up my mom would say, “I need to take 10”…which meant to leave her alone and let her power nap. Sometimes it was more than “10” haha. Maybe this would be good to just allow you to take breaks through out the day to lay down on your bed to nap or have a few minutes for yourself. I’m sure your 12 year old would allow it…???

GuL

Hi. I have been super busy since the original post! My depression got better once I got off the bcp, thank goodness.

I had a successful first IVF and am 6 weeks pregnant. However, I have been having some severe pain and bleeding. Thought for sure it was a m/c but it is a hematoma in my uterus. A very large hematoma that may or may not cause a m/c according to the RE. I am in bed rest and thankful that they saw a baby on the ultrasound with a beating heart, but scared. The pain can be awful at times and if I so much as walk from one room to the next I start to cramp and bleed.

I am trying to be hopeful. As long as there is a heart beating, I feel lucky!

I hope everything is okay! Praying for you. Excited for your successful IVF.