DHEA questions

All of the clinical studies I have read indicate DHEA should be taken until the first beta pregnancy test, but many drs tell you to stop DHEA when you start stims.

When did your dr tell you to stop DHEA and what meds were you on during your IVF cycle?

Did you take OTC or prescription DHEA?

How long were you on it prior to retrieval?

Were your DHEA and testosterone levels tested before starting DHEA and during your cycle if you took it while cycling?

Did you feel DHEA helped?

[QUOTE=lkmisc]All of the clinical studies I have read indicate DHEA should be taken until the first beta pregnancy test, but many drs tell you to stop DHEA when you start stims.

When did your dr tell you to stop DHEA and what meds were you on during your IVF cycle? At transfer. Lipton, follistim, menopur, dexo.

Did you take OTC or prescription DHEA? OTC

How long were you on it prior to retrieval? 2 months but I’ve read it takes 3 to see results.

Were your DHEA and testosterone levels tested before starting DHEA and during your cycle if you took it while cycling? No

Did you feel DHEA helped?[/QUOTE]. Dont know. First cycle and didn’t do well see sig. Also was only on it for 60 days. Will see if this next cycle is better after being on it longer.

I started DHEA in Sept and my cycle was late Nov/Dec. My RE recommended it. I continued it thru stims until ER. I took OTC, 25mg 3x/day. On some days that I missed one (or 2), I took extra to equal 75mg for the day. I don’t know if it helped and I don’t remember if my TSH was tested before this cycle.

[QUOTE=lkmisc]All of the clinical studies I have read indicate DHEA should be taken until the first beta pregnancy test, but many drs tell you to stop DHEA when you start stims.

When did your dr tell you to stop DHEA and what meds were you on during your IVF cycle?

Did you take OTC or prescription DHEA?

How long were you on it prior to retrieval?

Were your DHEA and testosterone levels tested before starting DHEA and during your cycle if you took it while cycling?

Did you feel DHEA helped?[/QUOTE]

My first fresh cycle - I didn’t use DHEA and we had very poor embryonic growth - only 2 out of 11 made it to blast.

So for my second cycle - I supplemented with DHEA for 60 days and had great development to 5 day blasts. That second fresh cycle - I did get pregnant, but unfortunately there were chromosomal issues with the embryo so I miscarried.

I believe that DHEA was effective for me. I took GNC micronized DHEA. 25 mg per day. My RE knows, but doesn’t advocate for or against it.

I’ve taken DHEA through ER. I didn’t notice huge side effects - slightly oiler skin.

My RE does measure hormone levels, but doesn’t tell me the numbers. He doesn’t measure DHEA.

Good luck with your next cycle.