Detect5 Progressive Pregnancy Test

Has anyone ever tried this HPT? It’s basically 5 HPTs in one, and each strip measures a different level of HCG, so it’s supposed to be able to tell you how much HCG is in your urine. I tried one yesterday and I’m really curious to find out if it’s accurate!

Detect5 Progressive Pregnancy Test Review

[quote=BackRow]Has anyone ever tried this HPT? It’s basically 5 HPTs in one, and each strip measures a different level of HCG, so it’s supposed to be able to tell you how much HCG is in your urine. I tried one yesterday and I’m really curious to find out if it’s accurate!

Detect5 Progressive Pregnancy Test Review[/quote]

I seriously considered buying them, but decided it wasn’t cost effective since I like to POAS everyday in the 2WW! I’m also curious to find out if people said it is accurate…

I know, they are expensive! I am a daily POASer too, so this one was a one-time shot. I’ll update when I get my beta on Monday if it was accurate or not!

Which level did it say you were?

The only review I’ve seen was from a blog I follow:

http://fiscafamily.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/could-be-500-could-be-2000-detect5piece-of-****-imho/

It didn’t work so well for her, but maybe that was a fluke. I’ve never seen these in a store- are they expensive? I’ve been using FRER and Dollar Tree tests, because I’m an obsessive POAS-er.

[quote=mooseypiggins]The only review I’ve seen was from a blog I follow:

http://fiscafamily.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/could-be-500-could-be-2000-detect5piece-of-****-imho/

It didn’t work so well for her, but maybe that was a fluke. I’ve never seen these in a store- are they expensive? I’ve been using FRER and Dollar Tree tests, because I’m an obsessive POAS-er.[/quote]

Interesting! Thanks for sharing that, I googled all over and didn’t find any reviews. I’m really curious now to see if mine is accurate! At 10dpt I had strong lines at 25, 100, and a faint one at 500, so that would mean >500. After a few hours a line showed up at 10,000, but I’m sure that was just an evap line (they tell you NOT to read the test after 10 minutes.) The tests are $20 a pop, definitely too expensive for daily POAS but for a one time shot I thought it would be interesting to try. As far as I’ve found the only place to get them is online.

Just wanted to check back in and say good luck with your beta today! Even though I’d been getting positive tests for days, I was a nervous wreck yesterday waiting to get my results!

Thank you! I am definitely going crazy with the wait today. Congrats on your beta, that’s a great number!!

Moosey - Congrats!!! Fantastic beta!

Backrow - Can’t wait to hear your beta too!

Beta was 2121! :cheer:

Looks like with doubling every 48 hours the Detect5 was right on! :slight_smile:

[quote=BackRow]Beta was 2121! :cheer:

Looks like with doubling every 48 hours the Detect5 was right on! :)[/quote]

Very cool! Congratulations!

I wish they were more reasonably priced for people!

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Backrow…I’m thinking there is more than one little bean in there…:flower: [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4]Congrats on a great first beta #! You are officially :preg: ![/SIZE][/FONT]

I agree with carison! That is a phenomenal first beta! Congratulations!!

Thank you guys! Congratulations, BackRow!! I’m glad that the Detect 5 worked for you! And 2121 is such a great number! I wonder why there is such a huge difference in when REs order our first beta tests? Mine was ordered 9dp5dt, but so many others wait until 12-14dp5dt.

Beta #2 is about 5 hours away, and I’m still nervous. :cross: for nice doubling numbers for both of us!

Thanks everyone! :smiley: Such a relief to finally get a nice strong number. Looking forward to finding out how many!

moosey, I don’t know why some make you wait longer, my old RE would do a beta 9 or 10 days after transfer, but at our new one you have to wait at least 14 days. Feels like an eternity! Good luck today, come on, high numbers! :cross::cross::cross:

Detect 5

I bought 5 of them when I was going through my IVF cycle. I used them to follow my HCG levels to see if they doubled. I got a neg on the 25 on the same morning my blood tested 71. They were never accurate and I feel very unresponsive in relation to a FRER. Don’t waste your money on these. Your money is better spent on the non-digital FRER.

Just wanted to update this thread. I talked a gf of mine into buying one. 5 days before taking this test she had a beta of 568. She had a very faint line at the 500 mark, but no line at 2000. She was worried sick. Two days later (today) she had a beta of 10,941. Looks like the test wasn’t accurate. Just wanted to put that out there.

Backrow- I don’t know if you remember me from the Sept/Oct board, but I came across your post and saw that you are pg. Congrats to you! :clap:And congrats to the rest of the ladies that got their BFPs!