Did that really just happen!?!?

Need to vent, wow!

So I’m at my girlfriend’s house tonight, I’m catching her up on my fertility stuff and plan with IVF. She’s excited, I’m excited, all is going well. In walks her brother and his pregnant girlfriend. She looks adorable, I congratulate, etc. My friend mentions my IVF stuff to her, so she knows and asks a few questions. An hour later as were getting ready to eat dinner, and her and I are sitting across from one another in the living room. And BOOM…chick lifts her shirt and starts rubbing her bare belly. REALLY!!! Some people just have no reality to what is going on around them, how could she not think before she did that. It went on for like 5 minutes, I finally got up and left the room.

Anyway, I’m just sitting her shaking my head. Not upset, just shocked.

Um, wow… People never seem to surprise me anymore…

Even if she didn’t know about your fertility and IVF stuff… It would still be inappropriate around anyone (with fertility problems or not)… Who just lifts up their shirt and does that? Weirdo!

[B]I always hated that from pregnant woman…I never did that. I would do it if I was alone or with husband. I never rubbed my belly in front of ppl nor did I have to hold my belly while walking in the mall or such. But there’s a million of woman who does that…they hold it like the belly is suddenly going to fall off! I mean come on! I had friends who struggle I will never talked about it nor make any suggestions even less lift my shirt up. You could now she how ignorant she really is. [/B]

Wow…classy.

[quote=Wishes4Baby]Need to vent, wow!

So I’m at my girlfriend’s house tonight, I’m catching her up on my fertility stuff and plan with IVF. She’s excited, I’m excited, all is going well. In walks her brother and his pregnant girlfriend. She looks adorable, I congratulate, etc. My friend mentions my IVF stuff to her, so she knows and asks a few questions. An hour later as were getting ready to eat dinner, and her and I are sitting across from one another in the living room. And BOOM…chick lifts her shirt and starts rubbing her bare belly. REALLY!!! Some people just have no reality to what is going on around them, how could she not think before she did that. It went on for like 5 minutes, I finally got up and left the room.

Anyway, I’m just sitting her shaking my head. Not upset, just shocked.[/quote]

some people are unbelievable! my best friend and her parents went out for dinner with my parents and husband for new years evve (my best friend found out the weekof christmas she was pregnant), and the first thing my friends mom says to my mom is, im gonna be a grandma. really? not only is this hard on me and dh, but i know it kills my mom they we are going thru this. we cry about it together. and the sad thing is my friends mom knows we have been trying for a year and a half without luck, and all the stuff we have gone thru to try to conceive a baby!
i will say that after suffering fertlity problems, i will never ask a friend when is the next baby coming because you never know how hard it was to conceive that first child…

Doesn’t surprise me! Although, I’ve never seen anyone do that in front of people. Can we say awkward?!?

A few days after my last chemical pregnancy one of my best friend’s who is pregnant texted me that she was thinking about me and if I wanted to do lunch. I thought sure I could use a pick me up and that was so nice that she was concerned about what happened. So we went to lunch 1 week after my loss and she proceeded to talk about her pregnancy non stop for the whole hour. She has been there with me for the last 5 years when I complain about other peoples insensitivity and she does the exact same thing!

Nobody understands unless they go through it and have infertility issues…

A nurse at work (I work at a hospital) was so nice & caring when she treated me, when I had my D&C. Now, months later, everytime I see her, she calls me, “Mama.” WTH?

[QUOTE=Prayin4MyMiracle]A few days after my last chemical pregnancy one of my best friend’s who is pregnant texted me that she was thinking about me and if I wanted to do lunch. I thought sure I could use a pick me up and that was so nice that she was concerned about what happened. So we went to lunch 1 week after my loss and she proceeded to talk about her pregnancy non stop for the whole hour. She has been there with me for the last 5 years when I complain about other peoples insensitivity and she does the exact same thing!

Nobody understands unless they go through it and have infertility issues…[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable… What was she thinking. People use your brains please.

even people who go through infertility treatments don’t think before speaking. My coworker who i was close with had many problems getting pregnant–took like 2 years or whatever. She told me she had a miscarriage so when I had a chem pregnancy i cried to her. Well two weeks later she was pregnant and she’d sit in my office everyday and say how amazing pregnancy was and how she’s so lucky she’s pregnant–blah blah blah. Everyday we had that talk for 20 minutes while I was busy injecting myself and all of that stuff. Now i try to be very sensitive to others but some people just don’t know common courtesy.

I think that kind of insensitivity is very tempting. I went through similar experiences where a friend who had been through infertility ended up being insensitive to me. I think it’s rare to find someone who has the kind of emotional intelligence to be sensitive. Or maybe it’s about finding someone who is sensitive to you as a person and not necessarily infertility struggle.