Did your doc do US @ IUI?

I’m just curious… does your doc do an US to see follies at your IUI appt? I should have asked, but since it was my first I just went with the flow. I wanted to see if I had actually ovulated prior to the IUI. My IUI was about 40 hours after my trigger…

Mine does not do u/s the day of IUI, but I was wondering the same thing

Mine didn’t either!

Mine doesn’t either. In fact, at my clinic, the nurses do the IUI… (and the ultrasound techs do the ultrasounds - regardless, no ultrasound on day of IUI, nor any after…)

The RN did my IUI too - docs did the monitoring US’s. Kinda strange that the most important part of the process is done by the RN…

Mine did, but only because she was concerned about Follie count. She did my first u/s and saw multi small follies. 2 days before IUI she had a midwife do it and she only found 1, measuring 18. So, day of my IUI (Feb 28th) RE did u/s and found 4. I was worried U/S would hurt chances of IUI working- I read the gel might kill sperm. But, she said that was untrue and I shouldn’t worry? I guess I’ll find out!

My RE does a tummy US during the IUI so he can make sure he places the IUI Cath in the right spot and watches the sperm come out of the tube. But he doesn’t check my follies.

[QUOTE=timetotest]Kinda strange that the most important part of the process is done by the RN…[/QUOTE]

I agree!! After midwife did my follie count wrong and RE re-checked morning of IUI, she had midwife come BACK and do the IUI! Clearly she is not very experienced. During procedure she said “oh some is coming out - but that’s ok it always does.” hmmm… Have any of you experienced that?

My drs didn’t on you day except this last visit was a monitoring visit. He saw I had one follie over 20mm so he did an iui that morning and triggered just in case I didn’t O. He did another iui the next day with no u/s

My RE did not do an U/S the day of the IUI. I’m guessing bc he assumes he timed everything correctly. You can have a blood draw the day of the IUI to determine your levels.

Ha…I am with you. WTF! They had an RN doing my tummy US and she couldn’t find my uterus - she was in training, I could tell, so I was nice - but she was hurting me with my full bladder and all! I would NOT have been happy if she were the one doing my actual IUI.

Ah well, I’ll just :cross: that everything was timed correctly and hope we see that :bfp:SOON!!

IUI with trigger shot

I just had my first iui on Saturday. 3/2/13

Used Letrozole days 3-7
U/S day 11. Produced one large follicle 22mm rt side and four small on the left
Hsg trigger 3/1/13
IUI 3/2/13 (performed 24 hours after trigger shot)

This Saturday 3/9 I return for progestrone check

My dr says this standard protocol for their office. Idk if this helps answer your question. :pray: :cross:

TWW

Good Luck

Just wanted to tell you good luck and I wish you lots of :babydust: !

Tiffany

[QUOTE=TiffyRN]Just wanted to tell you good luck and I wish you lots of :babydust: !

Tiffany[/QUOTE]

Tx!! I gave in and bought tests today. I’m going to test tomorrow (11dpiui). :pray: it’s positive!!!

The RNs at my office do everything as far as IUI goes. US and the IUI. In fact, I have not seen my RE since I had my HSG. The last consult she made me so after my loss was over the phone.
Anyway, I do not have an US at time of IUI either.

I really hope this is the month for you Nancy! After reading your signature, it sounds like you have had a long road. Sending lots of prayers and well wishes your way! :babydust: :babydust:

Thanks JK!
This has been by far the hardest thing I have ever been through. Its really hard to want something so bad but be powerless. In life, most things can be accomplished with hard work. Nursing school was terrible, but I put my mind to it and finished. Losing weight is hard, but I have been low carbing for over a year and have lost 30 pounds (well, 40 but have gained 9 since my loss in December).
But this whole infertility thing is totally out of my hands. There is nothing I can do. And that just sucks. I know its not like I have a terminal diagnosis, and I really am grateful for what I have and my health as well as my family’s. But this has been a long hard journey. Thanks for your words of encouragement.

[quote=NurseNancy]Its really hard to want something so bad but be powerless. In life, most things can be accomplished with hard work. [/quote]I couldn’t have said it better myself. I think that’s the hardest part… having NO control. Thinking of you and :pray: you get your :bfp:this month!