Detoxication

Hi ladies,

I was wondering if you do something to detoxify your body after all ivf trials?
I took some supplements for liver cleansing plus I am drinking tea that cleans the reproductive system (all after the period).

What about you?

So nobody tried to detoxify the body after the IVF trials?

I didn’t but it sounds like a good idea to me. I did take off from the whole process. I wanted to give my system a rest and a chance to get back to normal before I started another cycle of IVF.

I didn’t either b/c I don’t really think there is a true way to detox your body from the meds, other than not taking them (of course, I haven’t researched this so I may be wrong). The only thing I did after my last cycle, that made me feel better personally and lose weight, although I am not sure it helped my fertility, was start eating “clean” and not eating processed foods, dairy, gluten, etc.

I took a month off and did a liver cleanse between FET #1 and FET #2. I don’t know if it had any effect or not but I just felt like I wanted to do something, I had a lot of acne and stuff from the IVF meds.

I do agree with a healthy diet, esp avoiding sweets.
However, I also believe that certain popular teas help blood detoxication. This has been a practice among the ancient people. I know that the pine bark was used among the Native Americans and was highly effective. Today, it is used in a form of pycnogenol. I know that st. John’s wort or in Latin hypericum perforatum is excellent to get rid of fibroids inside the female reproductive system, tea or suppositories. I do trust wisdom of the old.

[QUOTE=Marylander24]I took a month off and did a liver cleanse between FET #1 and FET #2. I don’t know if it had any effect or not but I just felt like I wanted to do something, I had a lot of acne

Did you do that by means of tea or pills?
Congrats on your pregnancy:)

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008][QUOTE=Marylander24]I took a month off and did a liver cleanse between FET #1 and FET #2. I don’t know if it had any effect or not but I just felt like I wanted to do something, I had a lot of acne

Did you do that by means of tea or pills?
Congrats on your pregnancy:)[/QUOTE]

It was a combo of tea and pills and drops. I got it from the natural fertility shop.