DH finally started taking the shots last week

It’s been awhile since I posted on here and for a little bit I took a break from here. After trying to get DH’s HCG shots approved through insurance etc, DH finally started taking the shots last week. We met with the urologist today - if these shots don’t work then he’ll start HMG shots, and if those don’t work then there’s nothing else he can do for us. So we are really hoping and praying that the HCG shots work and that way we can get back in business. Any procedures are on hold until we get DH fixed.

I’ve been trying to be positive about this. I wish the real issue was with me - not DH - that I could just take Clomid or whatever and that could be the cure for us. But the waiting is what is getting to me. We’ve been trying for 8 years now…and to just continue to wait… I know you all know what that is like. I know Heavenly Father has a plan for us. There has to be a reason for all of this.

I had a dream Christmas morning right before I woke up that I had a baby boy and that I was breastfeeding him. I’m hoping that is a sign of what is to come. This is the third dream like this since June…so I’m hoping.

And in the meantime, DH and I are going to become legal guardians of a three year old. Hoping things get finalized in January. But I’ve been having anxiety about what this is going to change in our lives. Yes, we want to be parents more than anything, and now that we get the opportunity to help this little girl for the time she’s with us, I’m just scared of what’s to come. But I guess this is normal of parents. We’re still going to work on having a baby of our own - and if that’s not possible then we’ll be going the foster to adopt route.

Wishing you all good luck in 2012 and hoping that all of our dreams come true!

Hi there,

I thought I would respond as I am in a similar situation as you- my DH is NOA and we were unsuccessful with our recent TESE. We are waiting to begin the HCG shots for DH as well. If you don’t mind me asking, what do the HMG shots do?

I also have found myself saying that I wish the issue were with me instead of DH. It’s so difficult and frusterating to deal with male factor infertility- although I suppose I should be grateful that I’m able to carry/give birth to a baby if I were to choose donor.

I really hope that you find success with the HCG- I know that it is what I am desperately grasping on to right now. I wish you all the luck in the world and please, if you dont mind, keep me updated on your progress with the hormone therapy for your DH.

Best and hugs :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=mintsea]Hi there,

I thought I would respond as I am in a similar situation as you- my DH is NOA and we were unsuccessful with our recent TESE. We are waiting to begin the HCG shots for DH as well. If you don’t mind me asking, what do the HMG shots do?

I also have found myself saying that I wish the issue were with me instead of DH. It’s so difficult and frusterating to deal with male factor infertility- although I suppose I should be grateful that I’m able to carry/give birth to a baby if I were to choose donor.

I really hope that you find success with the HCG- I know that it is what I am desperately grasping on to right now. I wish you all the luck in the world and please, if you dont mind, keep me updated on your progress with the hormone therapy for your DH.

Best and hugs :)[/QUOTE]

The HCG shots are supposed to raise men’s testosterone levels which then in turn will allow for sperm production. We’ve already noticed some improvements (nothing sperm count related but nonetheless some progress). I’ll definately be posting as we go through this. Really hoping this works. Good luck to you guys.