Did your endo pain improve with lap?

Hi all, new here. Thanks for reading.

So I have endometriosis and have never had a lap. I have a hydrosalpinx on the left, and I’m pretty sure I will be asked to get the hydro repaired before we proceed with fertility treatments. Let me rephrase that–I think I’m actually hoping I will be asked to get this repaired so that my endo can get checked also.

I know there are many variables, including the stage of endo possibly, the location of the endometriomas, the type of removal employed, degree of adhesions. I’m also aware that endo often comes back. But I’m just looking for some good news and examples of women who did achieve less painful periods after having a lap–and how long did the pain relief last? It might be difficult to categorize the pain relief if a pregnancy ensues shortly thereafter, but I’m just lookin’ for some hope I guess.

Thanks! :cross:

I had a lap procedure to remove my tube & that’s when they found stage 4 endo. My periods were brutal every month. Some months I’d stay home in pain on CD 2-3. I’m now pain free & have light cycles. My lap was done 10/2011. Best thing I’ve ever had done.

[QUOTE=Webelieveinmiracles]I had a lap procedure to remove my tube & that’s when they found stage 4 endo. My periods were brutal every month. Some months I’d stay home in pain on CD 2-3. I’m now pain free & have light cycles. My lap was done 10/2011. Best thing I’ve ever had done.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Webelieve! I’m so happy for you that you have had relief for so long now, especially with more widespread endo. That is exactly the type of news I want to hear!

Cookie